PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Carrier question

Alaskagrown
01-10-07, 00:31
Who makes bolt carriers that have a shrouded firing pin? Or if it is a better question, what manufacturers sell bolt carriers with a shrouded firing pin? I know RRA does who else does.

Robb Jensen
01-10-07, 05:41
Who makes bolt carriers that have a shrouded firing pin? Or if it is a better question, what manufacturers sell bolt carriers with a shrouded firing pin? I know RRA does who else does.

Other than RRA.
Colt, LMT, CMT, Bushmaster, FN, Sabre Defense, JP also now use shrouded carriers to name a few.

The new carriers that G&R Tactical will be selling are also shrouded.

The shroud isn't some new invention, it's just carried over from full-auto M16 carriers which have been this way since the early 1960s when the M16 was first designed.

C4IGrant
01-10-07, 07:57

I will have some of the best carriers on the planet available next week. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=2972

C4

Alaskagrown
01-10-07, 11:09
Other than RRA.
Colt, LMT, CMT, Bushmaster, FN, Sabre Defense, JP also now use shrouded carriers to name a few.

The new carriers that G&R Tactical will be selling are also shrouded.

The shroud isn't some new invention, it's just carried over from full-auto M16 carriers which have been this way since the early 1960s when the M16 was first designed.

Thanks. The only two I have ever really had a chance to look at were the RRA and DPMS (not too many black rifle shops up here).

C4IGrant - Thanks this is for a future build so I won't be buying the parts right away. Do you expect the new ones you have to be a regular item you stock or just a short term "get it while you can" item?

C4IGrant
01-11-07, 17:27
Thanks. The only two I have ever really had a chance to look at were the RRA and DPMS (not too many black rifle shops up here).

C4IGrant - Thanks this is for a future build so I won't be buying the parts right away. Do you expect the new ones you have to be a regular item you stock or just a short term "get it while you can" item?

I will be stocking them for a very long time I think.

C4

Alaskagrown
01-11-07, 19:23
good to hear thank you

ar_mcadams
01-11-07, 21:26
are the Torx bolts something that FN uses on the carriers they use in the m16 service rifles? I have never seen a real FN carreir before to know. Allen head bolts are all I have ever seen in the rest.

C4IGrant
01-12-07, 17:10
are the Torx bolts something that FN uses on the carriers they use in the m16 service rifles? I have never seen a real FN carreir before to know. Allen head bolts are all I have ever seen in the rest.

Not it isn't. It is an upgraded item that was done to the carrier to make them better.

C4

WisP35
01-13-07, 21:35
Are the FN bolts MPI?

C4IGrant
01-14-07, 14:21
Are the FN bolts MPI?

FNI does them in house (I am told).

C4