PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Shield Grease

Blankwaffe
06-01-09, 06:13
Has anyone here tried the new Weapon Shield Grease?
I'll have some here shortly to try out in person,but was wondering if any of yall had any experience with it yet.

larry0071
06-01-09, 06:34
Not the grease ( not familiar with it? ) but the Weapon Shield CLP, and I have some background experiance with its inventor and what he does.... and I will tell you this:

What George created is amazing. I use it in my cars, trucks, tractors, weed eaters, ATV's, and if I thought it would work.... I would use it in bed. Yea, it's that amazing.

My sled pulling engines (521ci BB Ford) run at a flat 8,800 RPM and I had always put bearings in mains and rods mid summer at least once. Since going with George's product, the need to do that vanished. And amazingly enough, I had one experiment (about 8 years back) where I left the mains and rods in for 3 seasons. George is a chemist and a scientist, he is not bullshitting, and his shit works like all get-out!

Bottom line, If George has a new grease, I am 110% sure his secret mix is being blended into it, just as it blended into the entire Steel Shield line of products.

http://www.steelshieldtech.com/mainpage/retail-product-weapon-shield.html

larry0071
06-01-09, 06:45
OK, I just looked at George's website again for this "grease", and I think you are mistaken. It would be the Weapon Shield, and it is a CLP.... Clean, Lube, Protect.

Here is some links to past posts about these. Take the corrosion pictures with a grain of salt..... I showed that thread to George (Who is the chemist that made up the formula for the FP-10 as well) and he agrees that there is NO WAY for FP-10 to not protect as good or better than any other CLP on the market unless the plate or FP-10 sample was contaminated.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=23471&highlight=Weapon+Shield&page=2

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21027&highlight=Weapon+Shield

You can use the SEARCH and type in WEAPON SHIELD and you can find it mentioned or talked about many times in various threads.

Jay Cunningham
06-01-09, 06:48
I have a big tub of the WeaponShield grease that George gave me. I've run it in my Garand and my M1A and it seems like good stuff - no surprise.

Iraqgunz
06-01-09, 06:51
Weapon Shield does make a high pressure lithium grease and George was kind enough to send some my way. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to use it on anything in particular. I have been using the samples of Weapon Shield lube on the Glocks and some of the carbines after I do my clean, inspect and repairs.

Jay Cunningham
06-01-09, 06:54
http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store/images/WeaponshieldGrease1.jpg

http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store/weapon-shield-grease-1lb-tub-p-60.html

larry0071
06-01-09, 07:15
There you have it, another new product from George F.

Every lubricant he has is fortified with the Steel Shield package, so it will be as good (or better?) of base lith grease as any, and added to it will be the Steel Shield "super lube" (my term) that makes it unparralleled by any.

You will not be let down, and you will never go wrong with anything George dreams up. He is unique in his ability to atually deliver what many others claim but fail at.

PPGMD
06-01-09, 11:47
http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store/images/WeaponshieldGrease1.jpg

http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store/weapon-shield-grease-1lb-tub-p-60.html

$20 for that tub, hmm does it really work that much better then the $2 for a larger tub of wheel bearing grease that I get at Walmart? Somehow I doubt it.

larry0071
06-01-09, 11:57
Until you have had a lubrication related issue and seen what the effect of this product does to that problem.... you just wouldn't understand. Yes, it is that good. No, you most likely will not get what I'm saying.

If any of you run extreme high RPM race cars and do mains/rods/rings every season and mains/rods every so many runs......try adding Steel Shield to your oil for one season and come back and tell us if this is the real deal or not. Race engines spinning at extreme RPM's can accelerate wear to a insane rate. This product can insanely negate that wear.

No other oil or additive that I have been able to find can. So it is worth (within reason) whatever they wish to charge? How about .8 MPG gain on an over the road tractor trailer? That is massive, do some math. We tested it with 4 trucks and got an average 0.8 MPG gain, that equates to a $500,000 savings PER YEAR on fuel alone over the guys fleet of 70 trucks.

MPG went up. Wear went down. Profit went up.
We have the oil samples, logs of miles and fuel ups, and proof that it works!

PPGMD
06-01-09, 12:34
Ok so it's great in a car, but I drive a car with free maintenance, so I'm not going to be repacking my bearings.

What does it do for a gun that a $2 can of wheel bearing grease doesn't? I've run a crap ton of rounds through my Sigs with wheel bearing grease (including 1,000+ rounds between relubrication), no additional frame wear (the leading sign of under lubrication on Sigs, your gun will continue running even while you are wearing out the frame).

NinjaMedic
06-01-09, 14:50
In other news what is everyones preference for solvents and other cleaning supplies?

G34Shooter
06-01-09, 14:51
George was kind enough to send me a tub of it, I have not had a chance to use it very much though it seems a little thinner than the Heavy Slide Glide that I have...

I'm sure it will work fantastically...

MR.J
06-01-09, 14:58
I have a big tub of the WeaponShield grease that George gave me. I've run it in my Garand and my M1A and it seems like good stuff - no surprise.

I use this grease also on my M1A,FAL,PTR-91 it is some good stuff and is stays where you put it for a looong time.:cool:

gcfennell
06-01-09, 15:30
$20 for that tub, hmm does it really work that much better then the $2 for a larger tub of wheel bearing grease that I get at Walmart? Somehow I doubt it.

Ok so it's great in a car, but I drive a car with free maintenance, so I'm not going to be repacking my bearings.

What does it do for a gun that a $2 can of wheel bearing grease doesn't?

With all due respect PPGMD, anyone who makes those kind of statements based on an $18 differential and nothing more (no experiance with the product)appears to me to have no knowledge of lubrication and/or different grades of grease for different jobs. I'm not going to banter with you but merely address this issue just once.

Remember the old axiom "you get what you pay for" ? Well, it certainly applies here and the millions of the public who have used my products will attest to it as they have done here (thanks fellas).

At any rate, I strongly suggest my Weapon Shield CLP for over 98% of the weapons out there. The grease is for those who currently use it in a special weapons application and/or those weapons such as the Garands and those that use the Garand Actions such as the Ruger Minis along with all medium and heavy machine guns.

Is it worth it? Yes indeed.
Does it make a difference over the cheaper X-Mart type greases? Absolutely.

However, I would ALWAYS recommend that ANY individual who wants to try it to see, do NOT buy the 1 pound tub, but buy the common sense and more economical 2 ounce tub. The pounder is for those that have a higher volume usage. We just got the pounder up on the site and the 2 ouncer will follow within a day or 2. Feel free to call us at 800-390-1535 for pricing or to order. You'll not be disappointed, I guarantee.

Best regards,
George

Jdrimm
06-01-09, 16:23
George sent me a sample of his WeaponShield CLP a while back, it's all I use on my M4's and my stainless steel 1911. Zero failures realted to lube so far, about 900 rounds each on two M4's and around 400 on the 1911, all in a month, on new guns. Since I've always used grease on stainless guns in the past, I'll be ordering a tub for myself, regardless of the price differential. Good enough isn't always good enough, and I want the best for my defensive tools.

PPGMD
06-01-09, 16:28
I will admit that I don't know the science behind lubrication. I just know what works based on my experience, and what doesn't show wear on Sig frames. Sig frames are notoriously fickle, particularly with the Nitron finish on the slides. If your gun is not properly lubricated you will get frame wear long before the gun starts to malfunction.

I've run Slide Glide, Militec-1 Grease, Walmart Wheel Bearing Grease, and a variety of random other greases (along with a variety of oils, including his previous product FP-10). Honestly all the greases work about the same performance wise, some are thinner then others (Grade 1 or lower), but most are Grade 2. All allow me to run 1,000+ rounds on my handguns, and rifles, and my ultimate test lube a gun, put away for a month and see if the lube is still there.

After seeing no cost benefit from other greases I went with what was cheapest. So when a new super lube enters the market my first question is, how does it compare to other greases, in particular my old stand by Walmart wheel bearing grease.

Blankwaffe
06-01-09, 21:50

Katar,
Have you by chance ran it in a pistol yet?
Thats my primary interest in a grease.

Blankwaffe
06-01-09, 21:59
With all due respect PPGMD, anyone who makes those kind of statements based on an $18 differential and nothing more (no experiance with the product)appears to me to have no knowledge of lubrication and/or different grades of grease for different jobs. I'm not going to banter with you but merely address this issue just once.

Remember the old axiom "you get what you pay for" ? Well, it certainly applies here and the millions of the public who have used my products will attest to it as they have done here (thanks fellas).

At any rate, I strongly suggest my Weapon Shield CLP for over 98% of the weapons out there. The grease is for those who currently use it in a special weapons application and/or those weapons such as the Garands and those that use the Garand Actions such as the Ruger Minis along with all medium and heavy machine guns.

Is it worth it? Yes indeed.
Does it make a difference over the cheaper X-Mart type greases? Absolutely.

However, I would ALWAYS recommend that ANY individual who wants to try it to see, do NOT buy the 1 pound tub, but buy the common sense and more economical 2 ounce tub. The pounder is for those that have a higher volume usage. We just got the pounder up on the site and the 2 ouncer will follow within a day or 2. Feel free to call us at 800-390-1535 for pricing or to order. You'll not be disappointed, I guarantee.

Best regards,
George

Hey George.
Good to see you back bro.
By chance have you got any tech info on the new WSG?
TIA

ST911
06-01-09, 22:09

I like your WS-CLP. I've used it in a variety of semi and select-fire systems, in extended sessions, and it's GTG. Exceeds the performance of other commonly and commercially available CLPs. Recommended. In one particular example, I ran an MP5SD to ~600rds in about 20 minutes without a stoppage. There are a couple of other lubes that did it too, but they were not CLPs and were not at your price point.

I believe the (USGI) M14s and Mini-14s I used to have in service would've benefited mightily from your WS grease. I'll watch for the 2oz version to try in a Mini agency's guns I see and support.

Blankwaffe
06-01-09, 22:11
I will admit that I don't know the science behind lubrication. I just know what works based on my experience, and what doesn't show wear on Sig frames. Sig frames are notoriously fickle, particularly with the Nitron finish on the slides. If your gun is not properly lubricated you will get frame wear long before the gun starts to malfunction.

I've run Slide Glide, Militec-1 Grease, Walmart Wheel Bearing Grease, and a variety of random other greases (along with a variety of oils, including his previous product FP-10). Honestly all the greases work about the same performance wise, some are thinner then others (Grade 1 or lower), but most are Grade 2. All allow me to run 1,000+ rounds on my handguns, and rifles, and my ultimate test lube a gun, put away for a month and see if the lube is still there.

After seeing no cost benefit from other greases I went with what was cheapest. So when a new super lube enters the market my first question is, how does it compare to other greases, in particular my old stand by Walmart wheel bearing grease.

Ive been using George's weapons specific lubricants for over ten years...so I have a level of trust in that regard.As far as a NLGI 2 grease,I generally think its too heavy for a weapon unless diluted.That said I have used the Steel Shield Lithi Shield Grease which as a NLGI 2 on my pistols after mixing it with some Weapon Shield to lower the viscosity per se.Worked perfectly too.
Otherwise I have never skimped on my weapons lubes.Ive spent a bloody fortune on Mil-comm TW25B and many others over the years.So IMHO Georges new WSG is a bargin...if I like it which Im sure I will.Ive never been disappointed in his products yet.

Sobriquet
06-02-09, 03:32
I've been happily using Weaponshield CLP and Lithishield grease on my HK handguns for well over year now. In that time, I've not had a single malfunction of any kind. I also had no discernible wear to the pistol. I'm a satisfied customer. My guns run just fine with only the CLP, but when I know the gun will sit loaded for a while between range trips, I like using the grease so I don't get any migration or pooling of lube.

George, this is the first I've seen of the Weaponshield grease. Is there a difference between the 1lb tub of Lithishield grease I have sitting on my shelf versus the Weaponshield grease? I assume I'm fine continuing to use the Lithishield on my handguns, right?

QuickStrike
06-02-09, 04:51
George, this is the first I've seen of the Weaponshield grease. Is there a difference between the 1lb tub of Lithishield grease I have sitting on my shelf versus the Weaponshield grease? I assume I'm fine continuing to use the Lithishield on my handguns, right?

+1. I'm now using the lithi-grease on pistol rails + the cam pin and bolt ring area on my AR. And of course, weaponshield CLP for the rest of the BCG.

ra2bach
06-02-09, 11:57

it depends. do you know that automotive grease is mostly clay? that is true.

what the formulation for the WS grease is, I don't know, but I do know that it is made by a really smart guy with compounds and properties specific to the application of firearms. axle grease is not.

firearms have different requirements than an axle. there is a reason axle grease only costs $2...

mark5pt56
06-02-09, 12:29
So far I've used it on the SSA trigger. Geissele Recommends grease for the trigger. It works great for that. I need to give it a run on the Glock rails.

MR.J
06-02-09, 12:38
I did use this grease also on my Les Bear 1911.For 650 round's we shot my 1911 as fast as we could, we didn't even really aim just shot fast(we would take turns one loads one shoot's).Well and the end there was still a light film of this greese on the barrel.This gun was VERY HOT. We used gloves to hold the pistol by the way.:D

PPGMD
06-02-09, 15:52
it depends. do you know that automotive grease is mostly clay? that is true.

Clay, somehow I doubt that, you might be thinking of another grease uses on cars. Lithium Soap is listed as the primary binder.

what the formulation for the WS grease is, I don't know, but I do know that it is made by a really smart guy with compounds and properties specific to the application of firearms. axle grease is not.

firearms have different requirements than an axle. there is a reason axle grease only costs $2...

I have not doubt that he is smart in his field. But firearms are actually very similar to wheel bearings, the temperature ranges aren't that different, the movement of the parts isn't that different, and the materials are often similar. And wheel bearings go a lot longer between grease change outs.

There are a lot of things that are the same product, but are repackaged and cost twice as more for a specific market. Gun buyers are used to paying large amounts of money for grease, I've seen as much as $80 for a pound for "gun" grease, that $80 grease didn't work 40 times better, sure it was all pretty and white, but my gun functioned the same, no frame wear, and the gun was able to go 1,000+ rounds between lubrication applications. WSG is a steal compared to that $80 grease, but I still have to compare it to what I know works.

M&P45
06-02-09, 16:38
I had my M&P 45 worked over by Dan Burewell. Dan recommends lithi-shield to prolong the life of his trigger work and includes a sample with his trigger jobs. I have been using it for a couple of months. It has replaced TWB-25b on all of my handguns. It stays put and feels very slick on the slide rails. It does wonders for the fire control contact points on my AR's and FAL too.

gcfennell
06-02-09, 17:17
Clay, somehow I doubt that, you might be thinking of another grease uses on cars. Lithium Soap is listed as the primary binder.
That is true (Clay) in some cases, especially in the "High Temp" wheel bearing greases.
However, Lithium Complex EP greases are the "top end" of the wheel bearing greases and are indicitive of the additive technology used which are necessary in good anti-wear extreme pressure (EP) grease.

But firearms are actually very similar to wheel bearings, the temperature ranges aren't that different, the movement of the parts isn't that different, and the materials are often similar. And wheel bearings go a lot longer between grease change outs.

Now HERE is where I take issue totally. The statement above is somewhat misguided and not true...I'm sure, unintentionally.

Weapons, especially semi-automatics, are subject to violent and extreme pressures due to ignition, be they gas operated or blow-back operated. THIS is where the $2 Lithium Soap and the $20 Lithium EP Complex make a huge difference in anti-wear/extreme pressure protection and buffering. Sure, wheel bearings may suffer occasional "low to medium" shock loading, but nothing like the areas of a firearm that are subjected to in the aforementioned process.

Basic lithium soap greases lack the necessary additive technology to protect against breakage and wear, whereas the complex is miles beyond in protection. However, the additives are indeed expensive. In fact, it is the additive technology and package found in expensive oils, synthetics and mineral, along with greases that are the most costly part of them by far. There are many high priced lithium soaps out there that lack the additives to make them perform. This, is what most people end up comparing with little to no difference in performance...just price.
Make sure that the grease you purchase is a "COMPLEX" and an "EP" (extreme pressure) grease. That way, you know you are getting the additive technology that will yield much better results than the old "run-of-the-mill" lithium soap.

BUT...I now digress to the Weapon Shield CLP, which, it's greatest attribute is it's enormous anti-wear and EP capacity to lubricate, and restructure the surface of the metal on a near-quantum level; rolling out surface asparaties and increasing film strength of the metals and oils, dramatically. I'll say again; you really dont need the Weapon Shield Grease unless you just prefer it or have a Garand/Ruger trap door action; OR unless you are running full auto M-249/50 Cal BMG and the like. Even on light and sub machine guns I recommend Weapon Shield CLP.

Ladies and Gents...this is why I have given a free sample of it to anyone who has requested it. It speaks for itself every time.

If you want to buy or try the Weapon Shield Grease, then I suggest you order the 2 ounce tub and give it a go. If it's to your liking, then there you have it. Otherwise, Weapon Shield CLP is TOTALLY where it's at. End of story. I am going riding my H-D for the rest of the evening. Have a good one. :D

Best regards,
George

PPGMD
06-02-09, 19:30
Make sure that the grease you purchase is a "COMPLEX" and an "EP" (extreme pressure) grease. That way, you know you are getting the additive technology that will yield much better results than the old "run-of-the-mill" lithium soap.

Check and check in the $2 tub.

I'll say again; you really dont need the Weapon Shield Grease unless you just prefer it or have a Garand/Ruger trap door action; OR unless you are running full auto M-249/50 Cal BMG and the like. Even on light and sub machine guns I recommend Weapon Shield CLP.

I'm not going to disagree, except for the frame rails on Sigs, grease seems to be the only lube that prevents frame rail wear.

Personally my only concern is performance, but I don't blindly use a product, I enjoy experimenting when I can.

gcfennell
06-02-09, 19:51
I'm not going to disagree, except for the frame rails on Sigs, grease seems to be the only lube that prevents frame rail wear.

I highly suggest that you email me for a needle oiler sample of the WS-CLP. Just your mailing address is all I need. This goes for anyone wanting to give it a go. I will GUARANTEE that NO WEAR will or can occur with it's usage, and you can take that to the bank. I'll put my Weapon Shield where my mouth is, all the time. :D

gcfennell@steelshieldtech.com

Best regards,
George

yrac
06-02-09, 20:44
Check and check in the $2 tub.

Pretty tough to compare this product to the $2 grease until you've tried both side by side. I'd suggest obtaining a sample, or just buy the 2-oz tube along with a 16-oz bottle of Weaponshield CLP (great stuff...). Let's please stop the comparison of this product to the $2 grease until you've used both.

PPGMD
06-02-09, 20:52
Unfortunately my only two Sigs without any frame wear at all are two that I can't replace (both are out of production), so I won't be running oil on them. You can't replace that anodizing once you lose it.

I'd be willing to give your grease a fair shake though.

I'm going to be buying another Sig 226R (aka something that is replaceable) later this year, and I might take you up on the CLP challenge.

PPGMD
06-02-09, 20:57
Pretty tough to compare this product to the $2 grease until you've tried both side by side. I'd suggest obtaining a sample, or just buy the 2-oz tube along with a 16-oz bottle of Weaponshield CLP (great stuff...). Let's please stop the comparison of this product to the $2 grease until you've used both.

I might order a tube of the grease when smaller sizes become available, unless he wants to send a sample of the grease out.

I'm willing to give anything a fair shake, but I look for results, not for theories.

NiceHK
06-02-09, 21:29
What's the difference between Weapon Shield Grease and Lithi-Shield? When I purchased the Weapons Shield I never saw the Weapon Shield Grease and so I got the Lithi-Shield.

gcfennell
06-02-09, 22:02
I'm willing to give anything a fair shake, but I look for results, not for theories.

I don't work off of or propone theories here. All my statements are based on facts, documentation and actual usage. Hence, I would never be so foolish as to make an outright replacement guarantee of your weapon based on a "theory". ;)

What's the difference between Weapon Shield Grease and Lithi-Shield? When I purchased the Weapons Shield I never saw the Weapon Shield Grease and so I got the Lithi-Shield.

Nothing to be concerned about NiceHK. The Lithi-Shield is an NLGI #2 in rheological thickness or semi-solid viscosity and the Weapon Shield Grease is an NLGI #1...a bit thinner for the colder climates and in the colder months. I also added the famous "cinnamon" fragrance analine oil to the Weapon Shield Grease and sweetened it up a bit with a wee shot of Weapon Shield's additive technologies.

They both work "par excellance"...and this I guarantee as well. :D

Best regards,
George

gcfennell
06-03-09, 07:25
Gentlemen and Ladies,

The page for the 2 ounce tub of Weapon Shield Grease is up.

http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store/weapon-shield-grease-2oz-tub-p-59.html

Best regards,
George

bill_d
06-03-09, 08:44
hey george,
what do you think about the compatability of the new NLGI 1 weaponshield
with existing lubricants in a particular weapon.

am i correct in that the new grease is not a teflon containing product?
specifically, would you recommend a wash of 91% isopropyl alcohol similar to
the recommendations for the tw25b before the initial applications of weaponshield?

would such a solvent degrade the grease's properties?

in any case, i am going to try the new grease using the liquid weaponshield as a thinning agent where i need it.* that seems to be your recommended method.
a while ago your statement that weaponshield would "compete" for the available surface, caught my attention. in a mixed lubricant enviroment i have found it to do just that. perhaps too well, in some cases.

the prevention of wear claims are holding their own in my little empirical testing enviroment. i will be glad to get this thinner grease on board.
i am most impressed with the anti-oxidation/corrosion properties i am seeing.
a fresh blade's edge that is a bit warm to the touch takes on a unique coat of the shield that i have not seen when using other oils/lubricants/protectants

*as assembly lube in newly anodized parts

G34Shooter
06-03-09, 09:40
hey george,
what do you think about the compatability of the new NLGI 1 weaponshield
with existing lubricants in a particular weapon.

specifically, would you recommend a wash of 91% isopropyl alcohol similar to
the recommendations for the tw25b before the initial applications of weaponshield?

in any case, i am going to try the new grease using the liquid weaponshield as a thinning agent where i need it.* that seems to be your recommended method.
a while ago your statement that weaponshield would "compete" for the available surface, caught my attention. in a mixed lubricant enviroment i have found it to do just that. perhaps too well, in some cases.

the prevention of wear claims are holding their own in my little empirical testing enviroment. i will be glad to get this thinner grease on board.
i am most impressed with the anti-oxidation/corrosion properties i am seeing.
a fresh blade's edge that is a bit warm to the touch takes on a unique coat of the shield that i have not seen when using other oils/lubricants/protectants

*as assembly lube in newly anodized parts

On my 1911's rail I ran a light coat of Heavy Slide Glide grease with a WS CLP floater, after shooting it and disassembling it I noticed the CLP took over the surface and the grease was floating on the oil suspended. :eek:

gcfennell
06-03-09, 11:06
Hey Bill...

Yes you are correct...no Teflon/PTFE at all.

specifically, would you recommend a wash of 91% isopropyl alcohol similar to the recommendations for the tw25b before the initial applications of weaponshield?
Not necessary, really. Just wipe off the excess material, in this case TW25-B

Not if you make sure it's thoroughly dry before applying the grease. Any solvent will thin and fight against the aspects of lubricating, as that's what solvents do.

If you ever want to reduce the viscosity of the grease, either the Weapon Shield Grease or the Lithi-Shield, the Weapon Shield CLP is the best agent to use as you proposed.

Granted, there is no middle ground on this. It competes and wins in every case known for the exception of zirconium and high content to pure nickel. Nothing on the planet seems to affect these surfaces chemically. Irionically, nickel is not native to this planet either. It is found in the earth's crust as deposits from asteroid strikes during the early formation of the earth. None is found in it's molten core.
There you have todays "I never knew that s**t" tidbit of trivia. :D

Best regards,
George

Blankwaffe
06-04-09, 17:21
Hey Bill...

Yes you are correct...no Teflon/PTFE at all.

Not necessary, really. Just wipe off the excess material, in this case TW25-B

Not if you make sure it's thoroughly dry before applying the grease. Any solvent will thin and fight against the aspects of lubricating, as that's what solvents do.

If you ever want to reduce the viscosity of the grease, either the Weapon Shield Grease or the Lithi-Shield, the Weapon Shield CLP is the best agent to use as you proposed.

Granted, there is no middle ground on this. It competes and wins in every case known for the exception of zirconium and high content to pure nickel. Nothing on the planet seems to affect these surfaces chemically. Irionically, nickel is not native to this planet either. It is found in the earth's crust as deposits from asteroid strikes during the early formation of the earth. None is found in it's molten core.
There you have todays "I never knew that s**t" tidbit of trivia. :D

Best regards,
George

Interesting info George...learn something new everyday.
By the way,got the supply of Weapon Shield Grease today.The various sized containers are certainly nice to have on hand.
Ive already applied the WSG to a couple pistol's in preparation for this weekend.We will put a few hundred rounds through the weapons this weekend and see how it behaves.
My initial impression is that its about the perfect consistency or viscosity.Much better than what I was getting in my mix of Weapon Shield CLP and Lithi Shield Grease.
Certainly leaves a better film on the parts than the TW25B and easier to apply than my Lithi Shield/WS-CLP mix.....and I know you hate to hear the "feels smooth",but it does seem to smooth the slides up better than TW25B and its not sticky like slide glide.I think you may have just hit the mark in my non-professional opinion.

gcfennell
06-04-09, 22:23
You are most welcome Raymond.
Thank you for the great words of praise and confidance too, my friend. Your opinion goes a long way here, indeed.
Best regards,
George

Blankwaffe
06-08-09, 20:50
George,
We put a little over 1,000 rounds through the Beretta 92FS and the SIG P226 this weekend.These pistols have been 100% reliable for the last 15-18 years respectively,so I was not expecting any issues to speak of unless it was ammo or lube related.
I initially applied way too much grease on the pistols due to the differences in viscosity between the WSG and the TW25B,and being in somewhat of a rush not paying close enough attention.
Once we got the weapons nice and hot while using them in the sun,the abundant amount of the WSG I had applied made itself at home.Needless to say the WSG does not enhance the grip and is tenacious.Smells nice though.Went back and wiped the excess WSG off and started again.Learned once again that a very thin visible film of the grease on the rails,barrel locking lever/block,hammer face etc. is all thats needed just as with any of the weapons greases.
Ran the pistols for two days with a somewhat low round count of about 500 rounds each,but experienced no lube related issues or discernible new wear.No issues with fouling attachment or accumulation beyond normal amounts.What did collect in the actions/grease simply wiped off with a clean cloth.
My initial impression of the viscosity being about perfect,stands.Looks like you hit the mark in my opinion.
The WSG's compatibility with the Weapon Shield CLP is also ideal,as the Weapon Shield CLP does not tend to float the grease off the parts as it does the TW25B and a few others Ive used.
As a final note,I'd bet the Weapon Shield Grease would make a very nice storage protectant as it flat beads up water/sweat and runs it right off.Did not see the usual rust on the grip screws from sweat this go around anyway.;-)
So far Im extremely pleased with the Weapon Shield Grease.Once I get a few more rounds through the pistols lubed with the grease I give some more feedback.

.45fmjoe
06-08-09, 21:12
I received a small amount of Weapon Shield Grease and CLP today to evaluate. I was using tetra gun grease and CLP from Wal Mart. I work in a hot, humid environment and after a week or so of being in my pocket the tetra gun grease on my LCP turns color and hardens. I stripped it down and applied a bit of the Weapon Shield Grease today. I'll report back after a week or so.

I'm also going to grease the rails of my 1911 and leave it locked in my Jeep at work in the sun for a week. I am going to clean the BCG of my 6920 and leave it in the Jeep as well. My experience has been with the Breakfree CLP it will evaporate within a day.

Thanks George, and I'll be sure to post my own test reports. :)

gcfennell
06-08-09, 22:01
Heya Raymond,
Thanks very much for such an astute observation(s) and a well documented weekend of shooting. VERY good info and well received.

I have to say that I am totally surprised by the enormous response to the WSG, to the tune that we can barely keep it on the shelves...and that's a good thing...no complaints. But you know my stance on grease vs. oil, which is pretty much unchanged throught the years. Talk about irony...lol, but if we're going to make a grease for weapons, then by gosh, we're going to make the BEST grease for weapons, as in all cases and every product I formulate and we manufacture. I am thankful that I have been given this gift or ability, and will always continue to strive for perfection, even when it seems that it can't be made or achieved "any better".

Thanks to all.
George

sniperfrog
06-09-09, 19:03
Heya Raymond,
Thanks very much for such an astute observation(s) and a well documented weekend of shooting. VERY good info and well received.

I have to say that I am totally surprised by the enormous response to the WSG, to the tune that we can barely keep it on the shelves...and that's a good thing...no complaints. But you know my stance on grease vs. oil, which is pretty much unchanged throught the years. Talk about irony...lol, but if we're going to make a grease for weapons, then by gosh, we're going to make the BEST grease for weapons, as in all cases and every product I formulate and we manufacture. I am thankful that I have been given this gift or ability, and will always continue to strive for perfection, even when it seems that it can't be made or achieved "any better".

Thanks to all.
George

What's your stance on grease vs oil?

I just bought a 1lb tub of your grease and I think you somehow crammed about a pound and a half of it in there :). I also got 16oz of the WS oil and have already re-lubed a few guns. Now I just need to get to the range one of these days.

Jay Cunningham
06-09-09, 19:08
What's your stance on grease vs oil?

He stated it quite clearly:

danpass
06-09-09, 20:22
hey george, thanks again for the WS-CLP sample, coming soon.

how well does the oil stay in place compared to the grease?

i've used sentry solutions hi-slip grease for a while. it stays where I put it and it seemingly lasts forever.

Blankwaffe
06-10-09, 00:56
Heya Raymond,

Thanks to all.
George

Yeah well,Ive been after you for years to make a weapons specific grease and I know I was not alone in that endeavor.There are a bunch of us out there that are greasers at heart and like running the stuff in our pistols.I think the SIG and 1911 forum is a good example of that.
Im just glad to finally see the grease...as you just noted there is a market for it regardless of actual need.
Yeah I know verywell how little use you have for a grease on most small arms applications.You have spent years providing technical information and proof on the subject.
But Im glad to see you cater to those of us who still want a grease to go with the Weapon Shield CLP.
So keep up the good work G.
If your ever in my neck of the woods again,hollar and we'll burn some powder.I know you have fond memories of the "temperate" summer climate here.;-)

.45fmjoe
06-15-09, 13:52
As I promised, a follow up from a week later.

The Weaponshield grease on my LCP has not changed a bit in this hot, humid atmosphere at work. It has not hardened, it has not discolored and it has not evaporated. I cannot say the same for Tetra gun grease. I have also noticed that feeding by hand is much smoother. I also do not experience any FTRB while hand feeding, which I did before. I can lock the slide back, insert a fresh magazine and press the slide stop to chamber a round. I could not do this before with any regularity.

I also placed the Weaponshield on my Colt Lightweight XSE Commander and kept it locked in my Jeep for the week and have seen the same results. The grease has not hardened and discolored in the intense Florida heat. I also notice an improvement in hand feeding, as in the slide cycles much more smoothly.

I look forward to wringing this grease out at the range, but those are my initial impressions.

ETA - I cleaned and lubed my 6920's BCG with the Weaponshield CLP and left it inside my store or locked in the Jeep for the week. The BCG remains wet. Last night I was dry firing and left the port door open. This morning the bolt was not still dripping wet, but there was still a light film of oil everywhere. The inside of the upper receiver is still very, very wet.

Irish
06-15-09, 14:44
My sample is in the mail from George and if his products work as good as his customer service via e-mail and my inquiries then they should be GTG.

Robb Jensen
06-28-09, 08:53
I haven't used Weaponshield grease but it's on my list of things to get and try. I've seen M&Ps that Dan Burwell has worked on and Dan uses it at he triggerbar, sear and firing pin area.

Blankwaffe
06-29-09, 07:30
gotm4,
The Weaponshield Grease has been working perfectly on my pistols....Beretta's,SIG's and 1911's.Could not ask for anything better for the aluminum framed weapons,especially in the warm temps we have been having.Ive yet to have a pistol run dry,no heavy fouling or function issues.So I say its good to go.

gcfennell
07-28-09, 20:36
Hey guys,
It has come to my attention on a significant amount of occasions involving emails, personal messages, and forum postings that many folks think or believe that I am still associated with my old company, “MPC” as well as “Ventco Industries” or “Shooters Choice”.
This is my own attempt to clarify my (dis)association with both entities.
As for my old company that I founded along with my father in 1986, “MPC”; I was forced out in 2004 via a power grab and securities fraud, of which I was the main victim. There is more detailed accounts of this posted around the internet on various forums, but for the record, I am no longer affiliated with “MPC” in any way, shape or form nor have been since 2004.
As for my former product “Firepower FP-10 - Lubricant, Cleaner, & Preservative”; the current version that is currently available in the marketplace by “MPC” and “Shooters Choice” is in no way related to me or my current company “Steel Shield Technologies, Inc.”, and are complete formula variants to my current and superior product, “Weapon Shield - Lubricant, Cleaner, & Preservative”. This also pertains to my old grease “PL-10”, which is in no way related to my current and superior product(s) “Lithi-Shield Grease” and “Weapon Shield Grease”.
All of our products at Steel Shield Technologies, Inc., were reformulated in 2005 to reflect the advances that have been made in the areas of synthetic hydrocarbons, base additives, and corrosion prevention over the last 20 years, which is exactly how old many of the original formulas were. Like every industry and discipline, technological advancements are always taking place and become significant over time. I have always stated in my writings that keeping up with the current technology and mechanisms of operation is paramount in keeping up with reduced costs, maintenance, and the very state of the art in performance as well as ease of application and operation. This is one of my strong beliefs that continue to drive me today along with bringing you, the customer and end user the very best in products of ultimate performance and cost savings.
In the literal thousands and thousands of free samples of “Weapon Shield” that we at Steel Shield have given out in the last 2 years, everyone that we have heard back from who received one have all said the same thing; “Nothing can compare to Weapon Shield. It beats everything out there.” And the same is said by all of the folks that have used FP-10 and loved it; “Weapon Shield out-performs FP-10, hands down.”
So let me just sum up and say in conclusion, that I and my current company “Steel Shield Technologies, Inc.” as well as all of our products stand alone and on the summit of the highest quality, customer service, and technological expertise that those others can only think of having. That will always be my creed and promise to our loyal and fantastic customer base line. Thanks for allowing me to clarify this matter. Please feel free to re-post this on any other forums in its entirety and in full unabridged text.
Best regards,
George

Slater
07-28-09, 21:49
To stray a bit from the main topic: I know one guy that uses 80 weight gear oil on his 1911 rails. Claims that he wanted a lube that was thicker than regular oil but thinner than a grease.

I dunno. Sounds OK in theory, I guess. Any thoughts on gear oil as a firearms lube?

11-09-09, 21:35
80W-90 or 80W-140 (not sure if they make that, I know they make 90-140 or something like that)?

It also depends if it's GL4 or GL5. For example, my Getrag 260 specifically requires GL4 for the soft bushings, but the diff wants GL5. Some people say they are interchangable, I'm not to sure on that. I read that GL5 doesn't treat the soft metal bushings and stuff as GL4 is rated to do. Maybe I'll make a GL6 and splash it up like that Nytrillium bullet stuff ;)

I bought a 1oz tub of Weapon Shield. It looks yellow, and it also smells like butter/cinnamon/cream pudding. It also has the viscosity of refrigerated pudding. Humm...maybe after a long day at the range...at least it'll taste good...

I like it on my P228 rails. Sticks like it is supposed to, I had a real problem with CLP evaporating or otherwise disappearing after about five days. Given my aluminum frame, I am not too enthralled with that occurence, now it seems to slide easier than CLP does.

Folks, repeat after me if you're a newbie: Use grease on the pistol slide rails, particularly aluminum framed pistols. Use oil on the fire control parts and tiny things like that. And lube your AR15 BCG liberally with oil.

On my K31 7.5x55, I'm not so sure about the WS product. It seems to disappear, not like I don't like playing around with my K31 straight-pull but it does pique the mind. The K31 was designed for grease.

I'll go back after a range trip and see how much grease belongs on it. Definitely a thick coating on the top of the exposed outer carrier, likely a good coating on the cam follower too.

Detmongo
11-09-09, 21:53
i've been using it and the clp great stuff. passed it along to some of the guys down in moyock nc. the seem to like alot. i've been testing a mini14 with the gease and we are up 2k with no cleaning or adding of any additional grease since we started the test and it's prking along just fine. it's all i use.

danpass
01-04-10, 15:51
I was just about to order from the site and was wondering about the difference between:

WS-4ws

and

WS-4

just want to confirm that its strictly the spray vs dropper type containers

larry0071
01-04-10, 16:10
You are corect, spray or not spray. I would go with not spray.

gcfennell
01-04-10, 18:02
That's all the difference there is. WS refers to "With Sprayer".
I agree with Larry. The non-spray version is favored by most, including me. :)
Best regards,
George

(Happy New Year to everyone on the M4Carbine.net forum)

xamoel
12-16-10, 12:06
I hope it is appropriate to ask this question here:

I've read great things about Weapon Shield so far, but before buying it, I would like to know how it compares to the Slip2000 EWL in all aspects (CLP)?

Is both the WS grease and CLP reliable in really cold weather (it gets as low as -4°F or -20°C where I live)?

Some info on my side: I'd like to use it in my Benelli M4S90 (piston operated) shotgun, my AR15s (both piston and DI) and handguns of course.
I thought about putting the grease on the trigger group and chokes (is the grease or CLP recommended for chokes?) and the CLP in the barrel and BCG.

skyugo
12-16-10, 13:12
interesting, i may have to give this stuff a try. Is it sold retail anywhere? :confused:

Irish10
12-16-10, 14:00
I have spoken with George personally and use Weapons Shield exclusively on all of my firearms and fishing tackle. Best products on the market, bar none!!

OldGreg
12-16-10, 15:08
interesting, i may have to give this stuff a try. Is it sold retail anywhere? :confused:

MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#weaponshield____-_1-2-4_8-16-32) has the grease and liquid.

skyugo
12-16-10, 19:17
MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#weaponshield____-_1-2-4_8-16-32) has the grease and liquid.

hmm great, so now i'm gonna bundle it with some other purchases and be out like 200 bucks :p

twodogs
12-17-10, 11:06
I am a big fan of the Weapon Shield! I learned about it on another site. I am going to give the grease a try.

Keep it up George!

xamoel
12-18-10, 04:35
That's all fine, but who can compare the WS CLP directly to the Slip2000 EWL?

OldGreg
12-18-10, 12:44
You can. Let us know how it goes.

xamoel
12-18-10, 13:02
Well I would, if both products were freely available where I live, though they are not. I will have to import them, and as I don't want to pay shipping and customs twice, by first importing a tiny amount of each, and then a gallon of the better product, I'd like to know beforehand what I should buy.

But I'll probably go the Weapon Shield way, full scale, 128 oz of CLP, 1lb of grease, and both the pen and syringe, as well as a 16oz spray bottle.