PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Defence Barrel Assy?

iaredavid
06-12-09, 15:01
I'm currently piece-mealing together my first AR and I'm having trouble finding a barrel. I took a while deciding, and I've come to the conclusion that I want a Sabre Defence barrel assembly. Only problem is, I can't find the darned thing anywhere online, and a few places I've called won't order it.

The barrel in question is their 18" chrome lined, 1:7", chambered for 5.56 fluted barrel with a mid length gas system & m4 feed ramps. It happens to be part no 50157 from them, and labeled as SPR and Competition Delxue.

So 2 questions, where can I find one, and does anyone have an opinion about it?

DRich
06-12-09, 15:05
I've got one on my SPR-ish rifle and it's a fantastic barrel.

However, I don't know of anyone with Sabre barrels in stock. Considering they recently picked up a gov't contract for M16 rifles, they may not be putting many barrels on the civvy market for a while.

m-w
06-12-09, 18:10
Not exactly what you're after but here's a barrel I ran across...

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1495

It's a 16" midlength. Looks like a really nice barrel and in stock for the moment.

UGASeven
06-13-09, 08:45
Try Compass lake Eng, they'll make you a custom barrel from a Dougals or Kreiger Blank, I just got one from them, took 5 weeks from order to arrival at my door.:D

this is a 16" Car Gas Sys, fluted, M4 Ramps, SS. & Matching bolt.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/stallwle/AR/SANY4088.jpg

SkiDevil
06-13-09, 10:17
Check the Members Forum "Market Place".

I saw several barrels that may work for your project. Including, if I recall correctly a Krieger and a Noveske (18" SS Barrels).

Good Luck,
SkiDevil

P.S. Midway stocks Sabre Defense barrels also. It may be worthwhile to check from time to time. Lastly, I agree with Drich. Because of the new contract for 5,000+ rifles to DOD it may affect commercial availability for some time.:(

redyak3
06-13-09, 22:29
I got lucky on EE after searching for what seemed like months.
Saber Defense 410SS 18" SPR fluted, mid-length, mid-weight, 1-8 twist w/ M4 extension, for a very fair price.
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/redyak3/First%20BR%20Build/003-1.jpg
Good Luck!

yellowthunder
06-13-09, 23:28
P.S. Midway stocks Sabre Defense barrels also. It may be worthwhile to check from time to time. Lastly, I agree with Drich. Because of the new contract for 5,000+ rifles to DOD it may affect commercial availability for some time.:(

Yep I got my 16" 1/9 twist from Midway and my 10" 1/7 twist from Bravo company. I know that bravocompany will notify you when parts are in stock via email if you want.

Great barrels by the way!

glockshooter
06-14-09, 12:17
I talked to Sabre's bossman at the Blue Ridge Mtn 3gun, and their contact with the gov has nothing to do with their civilian market availability. In the overall AR world (not just M4 world) they are a big deal. They are 18 months behind for complete guns and 12 months behind for just bbl assemblies. I have a comp. deluxe so I can give first hand experience that it is an awesome barrel. It has helped me win several local matches, and very good placings in big matches. If you are looking for a match rifle barral or a SPR barrel you will be pleased.

Matt

Artos
06-14-09, 12:30
Copy / Paste email from Sabre on 6/02/09

Our current lead times are as follows: rifles and lower receivers are twelve to eighteen months and barrel and upper assemblies are approximately five to six months.

ccoker
06-15-09, 08:31
have you tried PK Firearms?

I got my 16" FLuted midlength, midweight. 1/8, 5.56 stainless from them last year