PDA

View Full Version : my guns/gear

FMF_Doc
06-14-09, 14:36
https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=89&pictureid=399

This is my current gear, the rifle is a Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine (part of the Texas DPS contract guns) I bought when I was an officer, and my duty rig with my Sig 226.

I am no longer on the job, but still have the gear and still train with it.

citizensoldier16
06-14-09, 21:48
Nice looking setup. I have the same rifle, but it's been highly modified and improved upon.

May I offer a word of advice? Mounting a VFG onto the stock handguards generally isn't a good idea. They have too much play and don't provide a sturdy platform. Mounting lights is okay because they don't weigh much and you don't have to grip them. Pick up a set of FF rails like the Daniel Defense Omega 7.0 and you'll be good.

FMF_Doc
06-15-09, 00:37
I agree about the handguards needing changed out, I am looking to mod that rifle to be more in line with the M4 that I was issued.

The VFG was a test to see if I even wanted one on it at all, before dumping any money into it.

bkb0000
06-15-09, 01:07
This is my current gear, the rifle is a Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine (part of the Texas DPS contract guns) I bought when I was an officer, and my duty rig with my Sig 226.

I am no longer on the job, but still have the gear and still train with it.

why do you train with duty gear if you're no longer on duty? do you intend to don that duty belt if the SHTF?

i'd suggest upgrading your "go to rig" to a proper LCE, vest, or chest rig.. something that's more practical for the kind of SHTF scenario you might face nowadays. drop the cop stuff and add magazine capacity, basically.

FMF_Doc
06-15-09, 01:20
I am not too wrapped up in SHTF scenarios, but I do have my other gear that I also train with.

I mainly use the duty gear for range gear now, I have 160,000 acres of National Forest that touches my property on 3 sides, not really worried about survival issues, I maintain my shooting and medical skills, grow most of my own food.

I understand what you're saying though, I do train the way I intend to fight, I live near an extremely small town (pop 850) so everyone pretty much knows each other.

It's more about hunting and basic survival skills, because for SHTF I can simply disappear into the forest.

Dave Williams
06-15-09, 10:40
I actually mis my old setup of a VFG mounted on a small piece of pic rail on my 6920 plastic handguard, it was nice and light, held up fine.

Dave Williams