PDA

View Full Version : Magazines Currently In Production...

Razorhunter
01-10-07, 21:37
Guys,
I absolutely love the HK 30 rd mags that I bought a while back, with the exception that at times, a 30 rounder is a bit long, and a 20 rounder is better suited for some situations.
I have been debating on WHICH brand of mag to buy with my next purchase, and I'm wondering if anyone of you can tell me the following?

1. Are Magpul brand mags/44mag.com mags, and C Products Mags all the same? In other words, does C Products make all of the above? I swear the Magpuls look exactly like the C Products, except it looks like Magpul just added that clear viewing port...??? 44mag's look similar too... Is this true???

2. ASIDE from the standard USGI-Type, grey, aluminum mags, can anyone add to the list below, of TOP QUALITY AR Mags???
a. HK Mags (I've only seen BLK Teflon 30 rounders)
b. C Products (Stainless Steel mags, USGI Type Aluminum, 20 and 30 rounders available
c. Magpul (appear to be just like C Products, with a viewport added.)
d. 44Mag.com (appear to be like C Products, IIRC???

e. ????

I'm kind of starting to wonder if the Hk mags are really worth $50 each. I mean, if they are the best, then I have no problem with price, however, if there is another mag, EQUAL to or GREATER THAN the Hk's, then I'll go that route..
Just wondering if there is anything else out there??? Inquiring minds want to know... Thanks guys!!!

55Kingpin
01-10-07, 22:05
I have had good luck with USGI aluminum mags from Adventureline, Center, Colt, Okay, Parsons, and FN......(a sampling of about 80 total).

I've also had good luck with D&H teflon aluminum bodied mags ( a sampling of 30).

I ordered some C Products mags on the TOS group buy. I ordered a few standard dry-moly aluminums, teflon aluminums, and telfon SS mags (total of 40). I've heard alot of great things about them, and it seems like Larry really stands behind his product, so I'm not too worried about being a satisfied customer.

I don't have any experience with the H&K mags, but I've heard mixed reviews. My historical experience with standard USGI mags combined with the price of the H&Ks has prevented me from trying them.

SuicideHz
01-10-07, 22:13
FYI Magpul now has plastic ones in development. They look more like Aug mags than AK74 mags...

Aardvark
01-11-07, 20:08
I've seen some 20rd HK mags for sale. They were curved, had all the typical markings altho adjusted for the shorter mag body, same finish as the 30s. I didn't have the money to grab the ones I saw, but I sure would like a few myself. Otherwise, I just USGI 20s.