PDA

View Full Version : Vickers sling question.

Steve
01-11-07, 17:55
Ok so i decide to go get one.. I currently run single points.

so its on the gun i get kitted up (RAV , armor the whole 9yds)

ok comffy with my Troy gun..... sling up this thing is all over my kit hung up on my Camelback pouch then leaves a nice rope burn on my neck during transition drills...... what did i do wrong here......

its mounted mid rail and at side of lower in a single point plate. (maybe ill run it to lmt stock loops and see) any ideas or am i just not use to it enough yet i meqan granted the troy is is pretty heavy as far as heavy carbines go but jeesh..... help

mark5pt56
01-12-07, 06:11
I've found that try to match the sling to the mission if you can. To some, this may not be a choice such as the grunt in the field. He may be kicking doors one hour and in the "field" the next. The Vickers is a good all around sling.

You will have the issue described to a degree with all of that gear. Try to loosen it more so it "goes around" the gear and off the neck, a collared shirt helps.
In reality, constant adjustment will be in order.

I've found that with a carrier, etc, a short strap on the left side of the carrier, single point style is great.

A comprimise may be a UDC sling. You can run in single point and have a stub for the front end. Clip the stub(HK snap) on your gear and in a few seconds, you can unsnap the quick release of the UDC and attach the stub to it and front end.

Mark

Steve
01-12-07, 07:25
yes had a late night of playing with it and adj to be made

at 6'5 its always a chore

the sling is good i like it ill give it a fair shakedown ata few matches and class time the material is softer than my wilderness and i always wont be wearing collar shirts either on the job so ill deal no issue there...

moving the sling back to the lmt stock holes has made a differance as well

thanks

mark5pt56
01-12-07, 09:07
NO worries