PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Answer This

bobby.lamberth
06-03-09, 19:04
I Know You Need A Certain Form To Purchase Medical Supplies At A Civilian Supplier, Will A Military CLS, TC3, CLC-06 Certificate Suffice To Purchase Medical Supplies?
Any Help Would Be Apprecitated, Our Supply Section Sucks A Big One And Can't Fund Ordering Medical Supplies, But My Section Has A Fund We Can Use And I Have Been Approved To Order Said Supplies For Training Use
Thanks In Advance

DRich
06-03-09, 22:33
I Know You Need A Certain Form To Purchase Medical Supplies At A Civilian Supplier, Will A Military CLS, TC3, CLC-06 Certificate Suffice To Purchase Medical Supplies?
Any Help Would Be Apprecitated, Our Supply Section Sucks A Big One And Can't Fund Ordering Medical Supplies, But My Section Has A Fund We Can Use And I Have Been Approved To Order Said Supplies For Training Use
Thanks In Advance

I've never needed nor been asked for any forms when buying supplies. I'm a certified EMT-P, but none of the suppliers know that. I just walk in and buy what I want...other than restricted pharmaceuticals, of course.

What supplies do you need to purchase?

FMF_Doc
06-05-09, 11:33
I have never been asked for any credentials for buying supplies- I don't want narcotics, or anesthetics so I keep basic first aid gear, I do have intubation and suture kits as well though.

I've never tried to purchase IV Fluids (NS or LR) so I don't know about those, but everything else I have always been able to stock my aid bags when I needed to.

I have been off AD for 11 years, but just left the Guard last year.

I let my NREMT-P and state EMT-P go in 2005 and am not currently certified, I continued to work in my MOS but other than military medicine I didn't do anything outside of that. Now I just maintain my bags and stuff because the nearest EMS response to my house is 30-45 minutes away.

bobby.lamberth
06-07-09, 00:45
well right after I posted this thread I found out that I could use the certificate I have for IV supplies, needles that kind of stuff sorry if I wasted anyones time, but thank you

ST911
06-07-09, 11:01
Some supplies will be regulated by DEA, FDA, etc, and associated regulatory processes. Manufacturer and vendor policies will vary.

Unless there's specific statute or regulation for a given widget, having any reasonably legitimate looking credential available upon demand when purchasing is prudent. Speaking well, acting professionally, knowing what you're after, and calling it by its proper name help in establishing legitimacy of your purchase as well.

Vendor familiarity with .mil creds will also vary, often amusingly. Be prepared to associate it with civilian creds.

I've been surprised by what I've been able to buy without a stitch of paper or explanation, and the hoops I've had to jump through to buy other unregulated widgets. So, YMMV.

RESQDOC
06-17-09, 08:47
Many items are 'dispense by physician prescription only.' IV fluids being an example. Suppliers vary in what they interpret as meeting this regulation.