LMS Defense http://lmsdefense.com/lms/

Carbine 1

Dates: September 26 - 27, 2009

Instructors: John Chapman and Kevin Williams

Price:

- Pueblo West Sportsman's Association range Members = $400.00

- Non-PWSA Members $400.00 + ($25 per day) range fee = $450.00

http://lmsdefense.com/sideimages/42Carbine%201%20pic.JPG

The LMS Defense's Carbine I course will teach marksmanship fundamentals, combat stress management, rifle zero, rifle manipulation, movement, use of cover, fighting from unusual positions, ground gun fighting, an introduction to team tactics, gear selection and on going self-training tools. This fast paced, challenging course will enable you to intelligently integrate the rifle into your arsenal of options; helping you remain the Last Man Standing.

Duration: 2 days

Prerequisites: None.

Equipment Needed:

-Carbine and 4 magazines

-1000 rounds of rifle ammunition

-Sling

-Handgun and 3 magazines

-300 rounds of handgun ammunition

-Holster and magazine pouches

-Cover garment if you regularly carry your weapon concealed

-Pen and notebook

-Hat or other head covering

-Gloves

-Knee and elbow pads

-Eye and ear protection

-Sunscreen or raingear (as applicable)

-Adequate personal water supply

-Sack lunch and snack food (We do not leave the range for lunch)

-Recommended: Please bring the gear you will have with your rifle in a fight, ie: tactical vest, duty belt, bug out rig, patrol rifle bag, etc.

Register for this course:
http://lmsdefense.com/lms/home/register/268

To register follow the links above or contact LMS Defense:
http://lmsdefense.com/lms/home/contactus

For local information about the class feel free to contact Jeff at Carpenter0311@msn.com (ZERO before the 311@msn.com, not the letter "o")

S/F,
Jeff

USMC03
06-29-09, 09:46
Motels in Pueblo West (15 - 20 minute driving time to the range)

-Comfort Inn of Pueblo West (719) 547-9400 (77 South Radnor Dr. Pueblo West, CO. 81007)

Motels in the city of Pueblo (15 - 20 minutes driving time to the range....the following hotels are located close to I-25 & Exit #102....6 miles south of the exit to the range)

-Best Western Eagleridge Inn & Suites (719) 543-4644 (4727 N Elizabeth Street Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-Comfort Inn Pueblo (719) 542-6868 (4645 N. Freeway Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-La Quinta Inn (719) 542-3500 (4801 North Elizabeth St. Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-Ramada Inn (719) 544-6526 (4703 North Freeway Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-Sleep Inn (719) 583-4000 (3626 North Freeway Pueblo, CO. 81008)

-Wingate By Wyndham (719) 586-9000 (4711 North Elizabeth Pueblo, CO. 81008)

**The motels in the city of Pueblo are 40 - 45 minute drive time from the Colorado Springs airport**

**DIRECTIONS TO THE RANGE**:

From the city of Pueblo
- North bound on I-25 to Exit #108
- Exit on #108, at the end of the off ramp take a left onto Purcell (go through the tunnel under I-25)
- Travel 4.2 miles on Purcell to Platteville Rd and turn right onto Platteville Rd. (Platville Rd. loops around and connects with Purcell in 2 places, so watch your odometer and make sure you take the correct Platville Rd)
- Travel 2.4 miles on Platteville Rd to Cashmire Ave (when Platteville road turns from a dirt road to an asphault road, you have less than a half mile until you are at Cashmire Ave)
- Turn Right on Cashmere Ave and take the second road (Loma Drive) and turn left. Loma Drive dead ends into the range approximately 2 blocks from Cashmere.

Coming from Colorado Springs
- South bound on I-25 to Exit #108
- Exit on #108, at the end of the off ramp take a right onto Purcell
- Travel 4.2 miles on Purcell to Platteville Rd and turn right onto Platteville Rd. (Platville Rd. loops around and connects with Purcell in 2 places, so watch your odometer and make sure you take the correct Platville Rd)
- Travel 2.4 miles on Platteville Rd to Cashmire Ave (when Platteville road turns from a dirt road to an asphalt road, you have less than a half mile until you are at Cashmire Ave)
- Turn Right on Cashmere ave and take the second road (Loma Drive) and turn left. Loma Drive dead ends into the range approximately 2 blocks from Cashmire.

Coming from the The Inn or Comfort Inn in Pueblo West
- Take McCulloch north of Highway 50 west and follow it until it dead ends into Platteville Rd.
- Turn Left (West) onto Platteville Blvd and travel to Gantts Fort
- Turn Right (North) onto Gantts Fort and travel 2.4 miles to Platteville Rd. (Platteville Rd makes a large loop through Pueblo West)
- Turn Left (West) onto Platteville Rd and travel .3 (3/10) mile to Cashmere Ave
- Turn Right on Cashmere Ave and take the second road (Loma Drive) and turn left. Loma Drive dead ends into the range approximately 2 blocks from Cashmire.

FYI

Full auto firing is *not* permitted at the range.

Tracers and armor piercing ammo is *not* permitted at the range.

No firing on the range until after 8am due to a county noise ordinance and no night shooting (cease fire is 30 minutes prior to sunset).

Thanks,

Jeff (host)

carpenter0311@msn.com

USMC03
07-24-09, 15:34
BTT

S/F,
Jeff

Rated21R
07-25-09, 01:10
Dang, I am just going to miss out on this one. Hopefully I can catch something else.

MaceWindu
08-02-09, 13:21
LMS Pistol training...I highly recommend it. Very professional company and group of instructors with real world experience. Here is on of my AAR's from Pistol I.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/MaceWindu/LMSPistol1Nov2008047.jpg

Day 1:

Everyone showed up on time and we started promptly at the posted time.

In the classroom:

Ken started out with some no-non sense range rules, SAFETY first.

*Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire.
*Know your target and whats beyond it.
*All firearms are loaded, ALL the time.
*Keep your firearm pointed in a SAFE direction, unless engaging a target.

Easy, repeatable, BUT NECESSARY everytime you hit the range.

We talked about the importance of mindset, movement, weapons handling, the "startle reflex" (good one here, I have not discussed this in a while.)

Ken is a NO-BS, let get down to brass tacks type of instructor. We took care of the administrative parts of the class up front and were lucky enough to have a Navy-Corpsman and EMT in the class when talking about our "medical evac plan", which was emphasized that we WOULD NOT NEED because everyone would comply with the range/ safety rules.

All but (2) out of 8 shooters ran a Glock variant of some sort. Me, a G17, BlladeTech Holster and Blade-Tech dual mag pouch, my VOK kit, and dump pouch.

(Tomorrow I will be running my trusty Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911 )

To the range:

One thing I particularly enjoyed was the pace of the class, not to slow and not to fast. I usually shoot atleast every week to 10 days, but since my martial arts has been eating up my time, its been about 2 solid months. Good to get out and get some training time.

IT WAS HOT... High 90's

We started out with the fundamentals of grip, presentation, trigger squeeze and follow through. Essentials to good marksmanship that never get old. Ken took the time to square away the guys that were a bit behind the curve and I solicited his advice on pulling my shots a bit. My groups were tight, even @ 15 yards, but not WHERE I wanted them to go.

This skill is perishable! Train, train, train....dry fire, practice...

It was HOT! It had to get to atleast 100 degrees. Handling that polymer with sweaty hands can be a trying task. We took breaks to continually hydrate and top off mags...necessary on a smoking day like this...

I have been to several training classes and it's always a bonus to shoot next to a squared away dude. "Doc", the Navy-Corpsman, and I hit it off right away with coms. He was squared away from the start with providing cover when I was loading and checking six after a string of fire. Damn good shooter too. We are lucky that men of his caliber are going into harms way so that we may sleep comfortably in our beds at night knowing that he is standing watch and patching our boys back together. I thank you Sir.

Day 2:

I decided to run my Les Baer TRS 1911...I am a Glock man, but that TRS just lays in your hands.

I had a Blade Tech OWB holster and (2) single Com-Tac mag holders....I also ran Chip McCormick 10-round, Les Baer 8 - round and Wilson Combat 8 - round magazines. All performed well.

Another instructor showed up today as well as Ken, because of Persec, I will refer to him as Mr.T... These two complimented each other VERY well as Ken handled marksmanship and Mr. T, emphasized tactics.

One key attribute that they both shared, was a noticeable level of professionalism...these guys know their craft ,and they know it well. All key points were smoothly delivered with key points clearly pointed out. The lecture today was headed by Mr. T, with follow up by Ken. The use of deadly force, the law regarding deadly force, disparity of force, CPC regarding deadly force...necessary stuff if you take your traing seriously.

We started the day shooting dots, the tiny dots Well, the Les Baer is a BEAST, this well crafted piece of steel damn near shoots itself. It's pricey and purdy, but it performs.

We shot kneeling: two knees, one knee, dominant knee, non-dominant knee. Prone, supine, roll over prone...but, it was always emphasized: No matter what your position, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger squeeze = HITS.

Additionally, personally, I do not shoot beyond about 15 yards with a handgun. But the principles of marksmanship apply, no matter what the distance. I saw a marked improvement in my 20 and 25 yard shooting. Ken is right...it's all in your head.

To finish up we shot the qualification course to end the class. Dooly, and Anthony shot great. Doc, was right up there. Fong did well for his first course...

I am pleased with this training company and I will be back for more, for sure.

Mace

USMC03
08-15-09, 12:33
Change of plans.

The pistol class has been canceled.

The new dates for the carbine course are Sept 26 - 27 (Sat & Sun).

S/F,
Jeff

USMC03
08-28-09, 15:04
Less than a month to go.

USMC03
09-01-09, 13:42
On a side note, John Chapman (CEO of LMS Defense) wrote the following:

Active duty Police and Military contact me for your 25% discount.

John Chapman
http://www.LMSDefense.com

USMC03
09-09-09, 14:03
Received the following info from a member on another board:

"The WalMart in Falcon CO (east of Colorado Springs on Hwy 24) has 500 Federal 100rd bulk pack .223 55gr in stock if anyone is looking for ammo for the class."

USMC03
09-14-09, 10:31
A student had his 5.56mm ammo shipped to my residence and had to back out of this class due to work.

I have the ammo and can bring it to class, if anyone is interested. Contact Mick and make arrangements.

For Sale: 1 case of
5.56 American Tactical Imports SS-109 62gr. Penetrator (990 Rounds Total)

This is 5.56 ammunition, not .223.

American Tactical Imports 5.56 Mil-Spec SS-109 62gr. Penetrator Ammo. This ammo is manufactured by MKE in Turkey. MKE is a state of the art ammunition factory, that is NATO approved. They provide ammuntion to the turkish military and exports ammunition to over 40 other countries for military use. This ammo is approved by the U.S. Department of Defense as an excepted ammunition for our military. This ammo is brass cased, boxer primed and non-corrosive. This ammo has a sealed primer and an annealed case neck to meet NATO spec's. This is excellent ammo and each lot is tested at the factory to meet a less than 1" MOA at 100 yards. This ammo is packed in 30rd. boxes, 990rds. per case.

Link to ammo:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/pName/990rds-556-american-tactical-imports-ss109-62gr-penetrator

Retail Price: $399.99

Selling Price: $325

Contact Info:
Mick at mb561612@wcupa.edu