PDA

View Full Version : Visit to the Local Gun Shop

JB2000
06-10-09, 18:07
Stopped by the local shop yesterday and was impressed with the selection. There was a SIG 556 and 556 pistol on the wall and AR's from every manufacturer from Olympic through Colt.

The most interesting were an S&W M&P 15 in all FDE MOE furniture and a Colt 6940. I can say that after seeing the MOE handguard in person I still don't care for the looks but it was comfortable to hold and felt solid. The MagPul rear sight was easy to deploy with the buttons but I would prefer same plane aperatures. Also, the buttons are fast but I wonder how easily they could be accidentally activated.

Given that the 6940 has a monolithic rail, it didn't feel heavy at all. The 6940 was the same price as a 6920 which makes it a pretty good deal given you get the rails, Matech rear site, and a flip front.

All in all, if availability keeps improving and ammo prices get back to something reasonable, life will be good again.

obiwanbartobi
06-10-09, 18:22
Things are starting to get back to normal where I'm from also, with the exception of primers for handloaders. Once there is a steady supply again I'll be happy.