PDA

View Full Version : Tangodown QD VFG

lanceriley
06-10-09, 06:33
Anybody has a Tangodown QD VFG?

Any pix? saw one today. coudn't tell what was wrong with it. but there was a small thingy that you have to press so you can release the QD lever. is this right?

I had a feeling that this is an airsoft.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/chadlionheart/Kevin%20Cortes%20M4/0609200912057.jpg

Byron
06-10-09, 06:40
http://tangodown.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=101

The BGV-QD series features an ADM U.S. Patent Pending throw lever system that is steps above anything else available to operators. First, the throw lever locks in place when installed, and cannot be inadvertently unlocked, if caught on web gear, slings, etc. A simple push button releases the throw lever from the locked position allowing lightning fast attachment or removal when you decide.

Edited to add that there is also the Staff posting right here on this site's main page:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18457

lanceriley
06-10-09, 07:07
thanks sir..

handyandy
06-11-09, 08:18
Anybody has a Tangodown QD VFG?

Any pix? saw one today. coudn't tell what was wrong with it. but there was a small thingy that you have to press so you can release the QD lever. is this right?

What made you think there was anything wrong with it? I have several and I really like them.

C4IGrant
06-11-09, 09:38
There is nothing "wrong" with the TD QD VG and features one of the BEST levers on the market.

C4

Iraqgunz
06-11-09, 10:01
I've got like 3 of them and they are probably one of the top VFG's on the market.

lanceriley
06-11-09, 10:28
I had reason to believe that it's an airsoft. is the packaging right?
the lock mechanism pin fell off

C4IGrant
06-11-09, 10:35
I had reason to believe that it's an airsoft. is the packaging right?

Packaging looks good. What did you pay for it?? Did you buy from an authorized dealer or off of EGAY?

What is the "locking mechanism pin?"

C4

lanceriley
06-11-09, 10:52
the handle of the QD pivots around a pin. this pin fell off that easily. maybe you have a picture of a TD? Im really not sure if this is a real thing. after the pin and the release botton fell off. turned me off. what's the finish of the QD part? annodized? hard annodized?

C4IGrant
06-11-09, 10:59
the handle of the QD pivots around a pin. this pin fell off that easily. maybe you have a picture of a TD? Im really not sure if this is a real thing. after the pin and the release botton fell off. turned me off. what's the finish of the QD part? annodized? hard annodized?

Gotcha. I own a TD VG (with QD Lever).

Remember that if something is made by man, it can fail. I have had parts fail, break or just not work at ALL from the most "respected" manufacuteres (Colt, LaRue, HK, SureFire, etc).

The lever is HA.

Did you contact Tango Down for a replacement??

C4

lanceriley
06-11-09, 11:09
nope... i didn't buy it. was just browsing in a gunstore. I really do want the Tangodown but... after seeing what happened. i felt that it was too easily "disabled" I hope it was a replica and not the real thing.. coz I love what i've read with tangodown.

I live in the Philippines by the way.... we have to be careful when buying gun stuff. a lot of the airsoft junk somehow penetrated the gun industry... and some people just gobble it up knowing they're airsoft.

C4IGrant
06-11-09, 11:11
nope... i didn't buy it. was just browsing in a gunstore. I really do want the Tangodown but... after seeing what happened. i felt that it was too easily "disabled" I hope it was a replica and not the real thing.. coz I love what i've read with tangodown.

This would be incorrect. I have never seen what you are talking about happen. So no, it cannot become "easily disabled."

C4

bkb0000
06-11-09, 13:39
i'm not a fan of quick detach, myself.. i've never had to get something off my gun real fast, and the potential for accidentally throwing the lever exists.

C4IGrant
06-11-09, 13:43
i'm not a fan of quick detach, myself.. i've never had to get something off my gun real fast, and the potential for accidentally throwing the lever exists.

People will have more than one AR and buy just one grip and move it around.

With the ADM locking mechanism, the lever is NOT going to come open.

C4

ron_m4
06-12-09, 04:48
This would be incorrect. I have never seen what you are talking about happen. So no, it cannot become "easily disabled."

C4

i think sir lance just want to verify the authenticity of the TD VG that he saw from a shop.

Main concern here is how to authenticate if its airsoft or the real one for real steel.:D

militarymoron
06-12-09, 09:33

can you be more specific? did the pivot pin holding the lever to the cross bolt come off, the roll pin on the lock button, or did the whole lever detach from the grip, due to the screw backing off?
you can disassemble the locking lever mechanism, remove the lever and pin, and turn it around to face the front or rear. if the screw is backed off all the way, the lever will obviously 'fall off'.

DRich
06-12-09, 10:41
I love the front sight configuration on the rifle in that first picture.

I can't stop laughing... :D

lanceriley
06-12-09, 11:33
pivot pin holding the lever. and at the same time the lock botton came off. that's why I was asking for a picture. anybody have a picture?

Byron
06-12-09, 12:36
There are three large pictures in the link I gave you above. What do you need a picture of that isn't covered in those pictures?
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18457

I have a few QD TD VFGs and like the others here, have never had any problems and find them to be excellent.

militarymoron
06-12-09, 13:37
pivot pin holding the lever. and at the same time the lock botton came off. that's why I was asking for a picture. anybody have a picture?

go back to the shop and take a picture of the grip with the pieces that fell off easily.

MisterWilson
06-12-09, 14:02

It sounds like the nut that screws into the crossbar backed off.

I think that they've since been been flaring the crossbolt in the nut so that you can't back it off and lose it like a moron.

Even with an older one, unless you're fond un unscrewing things, it shouldn't be an issue.

steve-oh
06-12-09, 15:33
It could be airsoft, the PTS handguards are definately airsoft... so it wouldn't surprise me that other things bought there are as well.

lanceriley
06-12-09, 18:50
it's the pin that holds the release botton that came off