PDA

View Full Version : T/D or Larue Q/detach VFG?

MAUSER202
06-10-09, 20:43
I want to get a vertical fore grip for my rifle. I like the idea of Q/D mounting as in no need to slide it on or off. mI was looking at the Larue and Tango Down.
I like that the Larue comes with 3 sizes. Any opinions on these two? Do they lock up solid?
Thanks

DRich
06-10-09, 20:51
You can't go wrong with either one. Both are very durable and lock up tight on my KAC and LT rails. I have had both and personally prefer the TD since it was easy to cut down to smaller size....I like a very, very short VFG.

IMO, quality and function are the same...just choose the one that feels/looks best to you.

Robb Jensen
06-10-09, 21:49
I haven't used the LaRue.

I use the TD and Bobro forward grips. Both are very nice.

Treehopr
06-10-09, 23:22
I have the Larue FUG and think its the best VFG yet after trying the KAC and TD (non-QD) VFG's.

It locks up solid and the grip is comfortable and ergonomic.

No experience with the Tango Down QD VFG.

CLHC
06-10-09, 23:38
I use. . .Bobro forward grips. . .very nice.
And there it is! :cool:

handyandy
06-11-09, 08:01
I've haven't owned a LaRue, but I have owned BoBro and TDs. The BoBro is a high quality product, but too small for my hand. I run the TDs because they are comfortable for me and they are bulletproof, not to mention easily adjustable. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three, it's all in what works for you. If you can try before you buy, it will save you some money.

Infidel1975
06-11-09, 08:01
I just got a Larue FUG and I love it. Fits my hand great and is wonderfully constructed.Seems like a real winner.Ordered it on a Sunday online and received it four days later.Great company to do business with,plus had a Larue cap,longsleeve t-shirt,dillo,dillo dust,machine gunners lube,and some Larue bumper stickers all thrown in the box for FREE!!!!!!

thopkins22
06-11-09, 13:41
Pepsi or Coke?

Stickman
06-11-09, 16:05
I've haven't owned a LaRue, but I have owned BoBro and TDs. The BoBro is a high quality product, but too small for my hand. I run the TDs because they are comfortable for me and they are bulletproof, not to mention easily adjustable. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three, it's all in what works for you. If you can try before you buy, it will save you some money.

I'm sitting here with a TD, LT, Bobro, KAC, AAC and MIAD VFG, and they all work well enough. I find that I grab the Bobro shorty most often when I'm going to use a VFG, but what is most important is the overall feel to the end user. As far as "free" items, nothing is free, its built into the price. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but its a more realistic way of looking at things. Buy what is going to work best for you, try them out ahead of time if at all possible, and figure if your shooting style leans towards a full size or shorter grip.

snellkid
06-11-09, 16:07
I've got the TD Quick release and love it, never tried the Larue FUG, Larue makes great stuff, I've got enough of it. another plus for the Tango Down.

PRGGodfather
06-11-09, 16:24
I use them both, and I use the stubby versions. The TD without the QD lever moves too much for my liking.

Both the FUG and the TD QD are very solid, and the levers are very similar. Either one will serve you well.

NCPatrolAR
06-11-09, 16:27
I dont see the need in a QD VFG, so I cant help you there. For standard VFGs, I prefer the stubby TD grips.

MAUSER202
06-11-09, 17:00
Thanks for the input, since I know of no local shops in the Philly area that I can try them out for size/feel, I am going to go with the Larue because it is 3 sizes in one.

JAYTEAM
06-11-09, 20:06
I use the Tango Down stubby QD grip, and I am very satisfied with it. I highly recommend it.

Jay

10MMGary
06-11-09, 22:36
I could not be happier with my TD QD stubby VFG, locks in place very securely, and comes off easily when you want it to. I'll get the LaRue FUG next, if they'll make it in FDE.

CarlosDJackal
06-11-09, 23:28
I use both except the Stubby TD is not the quick release type. I have no complaint against either one. I like the ability to easily remove the FUG's for when I want to zero the rifle though. YMMV.

trinydex
06-11-09, 23:51
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=27865&page=4

MAUSER202
06-24-09, 17:58
I got the Larue Fug in the mail today and am very impressed to say the least. Well made, tight as hell lock up and it feels great in my hand. This was the first time I ordered from them and was surprized at all the free stuff that came with it, hat, stickers, mg lube, grilling rub and a bottle opener. I know nothing realy free but a nice surprize all the same.

cop1211
06-24-09, 20:05
I've got a TD shorty, and Bobro shorty, like both but like the Bobro the best.

RojasTKD
06-24-09, 22:33
Pepsi or Coke?

Ford or Chevy.... Oh wait... never mind.

I vote for the one you can find the best price on. Alternately, get the one that catches you eye the most.

Pistola
06-25-09, 00:20
I went with the TD QD shorty, really locks up solid.:D

Legion6
06-25-09, 09:08
I have both. Both are fine. They both do as advertised. I use the Larue because I have other Larue products, and I'm impressed with those products too. If you're looking to keep costs down, go with the TD. It'll serve you pretty much forever, unless you get hit by an IED.

thespyhunter
06-25-09, 09:12
I have both also. I prefer the LaRue.