PDA

View Full Version : M&P Trigger

S500N
05-24-09, 10:27
My goal is to get the reset of my M&P45 Full Size pistols as close as possible to the feel of a stock Glock with a 5.5 lb. connector and standard trigger spring. I am considering sending these pistols to either the S&W Performance Center for the M&P Pistol Action Package which would include the installation of the Performance Center Sear or to David Bowie for one of his trigger jobs.

1. How realistic is my goal?

2. Which of the two options would you recommend considering what I'm trying to accomplish?

Thanks.

Sam
05-24-09, 10:35
I am considering sending these pistols to either the S&W Performance Center for the M&P Pistol Action Package which would include the installation of the Performance Center Sear.
1. How realistic is my goal?

2. Which of the two options would you recommend considering what I'm trying to accomplish?

Thanks.

1. I have an M&P Pro which has the PC sear, while the pull is lighter than the standard sear, the reset is still vague. It's definitely doesn't feel like a Glock reset.

2. I'm not familiar with all the options that Mr. Bowie offer, only heard great things about his work.

Robb Jensen
05-24-09, 10:36
The Pro sear will get it lighter than a 5.5lb Glock trigger pull. This is the reason why the Pro will never be legal for Production division of IPSC world wide (not USPSA, it's legal in the U.S. for USPSA Production). IPSC requires a 5lb trigger pull.

I have the Pro sear in my Pro and I shortened the reset, polished up everything and modified the trigger bar to accept a S&W Mass. compliant trigger spring. This gives a very snappy very positive fast reset. It makes the trigger pull heavier. My actual pull weight I haven't measured but it's probably 5.5lbs but feels different than a standard Glock trigger pull.

In my carry gun S&W M&P9L I have the stock sear and a Mass. compliant trigger spring. Same goes for my S&W M&P45. Both have shortened resets, polished up internals and Warren Tactical dot-on-dot night sights. The 9L also has Crimson Trace laser grips.

My suggestion would be to just polish the standard sear that's in your gun and use the standard trigger spring that's in it. With just a polish you can get the same pull weight. You can have Burwell or Bowie just shorten the reset so that it's about the same as a Glock. Just tell either you want a 5lb short reset trigger.

Blake
05-24-09, 15:00
I have been shooting my MP9 for about 6 months now. It has a LX trigger job from Dave Bowie. This trigger is really great. It doesn't have the audible click that the Glock has, but it is definitely distinct. The trigger is smooth and consistent. I love it. Everyone that shoots my M&P love it. Most are used to Glocks or 1911s. This trigger is far better than any stock trigger from the M&P or the Glock.