PDA

View Full Version : Entry length stock?

Bread is People
06-13-09, 15:17
Does anyone have any experience with these? How do they compare to a full size A2 style stock?

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=299

Maybe I should just stick with the CTR or M4 style, I don't know yet. Thoughts?

DRich
06-13-09, 15:19
Those are handy if you only shoot while wearing body armor. Otherwise the LOP is very short and non adjustable.

NCPatrolAR
06-13-09, 16:04
I used one for about 6 months and ditched it. The LOP seemed extremely short to me and wasnt condusive to how I shoot an AR. An adjustable stock is the better way to go unless you are restrcited to using only fixed stocks.

ST911
06-13-09, 17:23
Had several of that type on guns during the ban. They're approximately the LOP of an adjustable stock fully collapsed. Fine when in armor, a little short otherwise.

Popular with youth and IBOs.

An option for a shorter gun when collapsible stocks aren't allowed. Their time has come and gone for the rest, though.

telecustom
06-13-09, 18:46
I still have one and use it alot.

Bread is People
06-13-09, 23:46
I thought the length might be an obstacle, just confirming. Now if I could only find a good mil-spec buffer tube kit for a CTR...

NCPatrolAR
06-13-09, 23:48
I thought the length might be an obstacle, just confirming. Now if I could only find a good mil-spec buffer tube kit for a CTR...

Check Bravo Company