PDA

View Full Version : Single Stage Rifle Trigger?

August
05-28-09, 12:39
I know.... not some guy asking the same question about triggers.... I know.

But, honestly, I've read a lot about triggers but still have no idea which trigger is a single stage that gives a standard, precision rifle trigger pull. Or, if one even exists, for that matter. I have RRA-NM triggers on all my gunz. But, I want a precision, very low weight, single stage trigger for a varmint rifle (RRA 18") that I'm finishing.

Please offer suggestions and experience. Thank you.

SWATcop556
05-28-09, 13:22
I prefer a GI trigger to almost anything, but for your applications and what you are wanting it for I think you would be well served by getting a GI trigger and sending it off to Bill Spingfield for one of his trigger jobs.

I know there are some threads here regarding Bill's work but I only got two hours of sleep last night so my search-fu is weak.

rubberneck
05-28-09, 13:25
I just bought a Springfield trigger and am impressed with the feel of it, then again I haven't gotten to the range yet so that may be an empty impression. From the initial impressions it has a better feel to it than a stock trigger without resorting to using non milspec parts and springs like many of the other aftermarket trigger groups.

IPSC_GUY
05-30-09, 01:10
I know.... not some guy asking the same question about triggers.... I know.

But, honestly, I've read a lot about triggers but still have no idea which trigger is a single stage that gives a standard, precision rifle trigger pull. Or, if one even exists, for that matter. I have RRA-NM triggers on all my gunz. But, I want a precision, very low weight, single stage trigger for a varmint rifle (RRA 18") that I'm finishing.

Please offer suggestions and experience. Thank you.

Having owned a couple of Two Stage triggers (WOA worked over Rock Rivers) I found myself in exactly your position and I tried both the JP trigger (and hammer) and a Timney. I wound up putting the JP (with normal power springs) in my Carbine and the Timney in my 6.8SPC, MPR set up as more of a precision platform than a blaster. I REALLY like the Timney it is a crisp short pull. Kind of expensive but that seems to be the trend theses days.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

implexant
06-01-09, 13:35
I have two LMTs with the two-stage tactical triggers, and they're a significant improvement over a standard one-stage trigger. I didn't think I'd go for a two-stage but after trying it I really like it. I found the LMT two-stage to be reasonably priced compared to some of the more expensive triggers. Found a great deal on two lowers with the triggers installed at the factory. Nice pull, clean break.

-Chris

Alaskapopo
06-04-09, 21:19
Not single stage but my preferred trigger is the Geissle Match Trigger.
Pat

Robb Jensen
06-04-09, 21:29
I agree I prefer a Geissele trigger for the 'games' but a stock (perhaps tweaked, like Bill Springfield) trigger for others. With my Geissele in my 3gun rifle. I basically have the 1st stage of it adjusted out of it. I'm actually find that it's too damn light, I need it a heavier because I'm pulling through it too damn fast. Mine is adjusted to 1.5lbs, my handguns are 4.5-6.5lbs once you get used to it the weight of the trigger isn't really a problem as many people think. It's much more important to be crisp and consistent.

Alaskapopo
06-05-09, 02:11
I agree I prefer a Geissele trigger for the 'games' but a stock (perhaps tweaked, like Bill Springfield) trigger for others. With my Geissele in my 3gun rifle. I basically have the 1st stage of it adjusted out of it. I'm actually find that it's too damn light, I need it a heavier because I'm pulling through it too damn fast. Mine is adjusted to 1.5lbs, my handguns are 4.5-6.5lbs once you get used to it the weight of the trigger isn't really a problem as many people think. It's much more important to be crisp and consistent.

I even have a Geissele on my patrol rifle but I have the weight set at 3.5 pounds and my fun guns are set at 2.5. I agree ccrisp and consistent beat light and creapy any day.
Pat

August
06-05-09, 17:35
O.K. I sent my three hundred bucks to PK for the space gun trigger.

Thanks.

Now, next topic -- wives....