PDA

View Full Version : LMT Semi BCG's

JackOSU
06-03-09, 15:03
are up at Rainer's website.

Not sure if I should pull the trigger or wait for the full version???

Decisions decisions....

grimm
06-03-09, 15:11
are up at Rainer's website.

Not sure if I should pull the trigger or wait for the full version???

Decisions decisions....

I think the bcg rush is coming to an end as well. I'm seeing more and more dealers having it in stock, just like the used to be elusive pmags.

.45fmjoe
06-03-09, 15:53
Personally I only use F/A BCGs, no reason not to.

Cameron
06-03-09, 16:29
I think the bcg rush is coming to an end as well. I'm seeing more and more dealers having it in stock, just like the used to be elusive pmags.

Which dealer where??

I just want 1 LMT FA BCG.

Cameron

redyak3
06-03-09, 17:00
F/A BCG as in M16 BCG?
If so, I got one coming in from G&R Tactical, and just got in on the LMT S/A from Ranier. That stock didn't last long, went out for @ 45 minutes and they were gone.
I wonder if I'll be able to tell a big difference in function or reliability between the two, can anyone elaborate?

DRich
06-03-09, 21:11
I wonder if I'll be able to tell a big difference in function or reliability between the two, can anyone elaborate?

The extra mass of the FA carrier allows the bolt to stay locked up a bit longer and supposedly aids extraction, thereby increasing reliability. I have a mixture of semi-auto and full-auto carriers in my rifles/carbines and I can't tell the difference unless I shoot them back-to-back and pay attention to the recoil impulse. Reliability has been the same regardless of the carrier type and I go through several high round count classes a year with them.

When I buy a new BCG, I typically buy FA carriers from BCM, LMT or Colt. However, I would feel just as confident using a semi-auto BCG from either of those companies if my life depended on it.

grimm
06-03-09, 21:46
Which dealer where??

I just want 1 LMT FA BCG.

Cameron

BCM BCGs has been in stock since this afternoon...eastern time.

redyak3
06-04-09, 00:48
The extra mass of the FA carrier allows the bolt to stay locked up a bit longer and supposedly aids extraction, thereby increasing reliability. I have a mixture of semi-auto and full-auto carriers in my rifles/carbines and I can't tell the difference unless I shoot them back-to-back and pay attention to the recoil impulse. Reliability has been the same regardless of the carrier type and I go through several high round count classes a year with them.

When I buy a new BCG, I typically buy FA carriers from BCM, LMT or Colt. However, I would feel just as confident using a semi-auto BCG from either of those companies if my life depended on it.

Thanks for the info, eases my mind...

bkb0000
06-04-09, 00:55
Personally I only use F/A BCGs, no reason not to.

i can think of a really relevant reason, right smack off the top of mine head: CANT FIND EM

i only use 16's also, but i stocked up for current builds before the obamanation. i actually even sold a couple, in a moment of selfless compassion.

these days, i'd probably snag a 15, just as a temporary, if i needed one.

Going4Broke
06-04-09, 01:09

Exactly. The hype to have to have a FA BCG because it is better is a bunch of BS. I think most of it is all in peoples heads and makes them feel better if they have an m16 bcg.