PDA

View Full Version : When you think you've seen it all...

John_Wayne777
05-21-09, 19:25
Someone proves you wrong.

Step 1: Set revolver on roof of car

Step 2: Begin conducting live fire drills using your daily driver as a range prop

Step 3:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/poofire/STUPID.jpg

Profit!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/poofire/IMG_3444.jpg
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/poofire/IMG_3447.jpg

OPPFOR
05-21-09, 19:30
Ouch. Those airweights aren't exactly cheap.

SHIVAN
05-21-09, 19:31
Why was the revolver on the roof? :confused:

Ricardus
05-21-09, 19:34
It's called the moron factor!:D

In our highly technological civilization where everyone is savvy and knowledgeable, we still make moron mistakes!

Common sense is no longer so common.

John_Wayne777
05-21-09, 19:35
According to the thread on TOS (which I expect to go away soon) the individual in the picture was being sort of "chased" by some nefarious looking characters on his way to the range. He was worried that they meant him harm, so when he pulled into the range he whipped out his 442 and put it on the roof for easy access until he could get his long gun ready to roll.

He then forgot about the 442 and began running drills which apparently involved using his only means of transportation as a range prop to simulate shooting around cover. He gets the SBR wrong, and boom...he done gunned down his gun.

Jay Cunningham
05-21-09, 19:37
He was worried that they meant him harm, so when he pulled into the range he whipped out his 442 and put it on the roof for easy access until he could get his long gun ready to roll.

I suppose actually carrying it would have been unreasonable. Oh, and those holdovers are a real bitch, too.

Thomas M-4
05-21-09, 20:09
OUCH !!! Would smith&wesson fix that new cylinder and crane assemble maybe. If S&W did fix it it would make good P.R. like surefire except it didn't save my life by stopping a bullet LOL:D

DrMark
05-21-09, 20:14
Dear Smith & Wesson,

So there I was, being chased by some nefarious looking characters...

chadbag
05-21-09, 20:54
good thing he was not any lower. Probably more expensive to fix the car's roof than to fix the revolver

Don Robison
05-21-09, 20:59
Does he always carry a cameraman too when "nefarious characters" are following him?:rolleyes:

LOKNLOD
05-21-09, 21:03
good thing he was not any lower. Probably more expensive to fix the car's roof than to fix the revolver

It's a Ford Probe...the revolver is worth more than that car.

macman37
05-21-09, 21:18
That beautiful little Airweight!

decodeddiesel
05-21-09, 21:51
As my old Platoon Sargent would say "Wow....just wow."

RogerinTPA
05-21-09, 22:31
He's bound to win the Darwin award soon.:D

JiMfraRED1911
05-21-09, 22:34
Damn...that bloke is on my Facebook.:(

Suk.

VTLO910
05-21-09, 23:11
That should be a criminal offense... :eek:

kmrtnsn
05-21-09, 23:18
A very expensive lesson in the concept of sight over bore.

N4LtRecce
05-22-09, 00:29
LOL! He's a friend of mine on FaceBook....

JiMfraRED1911
05-22-09, 00:35
Shwing!

For the other M4C members, me and N4LtRecce will try to convince the bloke to tape the phone call to S&W customer service.

Patrick Aherne
05-22-09, 00:54
I grew up in San Francisco. Even in SF, real men don't drive Ford Probes. That's all I 've got to say about that.

Iraqgunz
05-22-09, 03:42
Can we sign a petition to have this clown disarmed?

d90king
05-22-09, 09:16
Your title says it all JW...

sgtdevildog
05-22-09, 09:36
while sighting in my new AR and using my range bag for a rest I apparently sat back a little too far and grievously wounded my range bag. oops. Time for the duct tape. Fortunately it wasn't an expensive bag and I'll have a good reminder.

tylerw02
05-22-09, 09:54
And the winner of the Darwin Award is......

I don't know if I should own up to him being on my fb or not......

Wow, oh wow.............:rolleyes:

dbrowne1
05-22-09, 10:23
He needs to make up a much better story for the S&W people.

"No shit, there I was. These nefarious fellows came and took my revolver, but I got the upper hand - I shot it right out of their hands with my rifle, just like that episode of COPS."

Beat Trash
05-22-09, 10:30
As I was explaining to my 13 yr old daughter the other day, "Some jean pools are more like puddles".

Can you imagine the look on the S&W customer rep when he gets this call. "You did what?"

markm
05-22-09, 10:30
I was going to add this story to my "Why do firearms attract so many Retards" thread! :cool:

markm
05-22-09, 10:32
A very expensive lesson in the concept of sight over bore.

I've never understood why this concept is so hard for so many to grasp. :confused:

decodeddiesel
05-22-09, 13:48
I've never understood why this concept is so hard for so many to grasp. :confused:

Mark, I saw something like this happen in the Army. You would think it would be intuitive but it's not...

We were doing convoy live fire drills at Ft. Campbell. It was our third run of the day and a few "extras" decided to tag along for the run including a brand new E1 medic who had been working at the FLA for the day and the Battalion Sargent Major and the Battalion Commander. My self and the other NCOs in the platoon really had some heart burn over this, but we were quickly told to STFU by our LT.

Anyway, exercise goes on, the Colonel rides with the LT and the CSM and medic are in with the Platoon Sargent. We simulate a blocked ambush so everyone in his vehicle piles out and begins providing suppressive fire with their weapons.

The Colonel and CSM begin walking up and down the line "observing" and stop behind the brand new medic as he is engaging a target at 200 yards with his M4. Well he was firing over the back of a "turtle back" up armored HMMWV and didn't take into account his height over bore. Unfortunately a brand new shinny satellite antenna mount for our Blue Force Tracker was in the way and blam an M855 hits the mount, bounces back and nails the Colonel in the for-arm. Blood everywhere...bad day...

SwatDawg15
05-22-09, 15:56
Atleast the medic could fix him up, after he f%&ked him up :eek:

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-22-09, 16:02
I was once practicing falling on my back and shooting. My foot bounced up and I DAMN NEAR shot myself in the foot. I try not to test Karma by picking on people too much!:D

Abraxas
05-22-09, 16:14
If we are honest we have ALL had our own dumb ass moments. Maybe not with firearms but somewhere, doing something stupid. Having said that, that is quality entertainment:D!!!!What I now want to know is, if he is on the fb of so many people here, is he too a member here:eek:?

markm
05-22-09, 16:14
I try not to test Karma by picking on people too much!:D

No doubt. No one is perfect. But this incident was pretty dumb.

tylerw02
05-22-09, 16:16
If we are honest we have ALL had our own dumb ass moments. Maybe not with firearms but somewhere, doing something stupid. Having said that, that is quality entertainment:D!!!!What I now want to know is, if he is on the fb of so many people here, is he too a member here:eek:?

I don't believe he is. I think he's just on barfcom and kylomg.com

kmrtnsn
05-22-09, 21:25
"If we are honest we have ALL had our own dumb ass moments"

So true, so very, very, true. I hope no pictures of mine ever show up here!

Erk1015
05-22-09, 23:10
In the words of the the Guinness dudes "Brilliant!" :)

SWATcop556
05-23-09, 00:52
Good God. I've seen some dumb shit in my times but that is definitely Top 5.

Unless he was actively being chased and treatened and he felt he was in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death I would say whipping out the ol' airweight and slapping it on the roof of the car would be considered brandishing a weapon and he would be the one in the hot water.

I wasn't there so I'm only speculating.......but damn! :rolleyes:

ETA: Some of my dumb ass moments in vehicle pursuits have wound up on youtube.............but that is for a different thread and story.

Everyone has their moments. My only hope is that I survive all of mine!

87GN
05-23-09, 09:52
new weapons safety rule, know your target and what lies in front of it

EzGoingKev
05-23-09, 09:54
Does he always carry a cameraman too when "nefarious characters" are following him?:rolleyes:
I am curious about this too. How did he end up with pics?

theJanitor
05-23-09, 12:17
What I now want to know is, if he is on the fb of so many people here, is he too a member here:eek:?

the real question is, why are there so many on Facebook? anonymity is a beautiful thing

kmrtnsn
05-23-09, 12:38
I had to ride in a Ford Probe once. When firing from defensive positions, the Probe falls solidly into the concealment category; not cover.

johnclark075
05-23-09, 15:00
Would never have thought it was someone I knew... Then I saw on facebook that it was a friend! wow...

This needs to go on FML.com

the_fallguy
05-25-09, 00:16
Ummmm.... I guess this would be one more reason not to shoot over the top of cover?

I can't say too much, as I know I'm not perfect. In my experience it seems like it's the guys that think they would never do anything so stupid that make these kind of mistakes. At lease nobody got hurt.

QuickStrike
05-25-09, 11:44
First time ever that I have seen a picture of a gun, shot by another gun. :D