PDA

View Full Version : Intercepter vest legal ???

odiesplace
06-03-09, 20:42
I live in the Pacific Northwest and there are alot of guys with Interceper vests and plates for sale. I was told that civs cannot legally own these. Is that true?? If I've missed this info in another section, sorry I'm kinda computer retarded and may have missed it. This is a great site and I have learned alot here
Thanks

NCPatrolAR
06-03-09, 21:45
I believe there is a non-mil source for these now. However, I would make sure that the one you are buying isnt stolen military property from somewhere like Ft Lewis.

I recovered an Interceptor off a street thug last year, but didnt charge him with anything.

odiesplace
06-03-09, 21:51
I dont want one, did my time with one, I was just wondering, see them on some of the firearms classified sites out here. I thought they were LE/Mil use only.. Thanks for the info

PlatoCATM
06-03-09, 21:56
don't buy used plates without x-raying them first. any rough treatment can potentially compromise the structural integrity of the plate.

KellyTTE
06-03-09, 23:39
I had a Air Force officer tell me that the kit issued to the NCOs and lower was 'theirs' when they ETS and that the AF didn't ask for ANYTHING back, including armor. This guy is very plugged in, so I had no reason to question him. Anyone else heard this?

bkb0000
06-04-09, 03:22
a lot of shit was "mine" when i left the army, but that don't mean its official policy

PlatoCATM
06-04-09, 08:42
Maybe that was an unofficial unit practice, but it is far from policy. Interceptors, second chance vests, mich helmets...all accountable items in my unit. The only time accountability is overlooked is if that particular item is being phased out of inventory. This differs with personal wear items like boots and BDU's/ABU's that should be thoroughly disinfected for another's use--it doesn't matter if you've worn them or not, they aren't turned in as accountable items.

Iraqgunz
06-05-09, 19:49
I believe that some states do not allow persons to buy or own body armor and such. I used to live in WA and I don't remember any restrictions per se. I agree that I would be very leary of buying used ceramic plates and potentially purchasing something that may be stolen military property.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and there are alot of guys with Interceper vests and plates for sale. I was told that civs cannot legally own these. Is that true?? If I've missed this info in another section, sorry I'm kinda computer retarded and may have missed it. This is a great site and I have learned alot here
Thanks

odiesplace
06-05-09, 20:16
That was kind of my thinking, I live in Oregon in a small farming community, the only time I need a bullet proof vest is when the people from town are hunting out here.