PDA

View Full Version : MIAD Cores

dutch308
06-11-09, 20:46
Hey Guys, Anyone know who has AA/AAA cores in stock?

thopkins22
06-11-09, 21:17
I don't know that anyone does...I've had two bolt/firing pin cores on order with Magpul for just under one full year.

I don't know if it's still the case, but they understandably had all their resources tied up making PMAGs.

Titleist
06-11-09, 22:15
I would murder a small family for a grip bolt/pin core. And by murder a small family, I mean pay MSRP. ;)

thopkins22
06-11-09, 23:11
I would murder a small family for a grip bolt/pin core. And by murder a small family, I mean pay MSRP. ;)

;)I'm right there with you. Every four months or so I'll call and ask, "by chance did you run the mold and forget about me?" They tell me no.

Instead I have nine tracers tied up in my rifles for no good reason other than to fill space. Plus when the martians come I'll be able to direct fire.

CC556
06-11-09, 23:20
From what I understand they're backordered forever on all the cores. You can easily store 2 AA batteries in the standard "3 round" core that the MIAD comes with though. Just toss 2 foam earplugs in the grip first, then put 2 AAs in there side by side. Put the original core back in and the rubber insert compresses the batteries against the earplugs. They're secure in there and they don't rattle.

kwelz
06-12-09, 01:53
Kieslers Retail/wholesale has them in the showroom but I don't see them on the Web site. I picked up a bolt Core the other day and they had all the others.

You could give them a call but I make no promises. 812-284-GUNS

chadbag
06-12-09, 02:40
I am leaving Friday morning for Magpul Dynamics 3 day handgun class but PM me what core and color you are looking for. I have a bunch of cores but don't have all combos in stock. I will check when I get back on Wed.

EDIT / UPDATE: Just went and looked -- only 123 and AA cores. No bolt/pin cores. Sorry

Chad
eguns.com (probably not listed on the website)

Thermodyn
06-12-09, 03:06
P.M. sent.:)