PDA

View Full Version : Mad Dog Knife Value

mattpittinger
06-13-09, 10:37
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/mattpittinger/100_1607.jpg

I have a Knife that my dad gave me while I was in high school. I have had the knife for years and it has skinned a lot of animals, cut a lot of rope, and shredded a lot of kindling . The knife is probably the finest fixed blade I have ever owned. Anyways, it is my understanding that this particular knife is relatively valuable. I have no intention of selling this knife or making it a safe queen. I was just curious if anyone here knew the approximate value of the knife.

Maker : Mad Dog Knives
Model : A.T.A.K MK2
Serial : B11

sarge1644
06-13-09, 11:41
Matt,
Now that is a knife! I love my Mad Dog "Nocturne". It is not a safe queen, either...

Sarge1644:)

bones
06-16-09, 19:09
Own a MD A.T.A.K --still waiting for my Arizona Hunter ( at one time they were 350.00 )-so far the wait has been five years.

MD knives are Way Over Priced any more

msr
06-17-09, 00:41
Current new price is $825.00 for an ATAK II

mattpittinger
06-29-09, 14:38
Current new price is $825.00 for an ATAK II

Wow.....

Savior 6
06-29-09, 15:19
Being that it was given to you by your father, priceless should be the answer. I do however understand the bragging value for conversations behind knowing the retail price.

msr
06-29-09, 15:51
Being that it was given to you by your father, priceless should be the answer. I do however understand the bragging value for conversations behind knowing the retail price.

Agreed.

mattpittinger
06-29-09, 17:20

Not so much "bragging rights" as sheer curiosity

bones
07-01-09, 17:14
I picked up my MD A.T.A.K for 375.00 New- just a few years back

The Good old days - :)

ToddG
07-01-09, 17:39
I've got a "WSP1" that my wife bought me as a gift years and years ago when Hilton Yam was running Ground Zero ... how is that for ancient?

I wore it while snorkeling in HI once just to say it had been in the water. Otherwise, I don't think it's seen the light of day.

Dennis
07-01-09, 19:27
I've got a "WSP1" that my wife bought me as a gift years and years ago when Hilton Yam was running Ground Zero ... how is that for ancient?

I wore it while snorkeling in HI once just to say it had been in the water. Otherwise, I don't think it's seen the light of day.

I have one of those too from way back! However mine hasn't seen any salt water yet... Maybe I should walk across the street someday and take care of that :)

Dennis.

SeriousStudent
07-01-09, 19:36
Not so much "bragging rights" as sheer curiosity

One word - insurance.

I have a somewhat decent knife collection, it's down to about 100. It's not a bad idea at all to have some idea of what your knives would cost to replace on the open market.

I have knives and firearms that are well over 100 years old, family heirlooms that belonged to my great-grandfather.

When I added a rider to my insurance policy, I wanted to have an Excel spreadsheet with the valuation of my knives and guns.

There is certainly a large sentimental value to a ancient revolver my great-grandfather carried as a deputy here in Texas. But I'd like to be able to buy something close to it.

Add up the fair market value, and adjust your insurance accordingly.

Hellfire
07-01-09, 20:20

Fact .

ToddG
07-01-09, 21:57
I have one of those too from way back!

Considering they were supposedly made for the USSS (though I never met an agent who'd heard of it) and there were supposedly only 50 of them ever made back in the mid-90's, what are the odds two people on this forum each own one? :eek:

smithjd
07-02-09, 08:51
I picked up my MD A.T.A.K for 375.00 New- just a few years back

The Good old days - :)

Back in about 1997 or 1998, my darling bride got me an ATAK 2 for a gift. I think it was about $275 then. It is not serial numbered and does not have the relief cuts in the spine like the photo above.

Guess I'll just have to pass this one on to my son instead of buying him his own.

mattpittinger
07-02-09, 11:36
and does not have the relief cuts in the spine like the photo above.

Yeah, mine is the only one I have seen so far with this cuts, has anyone else seen one with that?