PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk..."street cred"

Drew78
05-30-09, 06:39
Hi to all!

First post here at this forum. What a great place with tons of great info.

A little background on my platform and caliber preferences:

Glock 19's / 26's and I am from the 124-147 gr camp. My main carry loads are either Ranger-T or HST in the 147 gr.

When it comes to the discussion of chosing a 9mm weight I know most are divided between light/fast or slow/heavy.

The 115 gr +p+ crowd are always going on about how FBI gel testing is not that important and what a great track record rounds like 9PBLE have in real shootings. I am sure that it performs well in the real world even though I think it failed the FBI gel testing.

So...On to my question. I keep reading about these "OIS" events. I have no idea of what it stands for, but I am assuming it is in relation to a shooting.

Do we have any of this type of info that could help bolster the real world results of modern 147 gr loads like HST, Ranger, and Gold Dot?

If anyone could elaborate on the current real world performance and/or provide some links that would be much appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance!!!

-Drew

rob_s
05-30-09, 07:01
AFAIK OIS stands for Officer Involved Shooting, which is code for "a cop shot somebody".

Drew78
05-30-09, 08:38
Ok-
Thanks-that is what I figured.
Thanks again!

tpd223
05-30-09, 22:10
All of the newer 147gr loads, HST, Ranger-T and Gold Dot work just fine.

I've seen the HST and Ranger after they have hit people, they look exactly like the heavy clothing test bullets.

Drew78
05-30-09, 22:17
Thanks for the feedback TPD223! :D