PDA

View Full Version : MICOR INDUSTRIES FLASH SUPPRESSOR

Cagemonkey
05-29-09, 21:59
I know that the Vortex and Blackout FS are proven and GTG. I was just wondering if any one has seen or have experience with the Micor FS. www.micorind.com. For those looking for something different, it may be another option. The manufacturer claims better accuracy and higher muzzle velocity than the standard A2 FS. The vents/ports on the FS are aligned with the rifling rate of twist. 1/7, 1/9. Just some food for thought.

jmart
05-30-09, 11:35
Color me skeptical about the claim that it adds up to 100 fps velocity compared to an A2. Having said that, these things aren't rocket science, it's not like it's going to be a "bad" FH, but I'd just stick either with a Vortex, and YHM or if you feel splurgy, get a PW FSC556.

tolson68
05-30-09, 12:41
I'm not sure on this, but I believe the Micor is threaded on the inside of the break and can be ordered in 1:7, 1:8, 1:9 or 1:12 twist. If it's about an inch long that could be where they estimating the increased velocity from. I don't have any experience with these breaks, but I have seen a couple of reviews. The velocity issue was never addressed, but accuracy did seem to improve 20% or so.

Voodoochild
05-30-09, 15:26
I hope they have some serious data behind the claim that it increases velocity.

mark5pt56
05-30-09, 16:54
One way to find out--get one and run some test with it and a standard one.

GONIF
05-30-09, 16:58
people have been saying the A2 falls short for years. the fact is it just plain works. are there better ,hell yes but by only a small margin and at a dramatic price increase. I have Phantoms,and Smith Vortex FS and A2's ,the Smith Vortez is the best for Flash supression . that said for most of us there is no need to go
beond the A2 . as far as 100 fps more I would need to see that on a
calibrated crono in person . if money is not a factor the Smith enterprise Vortex is your best bet ,for most of us an A2 will get the job done and save you money . :D

bkb0000
05-30-09, 17:05
I've never thought/heard/read anything about it, but here's a question- does a compensated/braked/flash suppressed muzzle cause any kind of rapid velocity loss once the projectile clears the crown? if so, simply not using any MD would increase velocity, and an MD designed to contain pressure could, in fact, "increase" velocity over other MDs.

anybody know?

GONIF
05-30-09, 17:17
I've never thought/heard/read anything about it, but here's a question- does a compensated/braked/flash suppressed muzzle cause any kind of rapid velocity loss once the projectile clears the crown? if so, simply not using any MD would increase velocity, and an MD designed to contain pressure could, in fact, "increase" velocity over other MDs.

anybody know?

I'll buy that for a dollar ,but i would need to see proof .:rolleyes: if you don't need flas supression a properly crowned barrel will be more accurate and should produce a minor increase in MV .