PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint confusion

kwelz
05-31-09, 11:05
I am looking at selling my Eotech and switching to an Aimpoint. I have done some digging but I seem to be missing something. I really like the looks and specs of the CompM3 but I am trying to figure out the practical differences between the CompM3 and CompML3 except that the ML3 seems to be a bit cheaper.

Can someone give me the quick and dirty Aimpoints for Dummies here, I did a search but didn't find anything but if there is a thread that already covers this point me in that direction please.

Joe R.
05-31-09, 11:07
The M3 has IR settings. The ML3 does not. If you are not using night vision the ML3 is the way to go.

DRich
05-31-09, 11:23
And if you don't plan to go scuba diving with your rifle, the Aimpoint C3 is an even better, less expensive option. Same features as the ML3, but only waterproof to a few feet

rob_s
05-31-09, 11:29
hope this helps (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pwswheghNQsFFHwq_KhEISQ)

kwelz
05-31-09, 11:29
Can you get the rubber protector for the C3? That was one of the big appeals to me of the M3 and ML3. I don't care if my gun gets banged around but a bit of extra protection on the optic doesn't hurt.

kwelz
05-31-09, 11:30
hope this helps (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pwswheghNQsFFHwq_KhEISQ)

Rob you are the Man. Thanks a lot!

DRich
05-31-09, 11:32
Can you get the rubber protector for the C3?
Yes, externally the C3 is the same as the M3/ML3 so they all use the same covers.

FJB
06-01-09, 02:28
Can you get the rubber protector for the C3? That was one of the big appeals to me of the M3 and ML3. I don't care if my gun gets banged around but a bit of extra protection on the optic doesn't hurt.

Don't worry about "banging around" your Aimpoint sight. It can with stand an enormous amount of abuse. Go to www.downrange.tv/show2 and watch video clips Part 2 and 3.

S/F

FJB
06-01-09, 02:29

Don't worry about "banging around" your Aimpoint sight. It can with stand an enormous amount of abuse. Go to www.downrange.tv/show2 and watch video clips Part 2 and 3.

S/F

kwelz
06-04-09, 12:44
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up trading my 553 for a CompM3 with an ARMS #22 mount. He didn't have the rubber cover but I can pick up one for pretty cheap. I am just not sure if it will work properly with the mount I am using.

Shotdown
06-04-09, 14:33
Sounds like a good trade. I never did like the rubber cover. Just the flip up caps.

kwelz
06-04-09, 14:38
One other question actually. Originally I was going to purchase a Larue mount. However would I really gain anything over the ARMS mount?

DRich
06-04-09, 15:40
One other question actually. Originally I was going to purchase a Larue mount. However would I really gain anything over the ARMS mount?

Yes...durability. I've broken two different ARMS mounts due to their pot-metal levers. I'd likely break upper receiver before I broke any of my LaRue mounts.