PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Robbers pose as Police for home invasions w/video link.

Irish
05-20-09, 16:33
VIDEO: http://www.kpho.com/video/19479628/index.html

http://www.kpho.com/news/19478076/detail.html
PHOENIX -- They busted into five families’ homes dressed like cops. They even shouted, “Police!” But police records reveal home invasion robberies at a cluster of south Phoenix homes in January were the work of a dangerous group of criminals.

“It was one o’clock in the morning and they started kicking in doors, telling everyone to get on the ground," said one victim, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of retribution.

Police reports obtained by CBS 5 revealed that the invaders wore ski masks or bandanas and burst into the homes armed with pistols and rifles, demanding drugs and money. They held victims at gunpoint and tied them up with zip-ties, the report said.

“I heard them cock a pistol at my head, so I was just waiting to get shot," said the victim. “I felt violated.
Police records showed that investigators searched two homes and confiscated body armor with police emblems, drugs and about a dozen guns.

Two men were arrested after a police chase -- Rosario Rodriguez Bojorquez and 18-year-old Gamaliel Arredondo, whose arrest came less than three weeks after his birthday.

The men face so many charges the indictment is 23 pages long. Among the charges -- kidnapping, robbery and weapons violations.

Police have not commented about other possible suspects.

Caeser25
05-20-09, 17:10
seems like this is happening more and more. I gotta be honest, if I don't see a black n white outside, the lead will be flyin.

JohnD
05-20-09, 17:17
I remember a few years back a group in Arizona also pretended to be Bounty Hunters and did a few home invasions. It may have been the Phoenix area as well.

Irish
05-20-09, 18:04
seems like this is happening more and more. I gotta be honest, if I don't see a black n white outside, the lead will be flyin.

I couldn't agree with you more! Too many innocent people and police are injured or killed in real no knock warrants or raids in my opinion but to have this happening as well?

Stay safe!

Iraqgunz
05-20-09, 18:18
This shit really bothers me when I hear about it. Especially when I am so far from home.

Joe Mamma
05-20-09, 18:29
I remember a few years back a group in Arizona also pretended to be Bounty Hunters and did a few home invasions.

This would make it easy for me. It would be open season on bounty hunters.

Joe Mamma

kmrtnsn
05-20-09, 20:51
Unless you have a couple hundred thousand dollars in illegal drug proceeds laying around your house I don't think you need to worry too much about either a home invasion robbery or a no-knock warrant service.

FYI, very seldom are black and whites anywhere near the service of a legitimate search warrant either.

mark1JT
05-20-09, 21:50
+1 on this!!

Unless you have a couple hundred thousand dollars in illegal drug proceeds laying around your house I don't think you need to worry too much about either a home invasion robbery or a no-knock warrant service.

FYI, very seldom are black and whites anywhere near the service of a legitimate search warrant either.

Iraqgunz
05-21-09, 01:55
I guess you don't follow the news much. It has happened in the past by real cops and douches. A few brief examples; xxx went to a house didn't do their homework and it was the wrong address. Bogus information that was passed as an anonymous tip to police (by pissed off neighbor) and a few cases of dope heads going to a house, but the previous known occupants had moved. The mayor of a city in Maryland who's dogs are shot dead by the police and the house raided because dopers sent a UPS package full of marijuana to the house (random address and the police didn't do their homework).

I guess I wouldn't be overly concerned if I was 20 minutes away, but I'm not.

Caeser25
05-21-09, 07:53

I don't even have a couple hundred dollars laying around the house:o and none of my neighbors are into anything either, so I know it wouldn't be real leo's

Honu
05-21-09, 09:25

unless the idiots get the wrong house !!!

I do agree though most of these are invasions against other drug dealers and wish they would just kill each other off

sadly it seems that many of these types live in neighborhoods that you would not guess they are in

also its just a matter of time for it to spill over

my neighbor had a buddy who had a small business they targeted him and did a home invasion and beat him for a day but he refused to say where his safe was !!!
(turned out they were casing his store)

SO once they start watching you come out of a gun range and follow you home you might become a target !!!! for your guns !! I really see this happening soon sadly

also funny moving here to Phoenix from Maui where I knew all my neighbors and almost everyone in the neighborhood
here I have gone out of my way to meet neighbors but many want nothing to do with other neighbors ? its very strange
I do know the neighbors directly to my sides well and a few homes away but its amazing the difference in people here and in the islands !!!

markm
05-21-09, 09:36
Amen on the "wrong house" scenario.

That's a nightmare situation for any of us.

dbrowne1
05-21-09, 09:40
If parking a marked car and turning the lights on as the door is breached isn't a common practice, maybe it should be. Seems that would be cheap insurance to signal to anyone inside or in the area that these are real police and not home invaders, and the element of surprise would not be lost if it's timed properly.

kaiservontexas
05-21-09, 10:24
That is all very spooky.

Irish
05-21-09, 14:40

What planet do you live on?

JohnD
05-21-09, 18:59
In the last 5 years a Home invasion has happened twice in the Vienna area of Northern VA. If you are not familiar with that AO, it is a very well to do area and several wealthy Diplomats live there. The last one I recall, it was a lady in her 70's that they forced their way into the house in the middle of the day around 1400hrs or so.

mike240
05-21-09, 19:17

These drug rip crews have hit the wrong target numerous times in the Phx area....it is a big concern.