PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for these families

parishioner
05-22-09, 09:13
http://www.wdsu.com/news/19526656/detail.html

One of the victims was a good friend of my family and actually lived down the street from us untill Katrina hit. They then moved to Katy, Tx. They were in town for a fishing tournament and were scouting out their spots the night before when their boat struck the side of a parked barge. It killed all five people on board. His name was Bill Voss. He has three sons and the youngest is graduating high school next week. I played high school baseball with his middle son for three years and he actually played in front of me all those years untill he left for college.

Bill absoultely loved to hunt and fish. He has a fishing camp in Houma that he goes to whenever he gets the chance. It got blown away twice by the hurricanes but he built it again twice. He sure was a stand up guy. He worked like a dog and loved his family. He was always one of the first to congradulate us on a victory as we walked out of the dugout. He will be missed.

Over the years my mother has connected with his wife on a very deep level and they became good friends. They talk on the phone almost weekly and my mom said they would often talk about how greatful and blessed they were for having wonderful families, devoted husbands and outstanding children. Since the youngest son was about to graduate, she talked to my mom about having an empty nest and how they would miss their son but they would also begin a new chapter in life where she could spend more time with her husband that she loved so dearly. Now she wont ever get that chance. I just don't understand how something so horrific can happen to such a greatful family.

Please keep the Voss family and the other victims in your prayers.

Thanks

Henchman
05-22-09, 12:41
Prayers sent. What a terrible loss for the family and friends to endure.

Cardiac Nurse
05-23-09, 03:03
praying...