PDA

View Full Version : Insights Training Center: General Defensive Rifle June 27 & 28 Lewisberry, PA

Jeff_M
05-22-09, 13:13
Insights will be conducted a 2 day rifle course at the West Shore Sportsmen Association June 27th and 28th. Below is a course description.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.insightstraining.com/view_course.asp?courseID=9

General Defensive Rifle
Course Price: $350
Course Times: 8am-6pm
Course Designer: Greg Hamilton
The intent of this course is to teach the student individual tactics and the use of the rifle in close range, high speed, defensive scenarios. The individual will learn rapid assumption of various shooting positions to maximize the use of cover and concealment and to provide for a more stable firing platform.
Subjects Covered:

Firearms safety as it pertains to rifles and lethal encounters
Marksmanship fundamentals: stance, grip, sight alignment, trigger press, follow through
Conditions of carry, carry techniques, ready positions, mounting of the rifle from the ready and carry/slung positions
Firing positions: primary positions, secondary positions, special positions
Speed reloading, tactical reloading, malfunction drills
Rapid engagement of single and multiple opponents, rapid target acquisition
Pivoting and traversing
Individual tactics, tactical safety, movement, channelization, utilization of distance
Tactical management of danger areas such as doorways, corners, stairwells, etc.
Proper utilization of cover and concealment
Defining the role of the rifle in defense, rifle terminology, rifle types and selection
Requirements/advantages of the rifle, shotguns vs. rifles
Carry systems, accessories, modifications, sights
Realistic ranges, rifle ballistics and "stopping power"
The legalities of deadly force
Required Equipment:
Semiautomatic, magazine-fed, iron-sighted rifle with sling (low power optics acceptable); 500 rounds of ammunition minimum (no steel core ammunition); 3 rifle magazines (minimum); Handgun with 100 rounds and holster gear; Knee and elbow pads; Hearing and eye protection

Prerequisites
Completion of General Defensive Handgun or equivalent and Concealed Weapons Permit or documentation of good character

John Frazer
05-22-09, 14:11
I'm already signed up.

I took the old 3-day version of this in 2000 and it was an excellent course. I'm looking forward to seeing what's changed!

Joe R.
05-25-09, 11:14
For those of you who might be on the fence about this class, I can highly recommend Insights Training. I have attended three Insights courses, and all contained outstanding materials and top notch instructors.