PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see KevinB on Ultimate Weapons yesterday?

markm
05-27-09, 08:36
I don't think this is a dupe, but....

KevinB was on Ultimate Weapons on the Mil channel talking about a KAC rifle in the top 10 sniper rifles.

For some reason, I though he'd be a little more CAVE MANesque. :p He looked like a normal guy! :confused:

Sadly, the episode was polluted by a Leitner Weiss gun.

John_Wayne777
05-27-09, 08:50
Many have observed that he's mellowed considerably of late....

30 cal slut
05-27-09, 09:18
He looked like a normal guy! :confused:

Kevin is a great fella and a gentlemen ... in the flesh too. ;)

Saginaw79
05-27-09, 09:51
I was watching, did anyone see the LW SABRE or whatever that wasnt cycling

markm
05-27-09, 11:01

I DID!!!

The shooter was manually charging the weapon after each shot!!

Gee!! I thought they were the premier company for quality, customer service, and great pricing too! :rolleyes:

decodeddiesel
05-27-09, 11:04

Sure did. Boy that thing sure looked cool when the dip-sh1t was hand cycling that live round out of the chamber. :rolleyes: What a turd.

Some of the "experts" they had on the show were good for a laugh though.

I enjoyed seeing Kevin and the M110, The "pew-pew" Hollywood silencer sound byte they played whenever someone shot suppressed was stupid and the nonsensical "rating system" they applied to the guns was equally as stupid.

sandman99and9
05-27-09, 11:11
I was flipping channels this morning a caught a re-run of top sniper on the military channel. They had an interview with magpuls very own travis haley about his use of a SPR in action over in iraq a few years back. Good show with lots of teams from all over competing with everything from pistols to .50 cal rifles. :D:D

s.m.

John_Wayne777
05-27-09, 11:27
Sure did. Boy that thing sure looked cool when the dip-sh1t was hand cycling that live round out of the chamber. :rolleyes: What a turd.

Some of the "experts" they had on the show were good for a laugh though.

I enjoyed seeing Kevin and the M110, The "pew-pew" Hollywood silencer sound byte they played whenever someone shot suppressed was stupid and the nonsensical "rating system" they applied to the guns was equally as stupid.

All I can say is that when Kev let me have a little bit of time on the M110 (Thank you to KAC, Mr. Knight, Kev, and all the other folks that made that little event possible) I was thinking "Pew-pew!" the whole time.

Saginaw79
05-27-09, 14:16
I didnt watch beyond that, but i did notice the funny sound, though they were baffel strikes or something as it sounded like metal hitting metal

John_Wayne777
05-27-09, 14:49
I didnt watch beyond that, but i did notice the funny sound, though they were baffel strikes or something as it sounded like metal hitting metal

I don't doubt that they doctored the sound. The real sound of the M110 is like....well...the sound of other suppressed rifles. I don't remember whether or not the report was even loud enough to engage the electronic protection in my Pel-Tor muffs.

Frankly prior to that class I didn't know that the M110 existed or that the Army was looking for a semi-auto sniper system. I don't really pay that much attention to AR's.

markm
05-27-09, 14:54
Frankly prior to that class I didn't know that the M110 existed or that the Army was looking for a semi-auto sniper system. I don't really pay that much attention to AR's.

I didn't know about a few of those sniper rifles.

TOrrock
05-27-09, 16:31
All I can say is that when Kev let me have a little bit of time on the M110 (Thank you to KAC, Mr. Knight, Kev, and all the other folks that made that little event possible) I was thinking "Pew-pew!" the whole time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Vickers%20M4%20Mod-Staff%20Class%206-8%20March%2009/TD2/JW777andKevinB.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Vickers%20M4%20Mod-Staff%20Class%206-8%20March%2009/TD2/P1010819.jpg

Gutshot John
05-27-09, 16:59
I watched it on re-runs today. And while it was neat to see Kevin their rating system was absurd and arbitrary.

Explain to me how a 6.5x47 Lapua has more "stopping power" (however that's measured) but less recoil than a 7.62x51 NATO?

TOrrock
05-27-09, 17:24
I watched it on re-runs today. And while it was neat to see Kevin their rating system was absurd and arbitrary.

Explain to me how a 6.5x47 Lapua has more "stopping power" (however that's measured) but less recoil than a 7.62x51 NATO?

Easy.....it was compiled by non shooting British video game players.

markm
05-27-09, 18:19

The fact that a Leightner Weiss was on the show discredits the whole thing. But it was better than most stuff on TV.

steve-oh
05-27-09, 19:20
I saw Kevin, but I had to turn the show off after that. The military didn't select the LWRC, but lets rank it higher than the M110. Why? Because look what it can do - pop 2 pins, and you can change the uppers completely. Just swap them right out. This will revolutionize weaponry as we know it!

decodeddiesel
05-27-09, 19:29
I saw Kevin, but I had to turn the show off after that. The military didn't select the LWRC, but lets rank it higher than the M110. Why? Because look what it can do - pop 2 pins, and you can change the uppers completely. Just swap them right out. This will revolutionize weaponry as we know it!

LOL, my thought exactly.

Sad part was neither of the uppers worked. :rolleyes:

DocHolliday01
05-27-09, 20:33
The fact that a Leightner Weiss was on the show discredits the whole thing. But it was better than most stuff on TV.

Can you make it through a single thread without letting everyone know you hate LWRCi? We all get the picture. :rolleyes:

Skter505
05-27-09, 21:24
Now am I crazy or did I see them show a 7.62x39 wolf round when they talk about the m110? You would think they would be able to get the right cartridge to show, their local walmart must be sold out also:rolleyes:

markm
05-28-09, 09:03
Can you make it through a single thread without letting everyone know you hate LWRCi? We all get the picture. :rolleyes:

It was a pretty BIG part of the topic at hand considering their piece of shit gun didn't even work and was featured in the show, Dick.

Saginaw79
05-28-09, 19:05

LMAO I felt the same way! I was like WOW no other AR has dont that before...except every AR ever made almost LOL

Now am I crazy or did I see them show a 7.62x39 wolf round when they talk about the m110? You would think they would be able to get the right cartridge to show, their local walmart must be sold out also:rolleyes:

Saw that too

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-28-09, 20:41

It was a pretty BIG part of the topic at hand considering their piece of shit gun didn't even work and was featured in the show, Dick.

Hellooo, it's Doc not Dick. :D

Kev gets on TV and all we do is rag on the show. So it may be the short bus of TV shows, but it beats walking. Kudos Kev!

mkbar80
06-30-09, 20:11

+1

Noticed this as well on another episode. Somebody in production must be using that as the stock "7.62" shot. It pops up often when they mention "7.62 NATO". Beautiful...:rolleyes:

Victory
07-01-09, 04:21
This thread proves that television shows along these lines should be taken with a grain of salt. I'll watch them for the entertainment, but for factual information, they're a no-go in my book.

And, about the Leightner Weiss "issue", I'm not even going to get into that...

(/My $0.02)

-Vic

markm
07-01-09, 09:50
Kev gets on TV and all we do is rag on the show. So it may be the short bus of TV shows, but it beats walking. Kudos Kev!

For sure. I saw Ken Elmore from S.A.W. on National Geographic's history of the machine gun too.

The shows are entertaining, even if shady companies weasel their product in front of the camera.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-01-09, 14:03
Maybe Kev can chime in, but I've been in the background when companies that were approached to have their products on shows like "This Old House". It was big bucks. I don't know if these shows run the same way, they may just be happy that someone shows up with a gun and ammo. Don't know the background on a lot of the show producers, but it may just be a job for them.

KellyTTE
08-24-09, 17:18
:rolleyes:

Weak sauce. But anyhow, good for Kevin and KAC.

markm
08-24-09, 22:03
Maybe Kev can chime in, but I've been in the background when companies that were approached to have their products on shows like "This Old House". It was big bucks. I don't know if these shows run the same way, they may just be happy that someone shows up with a gun and ammo. Don't know the background on a lot of the show producers, but it may just be a job for them.

There is definitely some credibility issues with some of these shows when you see LWRC featured with guns that don't even work.

But you still have a lot of legit gun companies featured. KACs reputation speaks for itself.... as does LWRC's :rolleyes:

thetallengineer
08-24-09, 22:39
I thought the SABR, now called REPR, had the capability to turn off the gas port, turning it into a single shot? Maybe that is what they were showcasing in the segment. Although you would think they would have discussed that rather than the "feature" of the two pin's retaining the upper to the lower.

variablebinary
08-25-09, 01:14
Call me crazy, but I think the hand cycling was to show off the location of the charging handle, which is quite different from your typical AR15.

I don't think they would have allowed a segment to be filmed with a malfunctioning weapon.

E98T
08-25-09, 01:34
There is definitely some credibility issues with some of these shows when you see LWRC featured with guns that don't even work.

But you still have a lot of legit gun companies featured. KACs reputation speaks for itself.... as does LWRC's :rolleyes:

Call me crazy but I know of hundreds of LWRC's that run great all the time. Do you own one or have you ever even fired one?

DocHolliday01
08-25-09, 02:10
Call me crazy but I know of hundreds of LWRC's that run great all the time. Do you own one or have you ever even fired one?

I wouldn't even waste my time. :rolleyes:

John_Wayne777
08-25-09, 06:49

I'm not an expert in the area, but:

Time and experience have taught me that there's not as much money in things surrounding the gun industry as people think. While people may be willing to pay out the wazoo for a slot on TOH, I doubt the same is true for shows like this one. ;)

Robb Jensen
08-25-09, 06:55
Very true JW777.

The vast majority of people are in this industry due to the passion for guns and freedom. For instance the average Gov't employee in NoVA makes more than double what I make a year.

LWRC-Jarred
08-25-09, 10:08

The Shooter was firing the SABR/REPR with the gas system of, inturn making him have to hand cycle through each round, it is a feature on the SABR/REPR. The rifle was functioning perfect.

Safetyhit
08-25-09, 13:50
The Shooter was firing the SABR/REPR with the gas system of, inturn making him have to hand cycle through each round, it is a feature on the SABR/REPR. The rifle was functioning perfect.

I suspected something like this was the case.