PDA

View Full Version : Denny's Guns/Global-Tactical Upper

K9222
06-02-09, 19:45
I have decided against the Larue,MSTN, or PRI upper due to Denny's Guns having a 18'' Krieger barreled upper w/M4 feedramps, Super Duty BCG, and Larue rail on sale for about$1100. Any yeh's or neh's before I take the plunge. Do any of you have anything from Denny's Guns and if you do please post pics and opinions about your product.

Thomas M-4
06-02-09, 21:11
I have decided against the Larue,MSTN, or PRI upper due to Denny's Guns having a 18'' Krieger barreled upper w/M4 feedramps, Super Duty BCG, and Larue rail on sale for about$1100. Any yeh's or neh's before I take the plunge. Do any of you have anything from Denny's Guns and if you do please post pics and opinions about your product.

I have used dennys a couple of time been great every time I did buy a LMT upper with a pinned and welded saber def. A2 FH very happy with the work.
I have found that if you want to talk to him its best to call him in the morning.

Skter505
06-02-09, 21:21
I have used denny as a dealer, not a builder but have always had great service from him and would not hesitate to buy a built upper from him, I'm sure he is capable of torqueing a barrel and installing a rail, and a kreiger barrel should be a great shooter. I say if that's the setup you want go for it.

carbinero
06-03-09, 12:48
How would this compare to a Larue Stealth, Ionbonded, for a $100 more?

.45fmjoe
06-03-09, 13:00
At that price I would go with the LaRue, however you will be waiting a couple weeks for the LaRue.

K9222
06-03-09, 19:19
I talked to Denny today and he said his uppers are .5 moa or less capable, of course this is shooter ability factored in. From what i understand it will shoot as well as a Larue if not better. i ordered one and should be here in a week so I will post pics.

SkiDevil
06-03-09, 20:08
I talked to Denny today and he said his uppers are .5 moa or less capable, of course this is shooter ability factored in. From what i understand it will shoot as well as a Larue if not better. i ordered one and should be here in a week so I will post pics.

K9222,
I say BUY IT. I purchased an upper from Denny several months ago and coudn't be happier. Any claims that he makes regarding the accuracy 'YOU can take to the BANK'.

I purchased a 16" Carbine upper built with a Noveske 16" barrel, M-4 CMT receiver, Young National Match BCG, and Daniel Defense 12" DD rail, Vortex Flash Hider, and mid-length gas tube. [Lower= CMMG with RRA 2-stage NM trigger, Magpul Mil-Spec CTR, Tango Down pistol grip and furniture].

Originally, I was looking at the La Rue, But after speaking to Denny and doing a little checking myself I opted to purchase from him. In addition, the La Rue wait time was quoted to me as 6-8 weeks. I cannot even compare the CS between the two. How many people call you after you buy something to ask you if you were pleased with the product.

As others have said, Denny IS a first class act. Some other dealers/ manufactuers could take lessons from him as far as I am concerned. Global Tactical Supply would definitely be my choice. Krieger is as good as any barrel out there.

I shoot with several guys who use high-end target rifles (Custom ARs, National Match competition shooters). I let them shoot the rifle, and to say they were impressed is an understatement.

With a low powered scope at 150-200 yards I'm shooting bottles, rocks, and small dirt clods off-hand with the rifle. At 50 yds with Troy BUIS it shoots into one ragged hole (55 FMJ Generic Ball). When I get the time, I am planning on mounting a 10X scope to see just how good it will really shoot.

The Upper cost me around $1300 in total. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I planning on sending Denny a La Rue Stealth receiver to build me another. If that lets you know what I think about his work.

Good Luck,

SkiDevil:D

P.S. I am technologically challenged or I would post some pictures for you. Yes, I like metal magazines and guns and I still use a 35mm Camera. However, I managed to pick-up a digital camera 4 months ago, but I haven't had time to figure it-out. When I do I will post some pics.

K9222
06-03-09, 20:28
I appreciate it man. I'm pretty excited about getting it. It's going on a LMT or Noveske lower with some kind of match trigger and is going to have a NF 3.5-15 on it as well. Also got about 700 rounds of 77 grain so it should be a tackdriver. I have read some on the Krieger barrels before ordering and I had always heard they were top notch. I m not too keen on the 13.2" Larue rail thats coming on it so Ill probably sale/trade it for a 12'' Larue rail system or a DD liet 12'' rail. I asked about switching them out before purchasing but Denny said they were already assembled. Oh well, at least i don't have to wait forever to get my upper.

SkiDevil
06-03-09, 21:35
I appreciate it man. I'm pretty excited about getting it. It's going on a LMT or Noveske lower with some kind of match trigger and is going to have a NF 3.5-15 on it as well. Also got about 700 rounds of 77 grain so it should be a tackdriver. I have read some on the Krieger barrels before ordering and I had always heard they were top notch. I m not too keen on the 13.2" Larue rail thats coming on it so Ill probably sale/trade it for a 12'' Larue rail system or a DD liet 12'' rail. I asked about switching them out before purchasing but Denny said they were already assembled. Oh well, at least i don't have to wait forever to get my upper.

No Problem.
I read the specs for the 18" barreled Krieger Upper and was talking to Denny about it two weeks ago. I was tempted to order one myself.

From the description of the build your planning. It sounds like it will shoot really well. The RRA 2-stage is a nice compromise for a double-duty rifle. But, for a straight target/ SPR type rifle check-out the Gisselle. Very Nice.

As for the La Rue Rail. Give it a try. You may end-up liking it.
But if you decide it is not for you, the Daniel Defense DD 12.0 is really light and solid. The more I keep purchasing DD products, the more I am liking them. Lightweight, durable, and well-made. I am beginning to use DD products on all my rifles.

Let us know how your rifle shoots. I hope that you are happy with it. When I ordered my upper it arrived in 4 days. So, If you are on the West Coast you won't be waiting too long.

SkiDevil:cool:

K9222
06-03-09, 22:44
I'm on the East coast in NC but it still should not be long. It will ship with in 48 hours from what the website says. I got a single stage Chip McCormick thats in my SBR that I will probably put in the SPR. Its nice and crisp at 3.5lbs. No take up or overtravel. Ill post pictures asap but it will still be a few weeks before I get it all put together.