PDA

View Full Version : ADM Mount and Vehicle Crash

Blue
06-05-09, 08:50
I was recently involved in a vehicle accident in my 08 Ford Expedition. The entire driver side of work truck was smashed in (young man with no insurance made an improper turn). After getting all of my gear from the truck I noticed that my M4 had several new scratches and scuffs on it. I decided that I had to go to our range and see if the zero on my rifle had changed. I was surprised to find that the zero had not changed and the mount had held.

I wanted to give the guys at ADM a big thanks for making a good product.

Derek_Connor
06-05-09, 08:57
I was recently involved in a vehicle accident in my 08 Ford Expedition. The entire driver side of work truck was smashed in (young man with no insurance made an improper turn). After getting all of my gear from the truck I noticed that my M4 had several new scratches and scuffs on it. I decided that I had to go to our range and see if the zero on my rifle had changed. I was surprised to find that the zero had not changed and the mount had held.

I wanted to give the guys at ADM a big thanks for making a good product.

glad to hear you are ok.

Where was your rifle when you were hit?

rat31465
06-05-09, 08:58
Sorry to hear about the crash...too bad about the other driver being uninsured. Glad you were able to walk away from it.

Blue
06-05-09, 09:14
Sorry for leaving those details out. All of my gear was secured in a trunk vault.

CCK
06-05-09, 09:32
glad to hear you are ok.

Where was your rifle when you were hit?

No doubt locked up as a responsible member of society would have it, but the urge to point it at the not responsible member of society (uninsured driver) must have been huge!!

CK

Derek_Connor
06-05-09, 09:47
No doubt locked up as a responsible member of society would have it, but the urge to point it at the not responsible member of society (uninsured driver) must have been huge!!

CK

CK - sorry if I came across the wrong way

I was actually curious to see how much impact the rifle took. For instance if it was in a bag laying in the back seat, or in front seat next to the impact, or in a vault in the trunk etc...

Blue
06-05-09, 09:53
Derek, no offense taken. I left the details out. The impact was hard enough to lift the trunk vault off of one of the bolts that secures the vault to the floor of the vehicle.

SeriousStudent
06-05-09, 16:24
Glad to hear both you and your rifle are okay. I hope that all goes well with the insurance and repairs.

That's good news about the ADM mounts. I just got a pair of them in the mail today from Grant.

Stickman
06-07-09, 11:46
Sorry to hear about the damage, but glad to hear you are ok. I'm not surprised with the ADM mounts, they have held up very well for me.

bkb0000
06-07-09, 12:52
when my last policy expired i shopped around.. geico was not only the cheapest for the most insurance, but uninsured-driver protection was only $5 a month extra. really good to have- get you some if you didn't already have it.

CCK
06-08-09, 08:26
when my last policy expired i shopped around.. geico was not only the cheapest for the most insurance, but uninsured-driver protection was only $5 a month extra. really good to have- get you some if you didn't already have it.

In AZ that coverage is substantially more. Any guesses why?

CK

bkb0000
06-08-09, 11:48

CK

not sure, but i'd guess it all comes back to tweekers. love those guys.

esskay
06-08-09, 14:37

CK

Those insurance companies have folks crunching numbers in a windowless room somewhere, calculating rates & potential payouts/etc down to the zip code. Your profile shows Phoenix, the other fellow Oregon (not sure which city)... so I'd imagine that the insurance companies have calculated the odds of having to pay out on uninsured drivers in a larger city like Phoenix with the type of drivers/etc there are higher than where bkb is... If you checked rates in more rural areas of AZ away from the big cities I bet those would be substantially lower too!