PDA

View Full Version : College World Series

Cohibra45
06-09-09, 06:44
Anyone else here watching these guys play ball??? I really like their enthusiasm and heart. They play for the school and love of the game, not some million dollar contract. Sure a few will get up to the majors, but the majority will go on to other careers.

Go Heels!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Mjolnir
06-09-09, 10:59
GEAUX TIGERS!!

chuckles
06-09-09, 11:53
Anyone else here watching these guys play ball??? I really like their enthusiasm and heart. They play for the school and love of the game, not some million dollar contract. Sure a few will get up to the majors, but the majority will go on to other careers.

Go Heels!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I think it is all about the million dollar contract that awaits the performers. As nice as it would seem to not have the money be the motivation, it surely is a bigger part of it than is the old school spirit. Same with all college sports. Everybody is out for the pro contract. ymmv and jmho

Cohibra45
06-09-09, 14:50
I think it is all about the million dollar contract that awaits the performers. As nice as it would seem to not have the money be the motivation, it surely is a bigger part of it than is the old school spirit. Same with all college sports. Everybody is out for the pro contract. ymmv and jmho

Really only a very small percentage of college athletes make it to any major league sports venue. Most just go on to other careers. Like I tell my son, the colleges have the best picks of all the high schools......so too does the major league teams have the pick of the best of all the colleges. Very limited amount of MLB teams. Even if they do get signed contracts, most spend a very big part of the time in the minors and those guys have to take second jobs to make ends meet!!!

So, yes there is a lot more 'school spirit' out there in the collegiate sports!!!

JHC
06-11-09, 18:51
Oh once you get into the competition on your school team it's good ole fashioned pure competition. I lot of these kids, a lot, have passed on being drafted by MLB to play in college. College world series is AWESOME baseball. But . . . you have to be able to appreciate baseball. I do.

jwinch2
06-11-09, 19:05
GEAUX TIGERS!!
Damn Right! Alex Box north, here we come...

Infidel1975
06-11-09, 20:50
LSU :D:D:D:D GEAUX TIGERS INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

parishioner
06-12-09, 00:15
Im a long time LSU fan(I actually played with Ryan Schimpf in high school) but I attend Sothern Miss. Ill cheer for both but if its LSU vs USM in the final, im going to have to pull for the eagles.

Cohibra45
06-12-09, 07:02
I would have thought that a lot more Texas boys would be in here talking about those 'horns'!!!

I'm a born and raised Carolina boy and proud of it.

Go HEELS!!!