PDA

View Full Version : Noveseke midlength uppers in stock at Bravo

JoshNC
06-14-09, 18:26
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Noveske-N4-Light-Carbine-Upper-Receiver-Group-Mid-p/n4%20basic%2016m%20urg.htm

recon
06-14-09, 19:08
Pretty expensive for just a upper!

DRich
06-14-09, 20:04

You'll have a hard time finding a new Noveske upper for less. The stripped barrels go for $500 by themselves.

Hunter Rose
06-14-09, 20:14

Do the cold hammer forged barrels last longer than the regular barrels as far as port/chamber erosion goes?

I've wanted a Noveske RECCE for awhile now, but that is pricey, and I guess I am just trying to justify the extra coin in my mind (I mean, I can't outshoot my LMT or BCM barrels as it is, but longevity would be worth it to me:cool:)

RudyN
06-14-09, 20:29
The Bravo Co. price is not to bad. A Local gun shop has Stag uppers for $950.00 :rolleyes: and I am not kidding.

Lucky Strike
06-14-09, 20:45
One day I will own one...one day.....but like someone else said I'm sure i'll never outshoot my BCM middy upper.

Not with the price of ammo anyway

kyrin88
06-14-09, 20:59
for $759.00, thats a hell to the no!! Why so expensive? why why why? I mean come on Bravo Co. you sell a product with better quality for half the price:confused:

Dunderway
06-14-09, 21:15
for $759.00, thats a hell to the no!! Why so expensive? why why why? I mean come on Bravo Co. you sell a product with better quality for half the price:confused:

1. Look into what makes up a Noveski upper.

2. Better quality? How?

3. $475 is not half of $795.

kyrin88
06-14-09, 21:24
1. Look into what makes up a Noveski upper.

2. Better quality? How?

3. $475 is not half of $795.

You are hilarious.............Not!! Oh and if you want to take things so literally, you spelled Noveske wrong. :eek:

spamsammich
06-14-09, 22:53
It's expensive because you start with a hammer forged (probably FN) barrel blank made to M249 specs, then it gets turned down to Noveske's custom profile. I'm not sure what chamber it uses, whether it's a Noveske Match Mod 0 or a standard 5.56. Can somebody shed some light on that? I don't have an N4 upper for reference yet. Anyway, even at 795, that's way cheaper than what gougers on TOS and elsewhere are charging for a basic Noveske upper. I've seen people asking upwards of a 1100 for them.:eek:

Mark21
06-14-09, 22:57

Because you pay for quality. It's the only CL barrel I know that can shoot 1MOA or even sub-MOA if you get lucky. If that doesn't matter for your needs, then walk on by. Why do 911s cost more than a Corvette when the Vette can go just as fast for half the price?

parishioner
06-14-09, 22:59
I mean come on Bravo Co. you sell a product with better quality for half the price:confused:

Would you mind explaining how the Bravo upper is of better quality than the Noveske upper?

SWATcop556
06-15-09, 00:25
Comparing the Noveske to the BCM is an apples to oranges arguement. Make sure you know your facts before making statements of "one is better than the other."

All that being said, the BravoCo. price is very reasonable in today's over-inflated price. If I had the coin, one would have my name on it.

Dunderway
06-15-09, 00:25
You are hilarious.............Not!! Oh and if you want to take things so literally, you spelled Noveske wrong. :eek:

That is fine, since I was not attempting humor. You have made some strong claims in a very sensational manner, and have yet to back them up.

ETA: Did we time warp back to 1989? Who the hell follows a sentence with; Not! anymore? Seriously?

bkb0000
06-15-09, 01:14
noveske makes some kick-mother****in-ass shit... to be blunt. it's worth the money, if the noveske is worth it to you.

I probably won't buy any more noveske stuff- i have a custom noveske SPR upper, it didn't cost me an arm and a leg (was the most expensive single parts order i've ever placed, or probably ever will), 'cause i got it before they rammed their prices way up.

i'm kind of glad to see them charging prohibitive prices, though- it means they're going to produce less for more money, which most likely translates to keeping that extremely high level of noveske quality they've become known for. instead of ramping up production and compromising, like EVERY other manufacturer has done, they just jacked up their prices to slow the demand. i think it was a good call.

maybe someday when the kids are grown and the wife is too fat to go shopping every day i'll indulge in the single-malt of ARs again. something to look forward to.

kyrin88
06-15-09, 09:56
OK let me clarify this whole situation. I should have replied in a different context, because I was simply expressing my opinion. I am not saying anything about the quality of the product, but just the price is to high for me. I am not comparing the two in terms of quality, performance etc.,because they are two different profiles and it will just lead to bias argument. I am sorry gentlemen for the misunderstanding. ;)

tweakmeister
06-15-09, 10:14
I've seen numbers like 50% to upwards of 300% thrown around on barrel life longevity in going to a cold hammer forged barrel. Factor this into a "cost per round fired" on these barrels and they often end up cheaper and a better value in the long run.

k_cheerangie
06-15-09, 11:10
I think it might be good to note that no one in this thread discussing the price of a Noveske upper will ever in there lifetime be likely to shoot out a plain-jane mil-spec BCM barrel.

Pat Rogers' BCM gun has somewhere around 13 thousand rounds through it and he does classes every month.

I really don't mean to be come off as an ass but some of the points being made here seem kind of asinine.

SWATcop556
06-15-09, 11:24
I think it might be good to note that no one in this thread discussing the price of a Noveske upper will ever in there lifetime be likely to shoot out a plain-jane mil-spec BCM barrel.

Pat Rogers' BCM gun has somewhere around 13 thousand rounds through it and he does classes every month.

I really don't mean to be come off as an ass but some of the points being made here seem kind of asinine.

No one has said anything about being able to shoot out a BCM or a Noveske barrel. They are two different companies that both make quality barrels from two different processes. It is still an apples to oranges comparison. Two different beasts all together.

You are correct though. Barrels from either company will outlast 99% of the shooters out there.

SkiDevil
06-15-09, 11:59
Because you pay for quality. It's the only CL barrel I know that can shoot 1MOA or even sub-MOA if you get lucky. If that doesn't matter for your needs, then walk on by. Why do 911s cost more than a Corvette when the Vette can go just as fast for half the price?

Agreed. I have two NOVESKEs myself.

For the amount that I spent on my first rifle; I could have bought two quality rifles of another brand. I bought the NOVESKE because I wanted to have at least one extremely well built and RELIABLE weapon. I have ABSOLUTELY no buyers remorse.

It is a quality part. Expensive, yes. But many things in life are not cheap.

And as MARK21 states, If you don't need it? Then it doesn't matter.

Finally, just an observation. But I keep noticing that more and more experienced trainers, noted experts, etc. etc. are using NOVESKEs. There must be a reason.:confused:

SkiDevil

parishioner
06-15-09, 12:09
Yes, Noveske has made a good name for itself. There are reasons for this.

Just like Olys have made a not so good name for itself. There are reasons for this as well.

Cincinnatus
06-15-09, 12:10
There are also Noveske Uppers available through this site: omniguns.com (you have to e-mail them--they are in stock but not listed on the site--they also have Noveske Lowers)

Iraqgunz
06-15-09, 13:14
Buy this Noveske upper+the LMT bolt carrier/charging handle and lower at Rainier Arms and you should have a solid rifle for just over 1200.00.