PDA

View Full Version : Ejection Direction (Correction?)

Titleist
05-31-09, 15:57
Sorry had to make a title that's impossible to say 5 times fast.

Finally got one of my two SBRs out to the range today. It's a tack driver. But it's spittin' brass to the 2 o'clock position while my other rifles usually go for a nice grouping at 5 o'clock.

It's a Larue stealth upper and their BCG. Is this a sign the extractor is hinky, or I need a heavier buffer, etc?

It extracts, so it's doing it's job, usually people just tend to say that back and to the right is the norm.

Blankwaffe
05-31-09, 17:18
Here is a quote I have written down in my notebook that gotm4/Robb made on the subject a couple years ago..

"If you see an AR ejecting forward (2 o'clock) it may either have a weak ejector or too much extractor tension. Only a few of my ARs do this typically the 10-11" SBRs because I use black buffers, Colt or Wolff XP extractor springs and Crane 0-rings or MGI D-fenders."

If you do a search on extractor springs etc. and use gotm4 name in the advanced search you will find a ton of information he has provided on the subject over the past few years.Very informative information too.Take the time and make some notes so you can reference the information....at least thats what I do.

Heavy Metal
05-31-09, 17:20
Ejecting at 2 O'Clock can also be too much bolt velocity. You might want to try a heavier buffer.

Titleist
05-31-09, 17:35
Thanks guys, I'll do a search for that. I'm running an H buffer, but I'm thinking I'll step up to a H2 and give that a try.

Blankwaffe
05-31-09, 19:44
Yeap you might want to try the H2.My brother is running H2's behind his BCM SBR.He is also running a CS Tactical springs action spring.
Either way the parts are fast and easy to upgrade/test at the range.
Yeah there is a ton of outstanding information on this site if you take the time to read it all.I have a note book thats about two inches thick with information Ive gained from here.

Robb Jensen
05-31-09, 20:47
If the gun is running 100%, ejection direction doesn't matter.

Alaskapopo
06-01-09, 03:25
If the gun is running 100%, ejection direction doesn't matter.

Thank you for pointing this out. Sometimes people get worried about nothing.
Pat