PDA

View Full Version : Simply Dynamic....Questions on the MAGK

adh
05-27-09, 21:11
Didn't want to continue taking the AK pic thread off topic....The pics of the MAGK being quoted over and over are going to dominate the current page.

Anyway, Simply Dynamic, IIRC, the MAGK is actually a project that you started and own so I'm guessing you can answer the few questions below:

1: It looks like the MAGK uses a standard Fixed AK stock with the addition of somehting like the Vltor collapsible stock adapter. Is that correct?

2: Is the host an AK102 variant? to my eyes the barrel looks too short to be a krink, but it's so unique I can't tell.

3: Whose rail assembly?

Seeing that thing (as I'm sure many others will agree) kinda makes me want to start another AK project, but I have to remember I'd be much better served buying more ammo and having the funds available to take a class if one ever makes it my way (bring some Magpul Dynamics to Central Texas!!!).

Thanks

ADH

decodeddiesel
05-29-09, 10:22
I was hoping to create a clone of this weapon last fall but was thwarted due to the in-availability of the correct gas block. The weapon started as a Saiga .223 (which is really the best way to start any .223 AK IMHO). Here is what Travis had to say about it on another forum. I will quote it here because you need a paid membership to view it on the other forum.

Thanks Gents, I will get more pics soon as I get settled,... Im out on the road training.

Heres a little info on the gun.

First off I built it myself with the help of my buddy Estaban who makes phenomenal conversions. http://www.ipscgun.com/

-It is a Saiga cut to 12" and threaded 1/2 28 right in front of the Russian threads and SBRed with a AAC M42000

-The charging system is something I came up with about 2 years ago before all the other ones you see out there. As you can see from the left side the dust cover is not as open. Yes those are ACR charging handles that I cut and welded on to the carrier.
They do reciprocate which it seems some people have a problem with... why I haven't a clue... its an AK?!

-Extended custom trigger finger Mag release and Safety

-Ace MIAD grip adapter

-CTR with cheek riser.

-Ultimak scout and lower rail (I welded the locking tabs in for a tighter fit.)

-Aimpoint T-1

-I drilled and tapped the Pig nose adaptor for a sling stud for the MS2 Sling.

-As for the Ranger plates I just took PMAG plates and mashed them on and modified the tab to fit. they will stay on even you don't mod the tab.

Since this is a one of a kind AK we have deemed it the MAG-K

The rear stock adapter is the ACE bolt on adapter so you would need to cut the tang to work. The Vltor is nice because it requires no modification.

adh
06-01-09, 20:23
Thanks for the info....sure would be a fun blaster to attempt to duplicate