PDA

View Full Version : Need Help from BCM Owners Here Guys...

Razorhunter
06-14-09, 19:14
I could use some help from any and all BCM owners here guys. Possibly even MULTIPLE BCM upper owners, if we have any here. (USMC03 where you at man?)
I sold a 100% genuine BRAND NEW/UNFIRED BCM 16" Midlength upper to a local guy today (he's also a forum member here, so be nice guys), and after he left my house, he called back saying he was worried about the bbl "not being authentic" or possibly having been "altered" in some way.
Things he mentioned:

1. Now that he got home to look at it, he only sees 1 white "BCM" stamp on the side of the upper receiver. (I honestly don't remember, but I guess he's right, maybe it does only have the white BCM letters on one side?) Apparently he's saying all the BCM's he's seen have had the white BCM stamp on BOTH sides of the upper.
Question: Is this something BCM has changed recently?

2. (This is his main issue) - "Apparently" he said the "1:7 MP 5.56 NATO" stamp on the bbl appears to have been "altered" or stamped OVER on one of the letters. (he says he sees a "1" under one of the other numbers (number 7 I think?)
I remember looking at this stamp, and it's not double stamped at all, but his "close inspection" apparently is making him see a "1" that appears to have been stamped over. As I said, I KNOW for a fact, that it's NOT double stamped. I also know for a fact that BCM does NOT mis stamp their bbls and then weld back over them and restamp them (which is what he kind of implied)
He also said the "FONT/TEXT" and spacing used on this stamp doesn't appear to be like the BCM bbl stampings he's seen online.

QUESTION: Has anyone here ever noticed different FONTS/TEXT/SPACING between the letters on various BCM bbls? Got a picture to help me ease this guys fears?

I even supplied the guy with original receipt from GRTactical on this upper, and he's still worried about it.
To his credit, he hasn't been a total jerk, and he has agreed to allow me to try to get in touch with Grant and Paul at BCM to verify this is a TRUE BCM bbl'd upper, and everything is legit.
I have never had luck getting in touch with Paul at BCM via phone/email, and I know Grant is busy as hell too.
SO, before I contact those guys, I wanted to see if you guys could help out with any pics or knowledge on various BCM white letter stampings, and also bbl stampings?
Anyone ever seen DIFFERENT FONTS used on the BCM bbls? I sure havent', but I do know these things happen in the AR world. I also know that companies such as Noveske/KAC/etc tend to mix things up a bit, and might change things around from time to time.
ANY help would be appreciated guys.

NetJunkie
06-14-09, 19:20
They are only stamped BCM on one side. LMT is the same way.

As for the barrel...don't know, but I can't imagine it's a fake especially from G&R. Maybe he needs his money back for something? :)

Razorhunter
06-14-09, 19:24
I don't think he needs his money back. I think he honestly fears it's not a genuine BCM bbl/upper, and I was just wondering if you guys could help out with my questions above.
Sounds like you are absolutely sure that BCM only stamps their uppers on ONE side only?
I know all the ones I have PERSONALLY owned have been this way, but apparently this guy said he's seen them stamped on "both" sides.
As stated, his biggest concern is with the bbl stamp, and the font/stamping/spacing looking different from what he's seen online.
Dunno.
All I know is it's a GENUINE BCM, and I was thinking maybe there was someone with some stamping pics around here somewhere???

NetJunkie
06-14-09, 19:25
Of the 5 BCM uppers I've seen in person (all in the last 3 months or so) they've all been stamped on one side.

SeriousStudent
06-14-09, 19:51
I'm staring at a BCM mid-length upper that I purchased from Grant about a year ago. It has "BCM" in white letters on the side of the upper receiver with the bolt catch, and no letters on the side with the ejection port.

Logo on the port side, forge mark on starboard side. :cool:

The barrel is stamped "HP MP 1/7 5.56 NATO". The bottom part of the letters is fainter than the top part. This is the first time I even noticed it, or cared to look.

Tell your friend to go track down some ammo, and enjoy his carbine.

JimmyB62
06-14-09, 19:58
They're not artistic but hopefully they'll help. Sounds like your buyer is a little paranoid.:p

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/JimmyB62/right.jpg

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/JimmyB62/left.jpg

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/JimmyB62/bbl.jpg

DRich
06-14-09, 20:03
I'm staring at a BCM mid-length upper that I purchased from Grant about a year ago. It has "BCM" in white letters on the side of the upper receiver with the bolt catch, and no letters on the side with the ejection port.

Logo on the port side, forge mark on starboard side. :cool:

The barrel is stamped "HP MP 1/7 5.56 NATO". The bottom part of the letters is fainter than the top part. This is the first time I even noticed it, or cared to look.

Exactly the same for both of my BCM uppers.

SPM14430
06-14-09, 20:05
I own 2 16" M4 Uppers... the BCM logo is only stamped on the ejection port side, next to the keyhole mark

I believe the BCM logo is only stamped on the bolt catch side on the middies

this is what the barrel stamping should look like:

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/131440000/131440722/pix345604250.jpg

hope this helps

Hunter Rose
06-14-09, 20:08
Yep, as others have said, your buddy needs to relax. My BCM middie upper I received last week DIRECTLY from BCM only has white "BCM" letters on one side and barrel markings as above.

Razorhunter
06-14-09, 20:14
Well guys, I am working on this now. Apparently as stated, he said the bbl stamping looks different than what he's seen before. (it looks like the pics above, even he agrees), and I do remember it looking like the pics above. However, he is saying there is a minor difference, with the FONT size or something, and it apparently looks like the bbl stamping was done to "cover up" a number "1" or something?
As I said, he called me an hour AFTER he left my house, so I don't remember if the bbl stamping actually does look like a little different font or what?
I'm going to try and get him to post a pic here sometime soon.
We'll see what happens.
I don't know the guy. He just came down and purchased the rifle today, so he's not exactly my close buddy.
I appreciate all of you who have replied, and especially those of you who have posted pics for me. This is great to have your help guys.

SWATcop556
06-14-09, 20:23
I have one of the older BCM 11.5' as well as one of the new mid-lengths. On the newer one it looks just like the photos that were posted above. Mine is only marked on one side of the upper and the barrel markings are even.

My older one is a little different. This was one of the older uppers and was not marked with the BCM lettering. The barrel stamping is not as clear but is marked the same.

I wouldn't worry, especially if you bought it from Grant. I don't see him selling anything but quality BCM. I think your buddy is GTG with his purchase.

bkb0000
06-14-09, 20:26
i'd probably just politely tell the guy to **** off.. if he's concerned about it, he should send it to BCM for verification. BCM is just not widely known enough still to be suffering from forgeries. as much as we know and love them, most AR "enthusiests" have never heard of BCM.

i cannot stand guys like that. it's ****in insulting. they should have educated themselves long before they ever came out to look at your gear. why even bother buying quality gear if you're not going to educate yourself enough to tell the difference?

furthermore.. has anyone ever even heard of people making "fake" receivers and barrels?

kyrin88
06-14-09, 20:31
I could use some help from any and all BCM owners here guys. Possibly even MULTIPLE BCM upper owners, if we have any here. (USMC03 where you at man?)
I sold a 100% genuine BRAND NEW/UNFIRED BCM 16" Midlength upper to a local guy today (he's also a forum member here, so be nice guys), and after he left my house, he called back saying he was worried about the bbl "not being authentic" or possibly having been "altered" in some way.
Things he mentioned:

1. Now that he got home to look at it, he only sees 1 white "BCM" stamp on the side of the upper receiver. (I honestly don't remember, but I guess he's right, maybe it does only have the white BCM letters on one side?) Apparently he's saying all the BCM's he's seen have had the white BCM stamp on BOTH sides of the upper.

2. (This is his main issue) - "Apparently" he said the "1:7 MP 5.56 NATO" stamp on the bbl appears to have been "altered" or stamped OVER on one of the letters. (he says he sees a "1" under one of the other numbers (number 7 I think?)
I remember looking at this stamp, and it's not double stamped at all, but his "close inspection" apparently is making him see a "1" that appears to have been stamped over. As I said, I KNOW for a fact, that it's NOT double stamped. I also know for a fact that BCM does NOT mis stamp their bbls and then weld back over them and restamp them (which is what he kind of implied)
He also said the "FONT/TEXT" and spacing used on this stamp doesn't appear to be like the BCM bbl stampings he's seen online.

QUESTION: Has anyone here ever noticed different FONTS/TEXT/SPACING between the letters on various BCM bbls? Got a picture to help me ease this guys fears?

I even supplied the guy with original receipt from GRTactical on this upper, and he's still worried about it.
To his credit, he hasn't been a total jerk, and he has agreed to allow me to try to get in touch with Grant and Paul at BCM to verify this is a TRUE BCM bbl'd upper, and everything is legit.
I have never had luck getting in touch with Paul at BCM via phone/email, and I know Grant is busy as hell too.
SO, before I contact those guys, I wanted to see if you guys could help out with any pics or knowledge on various BCM white letter stampings, and also bbl stampings?
Anyone ever seen DIFFERENT FONTS used on the BCM bbls? I sure havent', but I do know these things happen in the AR world. I also know that companies such as Noveske/KAC/etc tend to mix things up a bit, and might change things around from time to time.

OK, first of all the guy is obviously extremely paranoid. From what you say, he is not even trying to do some research on his part. I just got a brand new BCM M4 upper and on the right side of the weapon's receiver is the BCM logo. Now some or probably most of the mid length uppers have the logo on the left side of the receiver, while the M4 upper has it on the right. I attribute this to different batches of uppers being made at different times, for example, LMT didn't always have their uppers laser engraved. BCM makes all of their stuff in house so the chances of there being a knock off is very slim, and as for the stamping on the barrel, He is prob not seeing it right. Your buyer should have confirms all of this before he sent you the money, but I am sure it is just a simple mistake on his part.:D

Fireglock
06-14-09, 20:32
It sounds like a bad case of buyers remorse and he doesn't feel comfortable asking you to take it back. In my NSHO your best bet is give him his money back before he does anything with it and let him wait for the next batch that comes along while he sits at his keyboard.

If he looked at it at your meeting and then has questions once he's on the road nothing you say or do will ever "ease his mind". Bad luck if you needed to sell it but a whole lot less aggravation taking it back.

bkb0000
06-14-09, 20:34
It sounds like a bad case of buyers remorse and he doesn't feel comfortable asking you to take it back. In my NSHO your best bet is give him his money back before he does anything with it and let him wait for the next batch that comes along while he sits at his keyboard.

If he looked at it at your meeting and then has questions once he's on the road nothing you say or do will ever "ease his mind". Bad luck if you needed to sell it but a whole lot less aggravation taking it back.

why the hell would he take it back? a deal is a deal.

Skter505
06-14-09, 20:36
of the two I have owned they are only marked BCM on one side, and the marks on the barrel were faint towards the bottom of the letters. One thing that he can look for is park under the FSB and taper pins, a clone wouldn't likely have these. If he is making a stink just give him his money back and sell it to someone who can enjoy it without the fuss. While I agree with the "deal is a deal" statement above, in this market I'm sure you could easily find another buyer who isn't going to try to ruin your online trade reputation because of his lack of knowledge.

kyrin88
06-14-09, 20:38
If you don't mind me asking,how much did you sell it to him for?

Razorhunter
06-14-09, 20:39
I can understand where everyone is coming from.
I'm just trying to convince the guy it's all legit, because I want him to have his quality upper, and not get rid of it for no reason at all.
Just an FYI guys.
Grant and BCM are not in question AT ALL HERE.
I think what we're trying to accomplish here, is to prove that he has a LEGIT BCM bbl and upper in his possession.
(IOW's, prove that I sold him a legit upper, and I never "rebarreled" it or something??)
I guess that's what I'm trying to do. Heck, at this point, I'm not even sure. :D

I think he'll calm down when he sees this thread. As stated, I'm hoping like hell the bbl stamping doesn't have a much different "font size" or something like that.
THEN, he really WILL think it's a phony.
Seriously, I know the upper is 110% legit, and I'm thinking he will too when he sees this thread.
I would have gladly met the guy again, and refunded his money instantly, had he not inspected it for a full 10-15minutes on my front porch.
However, I told him to do a little research, and let me start this thread for some pic requests, before we do any refunding.
I feel I at least deserve the chance to prove to him it's LEGIT, and maybe he'll end up keeping the upper, and finally realizing what a great upper it is, when it's all said and done....

kyrin88
06-14-09, 20:41
I can understand where everyone is coming from.
I'm just trying to convince the guy it's all legit, because I want him to have his quality upper, and not get rid of it for no reason at all.
Just an FYI guys.
Grant and BCM are not in question AT ALL HERE.
I think what we're trying to accomplish here, is to prove that he has a LEGIT BCM bbl and upper in his possession.
(IOW's, prove that I sold him a legit upper, and I never "rebarreled" it or something??)
I guess that's what I'm trying to do. Heck, at this point, I'm not even sure. :D

I think he'll calm down when he sees this thread. As stated, I'm hoping like hell the bbl stamping doesn't have a much different "font size" or something like that.
THEN, he really WILL think it's a phony.
Seriously, I know the upper is 110% legit, and I'm thinking he will too when he sees this thread.
I would have gladly met the guy again, and refunded his money instantly, had he not inspected it for a full 10-15minutes on my front porch.
However, I told him to do a little research, and let me start this thread for some pic requests, before we do any refunding.
I feel I at least deserve the chance to prove to him it's LEGIT, and maybe he'll end up keeping the upper, and finally realizing what a great upper it is, when it's all said and done....

Hey just take it back and sell it to one of us, hehehehe hahahaha:D:D

SeriousStudent
06-14-09, 20:46

However, he is saying there is a minor difference, with the FONT size or something, and it apparently looks like the bbl stamping was done to "cover up" a number "1" or something?

I think that the only person that needs to have bad dreams about font size is Dan Rather.....

:D

Lucky Strike
06-14-09, 20:48
Just checked my BCM middy and it's got BCM only on one side of the receiver and the barrel stamp looks like the two pictures that have been posted.

Fireglock
06-14-09, 21:03
why the hell would he take it back? a deal is a deal.

Peace, tranquility and the greater good. You know less stress and all that stuff. :)

SHIVAN
06-14-09, 21:11
Honestly, it sounds like he's convinced himself that it's not a BCM. So if anything goes wrong, or it doesn't group perfectly - he will always have in his mind that it's some mutt gun.

I'd get it back from him, take pictures and re-post for sale. If it is a BCM, and the pics are good, it will sell quicker than hell. Nearly guaranteed.

Brad519
06-14-09, 21:13
My BCM Middy only has the marking on the right side of the upper. My BCM M4 upper has the marking on both sides of the upper.

Patrick Henry
06-14-09, 21:19
i'd probably just politely tell the guy to **** off.. if he's concerned about it, he should send it to BCM for verification. BCM is just not widely known enough still to be suffering from forgeries. as much as we know and love them, most AR "enthusiests" have never heard of BCM.

i cannot stand guys like that. it's ****in insulting. they should have educated themselves long before they ever came out to look at your gear. why even bother buying quality gear if you're not going to educate yourself enough to tell the difference?

furthermore.. has anyone ever even heard of people making "fake" receivers and barrels?

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT RIGHT HERE!

I know way too many xxxholes like this guy in this world. Life is just too darn short to have to constantly deal with puss pockets like this guy.

The guy doesn't deserve to own such a fine upper, IMHO. I'd give his money back and then tell him to never contact you again. Let him wait six months to pay full bloody retail for a BCM upper next time!

P.S., I know my reply sounded harsh when normally I am a very nice guy, but I'm in a bad mood right now due to another jerk just like your buyer.

hossb7
06-14-09, 21:21
pics of my 16" M4 BCM upper:

"BCM" only on one side:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/hossb7/AR15005.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/hossb7/AR15004-1.jpg

and the markings on the barrel:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/hossb7/AR15007.jpg

.45fmjoe
06-14-09, 21:24
My BCM mid-length upper that just arrived Friday is marked on the ejector side only, barrel font identical to those posted.

My 16" M4 from two months ago is the same.

redwhiteandblue
06-14-09, 21:56
My 16 inch M4 BCM upper markings on the receiver and barrel are identical to the ones in the photos.

mechelaar
06-14-09, 21:58
I think a lot of you guys are being too hard on this guy. Don't blame him for his attitude, blame all the shitbags selling chicom knockoffs as the real deal. Yeah, he's being crazy paranoid, but he's probably just been ripped off before. That being said, SHIVAN is right. I think you should just take the upper back and re-sell it (or keep it and build another rifle :D). He'll always wonder and never really be happy with it and you'll be able to sell it to someone who will enjoy it more.

Also, my BCM mid length has the logo on the ejection port side and the same barrel markings as those above.

YVK
06-14-09, 22:17
Paul, you did what you were supposed to do, and beyond that, providing a proof of purchase from BCM dealer.
BCM has logo on only one side of receiver, as everybody else says; I can confirm that too by looking on two of mine.
In regards to stamping on barrel, ask him to take pictures. Post them here. Email them to BCM - they have answered my emails within hours, not even days, in the past.

Palmguy
06-14-09, 22:25
My BCM middy, just arrived from Bravo, has the logo on the ejection port side and the barrel stamp is like the pictures shown.

Rider
06-14-09, 22:47
I have a brand new middie that arrived last week from BCM. It is stamped on one side only. The barrel has even engraving one top, in line with the front sight.

It is a real beauty. Since I had it out to inspect and it is summer in the south, I oiled it up before putting it back in the safe.

My little guy (2 years old) came in and saw it so we had a good talk...Daddy is that a gun? No son, but it is part of one. Dont play with my guns, they can be dangerous..............Do you shoot bad guys?......no son, but if I had to, to save you, I would........thank you daddy, I love you.......I love you too, son. Sweet kid though he was sneaking out of bed for extra snuggles.

Anyway, I would just give the guy his money back if he persists in being paranoid. It's not worth the trouble. BUT, he did inspect it and I would be mighty pissed if he had called me back to complain about a fair deal for a product from GR or BCM with the documentation. Not cool.

spamsammich
06-14-09, 22:59
My BCM 11.5" upper has the logo on the ejection port side.

thespyhunter
06-14-09, 23:26
Mine is only stamped on one side. All of the BCM's I have seen are stamped on one side. Which side depends on the batch I guess, but they are all stamped on one side.

Brad519
06-14-09, 23:40
As I said earlier my middy is indeed stamped on the ejection side only but my 16" M4 is stamped on both. I got it directly from Bravo so I know it's not a fake. I got it about a month or so ago. But it does seems like most everyone's upper is only marked on one side.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/brad519/m4rightside.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/brad519/m4leftside.jpg

bkb0000
06-14-09, 23:46
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/70/l_6ea03d09cf854f2d928b1ff659bf1665.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/107/l_198ecf3ce7c5429f919c6a4f65281c5c.jpg

back cover of bravo's most recent catalogue.

you all have forgeries! hahahaha

.45fmjoe
06-15-09, 01:00
I forgot to add, I have seen pictures of earlier BCM uppers engraved on the left side, and on both sides. It seems Paul has settled on the right side, now.

SwatDawg15
06-15-09, 01:53
Take it back.. it will be more of a headach then its worth.

spamsammich
06-15-09, 02:02
I hope he does take it back, God help us when that prick he sold it to shows up here to Zippygaloo us to death.

Iraqgunz
06-15-09, 02:50
Here's my 275 Fils worth. I personally would be insulted. You have offered him a valid receipt and that's not acceptable. He had ample opportunity to examine the components before he paid you and left. After he leaves he decides that something's not right. I would offer to give his money back and sell it to someone else.

I looked at the pics of my BCM 11.5 upper and it is marked on the right side. The other M4 upper that I bought from them several months back has no marking at all on the right side.

JohnnyC
06-15-09, 04:49
I agree with IG. You've gone well out of your way, completely above and beyond to get information for this dude. It's obvious that you did nothing wrong, did not misrepresent what you were selling him, and in general have been a really nice guy about the whole situation. He, on the other hand, sounds like a douche who's having buyers remorse and is trying to shoehorn you into taking it back. I'd say do exactly what he's trying to accomplish, give him a refund, slap the thing up here and don't look back.

kyrin88
06-15-09, 09:47
There is no such thing as a fake BCM upper:mad:, case closed. I think you know what to do by now.:cool:

BravoCompanyUSA
06-15-09, 10:03
Things he mentioned:

1. There is a couple of batches of uppers done with BCM on the right side. Another done with logos on both. Current production is on right side.

2. YES, not all barrel stamping fonts on BCM barrels are the same. Only one of the fonts is shown in the pics. There are at least 4 different types of fonts and roll marks.

Have the customer email us pics if there is a question.

Thanks,
Paul
:D

Icculus
06-15-09, 10:10
Well, now that that's all settled I guess I can hijack the thread;)

Are the below pics the Larue UDE?

They're not artistic but hopefully they'll help. Sounds like your buyer is a little paranoid.:p

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/JimmyB62/right.jpg

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/JimmyB62/left.jpg

C4IGrant
06-15-09, 11:45
Ok, I cannot tell a lie. I take the BCM upper receivers off the upper I get from BCM, then I sell the barrel on EGAY. Next, I take a M1S barrel and put it on the BCM upper receiver. Next, I take my dremel tool and add the role marks so they match up with the real deal.

I then pass the whole upper off as a BCM upper. ;)

Next question........

C4

kyrin88
06-15-09, 11:49
Ok, I cannot tell a lie. I take the BCM upper receivers off the upper I get from BCM, then I sell the barrel on EGAY. Next, I take a M1S barrel and put it on the BCM upper receiver. Next, I take my dremel tool and add the role marks so they match up with the real deal.

Next question........

C4

I think that there is a title that describes people like you " Con artist!!!":mad: I hope I never run into something that you are selling. I think I have found a culprit guys, look at these pics. Some guy is passing this off as a Bcm upper.:mad:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/947678922/Guns/Rifles/AR-15-Rifles-Small-Manufacturers/Upper-Only/BCM_DD_5_56_16_Middy_Upper_Complet.htm#

Byron
06-15-09, 11:52
Are the below pics the Larue UDE?
I am not the owner of that piece but I would say it's foliage green. The UDE is a lighter/grayer shade.

The telling detail besides the color is that it is sporting a MOE stock with MIAD grip. The LaRue UDE set features a CTR stock with MOE grip.

Edited to also note that there isn't a PMAG in UDE (to my knowledge at least) so that's another telling factor.

Magsz
06-15-09, 11:55

Next question........

C4

I KNEW IT!!!!

That BCM middie that i ordered you had a weird engraving on the left side of the receiver.

It read "GrantZ Propurty!"

I thought that was a little unusual!!!! :D

Byron
06-15-09, 11:56
I think that there is a title that describes people like you " Con artist!!!":mad: I hope I never run into something that you are selling. I think I have found a culprit guys, look at these pics. Some guy is passing this off as a Bcm upper.:mad:
I can't tell if you are trying to make a joke at Grant's expense, but if you are serious in trying to call him out I would kindly suggest you pump the brakes.

I haven't been here very long, but it doesn't take any time at all to realize Grant's reputation. So if you are serious, you may want to check your sarcasm meter when reading his post again.

mechelaar
06-15-09, 11:57

I can't tell if it is my sarcasm meter that is off or if it is yours.

kyrin88
06-15-09, 11:57
?????

kyrin88
06-15-09, 12:07
I can't tell if it is my sarcasm meter that is off or if it is yours.

HAhahaha heheheh hohoho. Call me crazy, but anyone who swaps parts on something and passes it as the real deal is a damn Con artist. I really don't give a damn how big of a reputation you have thats no way to conduct a reputable business. But hey that's just me:p

mechelaar
06-15-09, 12:08
HAhahaha heheheh hohoho. Call me crazy, but anyone who swaps parts on something and passes it as the real deal is a damn Con artist. I really don't give a damn how big of a reputation you have thats no way to conduct a reputable business. But hey that's just me:p

I still can't tell. :confused:

Boss302
06-15-09, 12:12
My BCM 16" Carbine, has BCM stamped on the left side of upper receiver, and barrel markings on top of barrel. My BCM Mid-Length has BCM on the right, and barrel markings on top.

The Carbine upper was purchased through Global Tactical Supply,and the Mid-Length through BravoCompanyUSA. I have absolute faith that both uppers are genuine BCM, just produced at different points in time, thus explaining the different receiver markings.

Thomas M-4
06-15-09, 12:17

:rolleyes: Grant was just being sarcastic.
I saw it and I think everyone else saw it also?

98z28
06-15-09, 12:21
I have two BCM middy uppers, purchased at different times. I will have to go home and check where the BCM mark is on the receiver, but I know it is on one side only with both uppers. I did notice that the font of the barrel stamps are different. I'll get some pics tonight and get them up. One is neat and in the same font as the one already posted while the other is a little sloppy and in a different font.

Nathan_Bell
06-15-09, 12:22

Dude, get freaking clue.

Grant is being a smart ass, as the scenario he is outlining is obviously not probable.

I hope you are as well and just really suck at expressing yourself in writing, otherwise you should sue your parents for dropping you on your head a few too many times.

rob_s
06-15-09, 12:23
I typically just offer to send people's money back as soon as they send me the item back if there's an issue like this. I generally just don't care enough to go round and round with people. Do the same thing at work, actually.

Now to throw gas on the fire :D

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/BCM/DSC_2955-1.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/BCM/BCMwithpoboy.jpg

Icculus
06-15-09, 12:25
I am not the owner of that piece but I would say it's foliage green. The UDE is a lighter/grayer shade.

The telling detail besides the color is that it is sporting a MOE stock with MIAD grip. The LaRue UDE set features a CTR stock with MOE grip.

Edited to also note that there isn't a PMAG in UDE (to my knowledge at least) so that's another telling factor.

Thank you. Always get so many different looks depending on lighting/camera etc. Guess I just need to find a UDE in real life to see if I like it

I still can't tell. :confused:

Me either. He know's Grant was kidding right?

RojasTKD
In the past month I received two BCM upper. 16"" M4 Carbine and a 16" mid-length, both are stamped only on the right side of the upper.

My barrel is stamped like the others shown.

Does he or you have a pic of the offending barrel?

SecretAgentMan
I own 2 16" M4 Uppers... the BCM logo is only stamped on the ejection port side, next to the keyhole mark

I believe the BCM logo is only stamped on the bolt catch side on the middies

Incorrect. I have two BCM mid-length uppers from the same manufacturing run. One has the logo stamped on the bolt-catch side. The other is stamped on the ejection port side.

Rock-N-Ruin
06-15-09, 12:46
Well, after reading this whole thread I am suprised to see the buyer hasn't made an appearance? I'd just take it back also and sell it to someone on here who has done their homework as said above also.... Good luck.. J.

.45fmjoe
06-15-09, 13:22

You realize you are an idiot, right?

kyrin88
06-15-09, 13:57
Dude, get freaking clue.

Grant is being a smart ass, as the scenario he is outlining is obviously not probable.

I hope you are as well and just really suck at expressing yourself in writing, otherwise you should sue your parents for dropping you on your head a few too many times.

Hahahaha, you are funny:D

mtdawg169
06-15-09, 14:00

kyrin, to spell it out clearly, GRANT WAS JOKING! What kind of moron would admit to selling a ripoff copy in the same thread that the maufacturer just posted in? BCM would yank his dealership in 2 seconds flat! You're being a douce, stop it.

kyrin88
06-15-09, 14:03
OK, calm down gentlemen.:cool:

C4IGrant
06-15-09, 15:49

http://www.gunsamerica.com/947678922/Guns/Rifles/AR-15-Rifles-Small-Manufacturers/Upper-Only/BCM_DD_5_56_16_Middy_Upper_Complet.htm#

Con artist? Me? Crap, you have figured me out (foiled again).

C4

C4IGrant
06-15-09, 15:51

I have realized over my years of operating on the errornet that not everyone is aware of this.

C4

Razorhunter
06-15-09, 16:27
Well, after reading this whole thread I am suprised to see the buyer hasn't made an appearance? I'd just take it back also and sell it to someone on here who has done their homework as said above also.... Good luck.. J.

Actually, I had THOUGHT he was a member here, but apparently he purchased my upper off another site.
However, he has been reading this thread, and has already registered awaiting approval, and he has promised to login and post an apology after his account gets confirmed (I never knew this forum required "approval" these days??).
Anyhow, as I said before guys, I'm really just wanting the guy to confirm the upper is GTG, so he can be assured that he doesn't pass up a top quality upper.
He has only ever owned a STAG before, so I'm cutting him some slack.
I can understand everyones varying opinions on the matter, but honestly guys, I'm not upset about this. I was annoyed at first, and slightly offended, but it's not worth getting upset over, and now that Paul at BCM has CONFIRMED that there are a total of "4 different bbl stampings" that have come on his bbls, I think the issue can now be fully resolved.
Please understand guys, that this buyer is not a total jerk, and he has not been outright disrespectful and demanding.
I think all is well, and I'd rather gain a shooting buddy than create yet another enemy. There are enough of those to go around in this world these days.
As I said, I can understand everyones opinion, and I thank all of you for posting pics, and helping with info for this guy to read.
I have the pic he sent me of the stamping on the bbl. Still trying to figure out how it differs from the other photos in this thread.
Hopefully it is sized properly to post on this forum. Otherwise, I'm SOL, as I cannot resize pics on this PC (ANCIENT operating system/programs on this baby). Spend all my money on guns, and not enough on PC equiptment....
Let's see if I can make this pic work...

Razorhunter
06-15-09, 16:36
Just got an email from the buyer, and here is the email correspondence between the buyer and Paul at BCM (keep in mind MY name is "Paul" too guys, confusing, I know)

"Dear Paul Cataldo,

This is a copy of my correspondence with BCM. Looks like I made a complete ass of myself.?Sorry for the aggravation I caused.?

Sincerely,
Mark"

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 15, 2009 2:09:52 PM EDT
To: Mark
Subject: RE: Barrel Marking Issue Mentioned on M4Carbine.net?

- "Yes, that is our barrel.? Thanks for the email.
Each barrel maker has a 1 or more dies to install the BCM barrel markings.
It is good to go.
Enjoy your BCM upper!"

Sent:?Monday, June 15, 2009 1:03 PM
To:?bravocompany@wi.rr.com
Subject:?Barrel Marking Issue Mentioned on M4Carbine.net

"Dear BCM,

I read the following on M4Carbine.net on the thread about needing help from BCM owners:

"1. There is a couple of batches of uppers done with BCM on the right side. Another done with logos on both. Current production is on right side.

- "YES, not all barrel stamping fonts on BCM barrels are the same. Only one of the fonts is shown in the pics. There are at least 4 different types of fonts and roll marks.
Have the customer email us pics if there is a question.
Thanks,
Paul/BCM"

- "I am the person in question. Here are two photos of the barrel I received on the mid-length upper. If it looks good to you, let me know, because I may owe Mr. Paul Cataldo an apology."

bkb0000
06-15-09, 16:40
what i relief... i was really afraid you'd sold the guy one of those fake BCMs from china that don't exist.

.45fmjoe
06-15-09, 16:44
what i relief... i was really afraid you'd sold the guy one of those fake BCMs from china that don't exist.

I have to tell you, I lost sleep over it last night and I'm really dragging ass at work today.

Razorhunter
06-15-09, 16:45
Here's the pic of the bbl that he was worried about, which Paul at BCM instantly confirmed was a legit BCM...

Sorry guys, don't know how to post the pic in this thread, this is all I know how to do...

bkb0000
06-15-09, 16:48
the only thing fake in that picture is that crappy veneer over partical board

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2606&d=1245102295

Razorhunter
06-15-09, 16:50

HAHAHAHAHAA!!! You KILL me brotha! That one deserves a standing ovation for sure!!!

Rider79
06-15-09, 16:53

Haha!

SeriousStudent
06-15-09, 17:47
Here's the pic of the bbl that he was worried about, which Paul at BCM instantly confirmed was a legit BCM...

Sorry guys, don't know how to post the pic in this thread, this is all I know how to do...

Your barrel stamp and mine look exactly alike. And mine shoots like a dream. If he runs some Hornady 75-grain HPBT match through it, he will be loving life.

spamsammich
06-15-09, 18:33
I'm not looking forward to more TOS refugees over here, but if Paul takes him under his wing, I'm sure he'll work out just fine. ;) Glad things worked out for you Mr. Cataldo.

98z28
06-15-09, 20:19
Glad it has been resolved. Here are some barrel stamping pics for people digging this thread up (both BCM uppers):

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/stelks98z28/IMG_3193.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/stelks98z28/IMG_3155.jpg

thespyhunter
06-15-09, 23:48
I have to tell you, I lost sleep over it last night and I'm really dragging ass at work today.

LMFAO:D

mge08
06-16-09, 12:45
I am the person who had questions about the BCM upper. The barrel markings didn't quite look right, to me, and I foolishly jumped to conclusions. I should have contacted the folks at BCM before I brought it up with Mr. Cataldo. I did contact BCM yesterday, and they verified the markings.
I apologize for behaving so poorly, and causing a ruckus on this forum. At least, some of you seem to have gotten a good laugh out of it.

Remy
06-16-09, 13:13
No problem, mge. Get that new rifle put together and do some shooting! Enjoy your new gun.

And welcome to the forum!

rob_s
06-16-09, 13:14
I am the person who had questions about the BCM upper. The barrel markings didn't quite look right, to me, and I foolishly jumped to conclusions. I should have contacted the folks at BCM before I brought it up with Mr. Cataldo. I did contact BCM yesterday, and they verified the markings.
I apologize for behaving so poorly, and causing a ruckus on this forum. At least, some of you seem to have gotten a good laugh out of it.

Don't worry about it, it all worked out in the end.

And some of us needed that laugh, so thank you. :D

bkb0000
06-16-09, 17:20

indeed- we ripped on you pretty good. don't let that scare you away from the forum, though.

congrats on the upper, and welcome to the forum.

Razorhunter
06-16-09, 17:30
Yup, no worries. bkb0000 is always eager to dive off into a bit of M4C controversy. I think you got his usual "Welcome to M4C" greeting.
That's what us men do... Occasional ripping on each other is the norm sometimes. As long as there is some intelligent weapons debate, I'm all for it. That's what men do...

SiGfever
06-16-09, 20:08
A coward could have run and hid, but you posted in the thread and made your apologies, well done.