PDA

View Full Version : how to mount a LT or ADM???(Noob)

sandman_sy
05-30-09, 04:07
Guys.. im surprised that theres not a thread bout this.. the correct step by step to how to mount these popular QD mounts.

I recently bought 2 ADM.. 1 for my M2.. and 1 for my Weaver scope.. i bought a QD because it holds its zero no matter how many times i switch mounts.. hehehe..

So.. i was about to install my Weaver to the ADM Recon mount.. and i wanted a good step by step mounting of the scope... questions popped in my head.. should i install the mount before i mount the scope?? or vice versa?? and a whole lot more.. i'd like to this once.. not half way thinking "oh crap, i gota start over"

Here's what i got so far:

1.) Level the Rifle...
2.) Install the mount to the rail..
2.) Remove the Screws and place the scope on the mount...
3.) Look for the "sweet spot" .. eye relief and etc...
4.) Put in the screws( i have no idea to what order.. some say "X" style.. so the scope is evenly tightened...)
5.) im at a dead end here.... dont know how to finish this part...

I saw a crapload of leveling or mounting videos.. but 100% are scope rings instructions.. and i saw that they level the scope yet again before they tighten the screws.. do we need to level the ADM mount?? personal opinion.. no.. but maybe some of the pros can shed light on this.

To all experienced and LT/ADM owners.. help pls... :)

RD62
05-31-09, 14:00
Your steps look right to me.

You aren't leveling the mount or scope, but the reticle inside the scope. The reason is so that your corrections truly move in the vertical and horizontal planes, and not at some angle to them. Inside of a 100yds you may not really notice a diference. But if you start shooting at distances of 300 or more, you may see some sigificant variation in point of aim/point of impact if the reticle is not properly aligned.

You may also want to use some blue loc-tite on the mount screws to help keep the screws tight.

-RD62