PDA

View Full Version : diamondback tactical

capcop9
05-29-09, 16:56
Thinking about purchasing the Universal Tactical Outer Carrier (UTOC) Carrier from diamondback tactical...was just curious if anyone has used this and also what kind of plates does it take..thanks for the input

Federale
05-31-09, 09:08
Thinking about purchasing the Universal Tactical Outer Carrier (UTOC) Carrier from diamondback tactical...was just curious if anyone has used this and also what kind of plates does it take..thanks for the input

The UTOC carrier is very nice and in my opinion, an improvement over the earlier ETOC.

But I really don't look at it as a plate carrier, it is primarily designed to be an outer carrier for a IIIA vest. It will fit plates, but unless you've got the DBT IIIA panels, then I think this is a poor choice.

I haven't tried shoving any other ballistic panels inside my UTOC, but it most definitely is cut and designed to fit DBTs own IIIA ballistic panels. These are not SPEAR/BALCS cut. These are fitted panels and they UTOC's sizing matches the panels. The fit is tight (read "proper").

The UTOC is part of DBT's contract with the FBI and some other federal agencies. If you look through their website, you'll see that this is part of their "FBI Package" (http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/UTOC-Kit-Domestic-Agent-Kit-Restricted-Item-P3022C341.aspx) (but now they seem to be selling them separately.) The FBI issues these packages to their agents, but they go along with the rest of the package:
-UTOC UTOC Carrier QTY 1
C-CMA Concealable Carrier QTY 1
CT-CACB CAT Carry Bag QTY 1
CT-TP58 Trauma Pad 5x8 QTY 1
CT-TP810 Trauma Pad 8x10 QTY 1
P-CMA-QVA3A QVA-3A Panel Set QTY 1
FBI-ID-F ID Patch, Front QTY 1
FBI-ID-R ID Patch, Rear QTY 1

Personally, I like that they're selling the UTOC separately, but it only makes sense to me to buy one if you've got an ETOC (or a prior DBT/FBI issue outer carrier) and want an upgrade.

ICANHITHIMMAN
06-02-09, 18:00
I have 2 of the old carriers one in Tan that I used in Afghanistan with my M14 it was awsome. I used another one in Iraq in ACU with my M4. It fits over an issue IBA awsome. I know a lot of guys like to put there pouches right on there gear but I never have. I wanted to option of ditching my armor and running with my Kit if I had to.

You can beat the price eather. Every time I order from them I am blown away at the price I pay. It is allways so much less that advertised. Make sure you send them a copie of your ID card.

Iraqgunz
06-02-09, 18:21
Will my Predator I panels fit in there? BTW- there will be alot of Predator II's headed over to Iraq soon for use by a PMC.

The UTOC carrier is very nice and in my opinion, an improvement over the earlier ETOC.

But I really don't look at it as a plate carrier, it is primarily designed to be an outer carrier for a IIIA vest. It will fit plates, but unless you've got the DBT IIIA panels, then I think this is a poor choice.

I haven't tried shoving any other ballistic panels inside my UTOC, but it most definitely is cut and designed to fit DBTs own IIIA ballistic panels. These are not SPEAR/BALCS cut. These are fitted panels and they UTOC's sizing matches the panels. The fit is tight (read "proper").

The UTOC is part of DBT's contract with the FBI and some other federal agencies. If you look through their website, you'll see that this is part of their "FBI Package" (http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/UTOC-Kit-Domestic-Agent-Kit-Restricted-Item-P3022C341.aspx) (but now they seem to be selling them separately.) The FBI issues these packages to their agents, but they go along with the rest of the package:
-UTOC UTOC Carrier QTY 1
C-CMA Concealable Carrier QTY 1
CT-CACB CAT Carry Bag QTY 1
CT-TP58 Trauma Pad 5x8 QTY 1
CT-TP810 Trauma Pad 8x10 QTY 1
P-CMA-QVA3A QVA-3A Panel Set QTY 1
FBI-ID-F ID Patch, Front QTY 1
FBI-ID-R ID Patch, Rear QTY 1

Personally, I like that they're selling the UTOC separately, but it only makes sense to me to buy one if you've got an ETOC (or a prior DBT/FBI issue outer carrier) and want an upgrade.

Federale
06-02-09, 22:16
Will my Predator I panels fit in there? BTW- there will be alot of Predator II's headed over to Iraq soon for use by a PMC.

Honestly, I don't know. I have the panels that came with the Kit. ;)

What I do know is that the carrier is sized the exact same way as my panels are, and my panels are snug within the carrier.