PDA

View Full Version : We may no longer question our government

Business_Casual
06-11-09, 12:37
http://www.breitbart.tv/html/359043.html

Unless you toe the line, politicians have no time for you and your ignorant questions.

M_P

EzGoingKev
06-11-09, 13:53
Barney Frank is one of the biggest POS in politics today. He is one of the causes of our financial situation today.

He thinks he is above answering any questions. Any time he can't just blow a question off he twists into an argument where he plays some poor guy getting attacked.

Shitbags like him, Kerry, and Kennedy are why I hate Massachusetts more and more every day.

I love Bill O'Reilly giving it to him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuOEdttjZQ

bkb0000
06-11-09, 13:57
Barney Frank is one of the biggest POS in politics today. He is one of the causes of our financial situation today.

He thinks he is above answering any questions. Any time he can't just blow a question off he twists into an argument where he plays some poor guy getting attacked.

Shitbags like him, Kerry, and Kennedy are why I hate Massachusetts more and more every day.

yea... i dont mean to rip on your home, but it sure seems like nothing good comes out of that place. the nice thing about the east coast is even if you move 3 states over, you're still only a 15 minute drive away. :)

RD62
06-11-09, 15:53
yea... i dont mean to rip on your home, but it sure seems like nothing good comes out of that place. the nice thing about the east coast is even if you move 3 states over, you're still only a 15 minute drive away. :)

That's only true for the northen half. ;)

-RD62

chadbag
06-11-09, 15:59

I love Bill O'Reilly giving it to him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuOEdttjZQ

Even though NH is being Massified more every year with all the Massholes moving up, it is worth the move to get out of Mass. Move to NH

dbrowne1
06-11-09, 16:05
I grew up in MA and lived in Bwarney Fwank's district. He was a turd then and he is an even bigger and smellier turd now.

There is a reason I live in Virginia now. Actually, a lot of reasons.

QuietShootr
06-11-09, 17:08
Arrogant little poo-stabber.

rat31465
06-11-09, 19:26
Sums the new regime up in a nut shell.....

ZDL
06-11-09, 19:41
Frank sounds like he's munching on a dick when he speaks. "qshshhhsh fwwwww shhquishhhhhh ummm........ we're weshshhhh qshshhh done here! fsshhhwssshhhw"

11Bravo
06-11-09, 19:52
I grew up in MA and lived in Bwarney Fwank's district. He was a turd then and he is an even bigger and smellier turd now.

There is a reason I live in Virginia now. Actually, a lot of reasons.
Terms of your parole?

mattk
06-11-09, 19:59
Politicians are all the same. They love answering softball questions to further their point of view. But, as soon as they get asked a real question, or someone dissagrees with them, and has a decent point, they go stomping off like a spoiled child. What a douche:rolleyes:

EvilSpeculator556
06-11-09, 22:44
Can you say "taxation without representation".

thopkins22
06-12-09, 02:21
I love how the host ended the interview, "fine, goodbye sir," in a very abrupt manner. He was recognizing that not hearing from Barney Frank was no big loss.

j_nosfarato
06-12-09, 16:07
That was awsome!! IF you watch the first part of the interview and listen to what Rep. Frank says/ suggests and replace the word "share holder" with "citizen" and "company" with "government" I agree TOTALLY with what "he"(not sure if Frank is a "top" or "bottom") says.

In regards to government, There SHOULD be consequences for risky behavior. At present, there is none. Used to be. Tar and Feather comes to mind. Mistakes made by our forefathers, allowing those found to be worthy of the Tar and Feather treatment to continue to contribute to the gene pool.

thopkins22
06-12-09, 16:12
In regards to government, There SHOULD be consequences for risky behavior. At present, there is none. Used to be. Tar and Feather comes to mind. Mistakes made by our forefathers, allowing those found to be worthy of the Tar and Feather treatment to continue to contribute to the gene pool.

Your senses of history and freedom are sorely lacking.

The harshest consequences would happen without any government intervention at all. All they need to do is enforce contracts.

The forefathers weren't perfect, but the system they put forth most certainly allows for failure. It's shameful that we abandoned that system long ago.

Submariner
06-12-09, 19:36
N.D. :D

Submariner
06-12-09, 19:37
The Greeks had a better idea:

To an ancient Greek, nothing was more precious than honour (tîmę).

To an ancient Greek, nothing was more precious than honour (tîmę). The root of this word was financial — what you were worth. And what you were worth was judged not by your own values (note ‘value’), as by other people’s assessment of you. By that token, ‘honourable’ Members of Parliament should by now be quietly slinking shamefacedly down the back alleys (as the poet Pindar said of a wrestler humiliated in Games held at Delphi). Officials in Athens who had so transparently exploited the people would not be so lucky.

Most officials in Athens were appointed by lot and for one year only. They did not serve an elected parliament but the whole citizen body (Athenian males over 18), meeting roughly every week in Assembly. This body was sovereign, deciding every course of state action. The same people also had total control over the courts.

Each official had to report regularly to the people, and could be arraigned at any time. At the end of his term, the people subjected him to a full audit. Within 30 days of laying down office, he presented his financial accounts (public funds received and expended), which were checked against documents in the state archives. That test passed, a board heard any charges of general misconduct. There were penalties for breaking the law, taking bribes, embezzlement, and so on. Punishments could range from fines through exile to execution. It never stopped Athenians putting themselves forward.

The contrast with our Parliament, which resists to the death any outside interference, could not be starker. Lacking any sense of shame, MPs and the Speaker tried desperately to prevent information about expenses appearing in the first place. Now that it has, they demonstrate their liberation from guilt by indignantly claiming they ‘have not broken any [of their own] rules’. Well they wouldn’t, would they? Instead, they hypocritically proclaim their desperate longing to change the system. Is this what Gordon Brown means by ‘British values’? It is not what anyone else means by it.

Ancient Greeks caught like this would now be fleeing the country. And MPs? All bets are off.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine/columnists/3614913/ancient-and-modern.thtml

j_nosfarato
06-12-09, 20:22
Your senses of history and freedom are sorely lacking.

The harshest consequences would happen without any government intervention at all. All they need to do is enforce contracts.

The forefathers weren't perfect, but the system they put forth most certainly allows for failure. It's shameful that we abandoned that system long ago.

Whoa!! stop the bus. I was not speaking of their planned imposition of this policy on the private sector. Perhaps I should have said Rep. Frank should substitute citizen and government and take his own comments to heart.

As far as my sense of history and freedom, we'll let that slight slide. Based on my original post it COULD have been misinterpreted by those with an overabundance of passion for liberty and freedom. I've been known to do it myself from time to time.

EvilSpeculator556
06-12-09, 20:52
I thought our government was supposed to be fearful of its citizens. Not the citizens fearful of its government. I guess some on this board like the fleeting power they have provided by their easy pass tests that 90% of us could probably pass. Scary days ahead if this progressive movement moves any further. For those that are in the position and have an ego I must say I have no idea how this will end but search yourself and find the truth.

thopkins22
06-12-09, 20:57
Whoa!! stop the bus. I was not speaking of their planned imposition of this policy on the private sector. Perhaps I should have said Rep. Frank should substitute citizen and government and take his own comments to heart.

As far as my sense of history and freedom, we'll let that slight slide. Based on my original post it COULD have been misinterpreted by those with an overabundance of passion for liberty and freedom. I've been known to do it myself from time to time.

My apologies. I read your post to mean that government itself should do the tar and feathering when government itself holds much of the blame.

I certainly qualify as being borderline overly passionate about liberty...I shouldn't let it clout my responses like that.

As for Barney Frank I couldn't agree more.