PDA

View Full Version : Magpul PTS

lanceriley
06-10-09, 06:12
Somebody was trying to sell me a Magpul CTR, Magpul MOE Handguard and it has a PTS marking. what is this?? Airsoft? Is magpul making stuffs for airsoft?

I could not tell ... the material was very very similar to mine.

can magpul rep shed some light on this one?

Byron
06-10-09, 06:18
PTS is Airsoft gear and is not made of the same materials.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28397

Those are the PTS versions guys.

They are NOT the same as the real thing.

The Airsoft ones are constructed in the same manner but are made out of off the shelf polymer.

The real deal ones are made out of recycled beard hair from Costas face and a drop or two of Haleys perspiration hence their indestructible nature.

The official Magpul MBUS's are made in America.

The PTS stuff is marketed to a different crowd and is made in Hong Kong.

Frens
06-10-09, 06:21
yep those are for airsoft

http://www.magpul-pts.com/

btw, I got some "real" ranger plates and some PTS ones for my Pmags....I really cant tell the difference :eek:
maybe the polymer is different...I dont know...

lanceriley
06-10-09, 06:28
that's what im afraid of.

are all airsoft magpul stuff marked pts? I don't wana be conned.

Frens
06-10-09, 06:32
my ranger plates are not market pts...maybe for such a small item they use "real" stuff.
the package is different btw

lanceriley
06-10-09, 07:05
my ranger plates are not market pts...maybe for such a small item they use "real" stuff.
the package is different btw

I assume that the magpul rubber for the mags, ranger plates and rail covers. they use the real stuff. too much production cost to make another one.

lanceriley
06-10-09, 07:06
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/chadlionheart/Kevin%20Cortes%20M4/0609200912057.jpg

the hand guard... its PTS.. so airsoft.

RichFitz
06-10-09, 22:58
The PTS brand are Magpul licensed airsoft products made in Hong Kong and marked as such. PTS items use generic polymer and not PMag type resin that the US items are made of. Other hardware is probably different in terms of coatings and such.

As such PTS items should only be used on Airsoft guns.

lanceriley
06-10-09, 23:03
well... this guy is using it in real firearms. even the front and rear mbus sight is pts.

any drawback? breakage? any experience?

Col_Crocs
06-10-09, 23:43
Bad idea. I heard of one incident where a guy's PTS stock released and I think jumped a couple of positions forward, if not all the way in, while firing.
As for airsoft sights, they'll move off zero eventually plus the screws on them have a tendency to come loose.

BTW, isnt that vert grip for airsoft as well??

lanceriley
06-10-09, 23:49
thanks for the input col crocs. Im not using PTS. but there are a few of my friends who wants to use them. "wants" since they haven't bought it yet. Already told them that toys aren't for real firearms.

can you tell if the vert grip is airsoft? how can you tell? maybe you have the real packaging of the real tango down. The pin that holds the lever fell off! I thought it was very strange. didn't buy it. I do have a thread about that...

Id really love to hear you confirm if it's really airsoft.

Magsz
06-10-09, 23:55
yep those are for airsoft

http://www.magpul-pts.com/

btw, I got some "real" ranger plates and some PTS ones for my Pmags....I really cant tell the difference :eek:
maybe the polymer is different...I dont know...

To put your mind at ease, im not sure if there is a difference in the PTS ranger plates for the pmags.

The plates that most US Airsoft distributors are receiving are coming from official Magpul Dealers which means they're not distributing a product from Hong Kong.

I mark all of my Magpul Rangerplates that i sell as PTS regardless since its not fair to leave the end user guessing.

Let me know if that made sense.

Also, the quality difference between the real Tangodown product and the chinese made version is Night and Freaking Day. I capitalized those words for emphasis. The chinese version feels like a lump of shit in your hands compared to the real thing.

One more thing. That PTS handguard seriously needs to come off of that carbine. It is NOT made to withstand the heat of a barrel. Heck, you would think your buddy would have figured it out after his hand started to roast eh?

lanceriley
06-11-09, 00:11
well.. that's just it my buddy just zeroed it. doesn't really get that hot. secondly... I duno if he knows. :( that's why i did the research first. coz there are other buddies that are considering buying from this smithy. ... and I doubt this smithy knows too. magpul stuffs are very hard to come by in this part of the world.

well... there's a rifle match comming up... I think he's going to roast :D

problem is... I haven't really seen a real tango down grip :o although I really love to have one. what I have now is a Larue FUG and it's not even mine.... just borrowed it. how can you compare the Larue FUG and Tango Down?

there are probably some stuffs like the ranger plates that airsoft didn't make. too small and too cheap to replicate ... and airsoft people always love to put real stuffs in thier airsoft guns

ron_m4
06-11-09, 05:57
those damn plastic airsoft shit just don't fit with real steel.

unavailability of real carbine accessories here is one factor that real m4 fanatic just opt to use those plastic parts just to achieve the desired looks. That's too painful to hear....

Better sport the classic rather than achieving the sexy m4 look with just plastic around it.

since PTS are made exclusively for toys then better tell your friends to buy toy gun and not real steel.

thanks for the query sir lance.