PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Case Foam

Dave L.
01-09-07, 23:58
I have a Pelican 1750 case and I'm trying to figure out where to buy another piece of foam for the inside. I had it cut to fit my M4gery and an 870 now I want to fit the AR/1911 and a bunch of other stuff. I emailed CPD Industries (the company who makes pre-cut foam inserts) and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't buy my case from them in the first place(the reason I didn't buy my Pelican from them is because they pre-cut the foam a pretty and sell a $170 case for $343...thanks I'll save some money and cut my own).
Please let me know.
Thanks
Dave

Robb Jensen
01-10-07, 00:11
I think we sell uncut pieces for something like $25ea.

Obiwan
01-10-07, 09:44
Are you talking about the egg-crate foam?

Or the flat foam that has the tear outs?

If you want a piece of flat urethane foam without tear outs (to cut yourself) I can hook you up for free

combatvet
01-10-07, 15:27

If you want a piece of flat urethane foam without tear outs (to cut yourself) I can hook you up for free

Would you be willing to hook me up too? I'd be willing to shoot you a little something for your trouble..

Dave L.
01-10-07, 20:49

Is it the same stuff that pelican uses in their cases?

Zak Smith
01-10-07, 20:53
http://www.foambymail.com/Polyethylene.html

SuicideHz
01-10-07, 22:15
GotM4- the heavy density stuff or the lighter stuff?

ETA: I mean to ask if it is the closed cell or open cell foam. Just came to me as I hit "submit."

Obiwan
01-12-07, 15:31
I can't speak for Pelican

The cases I have from them had medium density polyurethane foam in them

Like a matress pad

I could not tell you the exact specs, but it was nothing special

At least one of my cases had that middle layer diecut so you had little squares you can pull apart to make cavities

I threw that away...I personally like the egg crate better for "generic" use and on dedicated cases I use our cad cutting table to make a custom insert

I can hook up a few people (focus on the word few) but I would need to know the size you need

And it would be grey in color....medium to dark...but gray

Obiwan
01-12-07, 15:41
kinda like this

combatvet
01-12-07, 20:51
I can't speak for Pelican

The cases I have from them had medium density polyurethane foam in them

Like a matress pad

I could not tell you the exact specs, but it was nothing special

At least one of my cases had that middle layer diecut so you had little squares you can pull apart to make cavities

I threw that away...I personally like the egg crate better for "generic" use and on dedicated cases I use our cad cutting table to make a custom insert

I can hook up a few people (focus on the word few) but I would need to know the size you need

And it would be grey in color....medium to dark...but gray

IM sent. Thanks Obi

M_Rapp
12-06-19, 08:04
Is there a service out there that makes custom foam? For example, I have a specific case and I want room for X handgun, X # of mags, a holster, and some ammo?

Thanks!

jack crab
12-06-19, 09:41
Is there a service out there that makes custom foam? For example, I have a specific case and I want room for X handgun, X # of mags, a holster, and some ammo?

Thanks!

I don't have the URL handy, but there is a company that has a pull down menu of all the usual cases. You pick your case, then they have a library of templates for various firearms, cameras, telescopes, etc. You place the templates where you want, and then they cut and send to you.

M_Rapp
12-06-19, 10:30
I don't have the URL handy, but there is a company that has a pull down menu of all the usual cases. You pick your case, then they have a library of templates for various firearms, cameras, telescopes, etc. You place the templates where you want, and then they cut and send to you.

That is what I am looking for!! Anyone know who this company is? Thanks!

k9barco
12-07-19, 18:59
I have some, like new, pelican 1710 foam for free, if anyone needs it.
Let me know and I will measure it and see if it fits in a large flat rate box or other shipping options.