PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with New Colt 22lr M4!!

Stoneman122
06-14-09, 20:56
Guys,
Can you help me out? My brother just purchased the new Colt 22LR M4 and the book doesn't tell how to break the gun down, I've got the 2 pins out and have the upper and lower separated, I can't figure out how to get the slide and all out to clean the barrel!! What is the trick? I know it's going to be a simple process so take it easy on me please!!! If there is a site that has these directions on it so I may print them out I'd appreciate it....

I've done a search of the web and haven't found out anything!!

Thanks,

Don

kyrin88
06-14-09, 21:03
Oh oh, I have been waiting for this:D This is what happens when A rifle that says colt on it is selling for 500 bucks.:(

Stoneman122
06-14-09, 22:06
I can't believe that nobody is able to answer this, I know when I get the answer I'll pop myself in the head in the (duhhhhhh) fashion!! :D
Thanks for looking,
Don

mattk
06-14-09, 22:53
I appologise if this doesn't help, as I'm not familiar with the new Colt 22lr. But, is it different than a regular AR 15? If not, you should be able to pull the charging handle back, and the bolt carrier group should slide right out of the back.

Stoneman122
06-14-09, 23:00
Matt,
It's not even close to the regular AR action! It's more like a Semi-auto pistol slide inside a tube. I just can't figure out what I have to do to release it to slide it out of the gun!!!

Hopefully someone will chime in on the subject.....and clear this up!!

Don

mattk
06-14-09, 23:09
Oh, ok. I figured that was the problem. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck

Mega
06-15-09, 13:58
This might seem like an obvious observation, but have you tried calling Colt?

kyrin88
06-15-09, 14:01
Colt does not make this rifle, it just has colt's name on it.

DRich
06-15-09, 15:46
This might seem like an obvious observation, but have you tried calling Colt?

It's made by Umarex/Walther. No telling how much they had to pay Colt for use of their trademark.

rljatl
06-15-09, 17:33
Have you tried reading the freaking manual? Colt will mail one to you in about a nano second if you didn't get one with it.

Stoneman122
06-15-09, 19:31
Have you tried reading the freaking manual? Colt will mail one to you in about a nano second if you didn't get one with it.

Look, I'll be as polite as I can !

Of course I read the FREAKING manual. Manual doesn't say Sheet about tearing it down!! What do you expect for a Air-Soft Company!! Come to find out, all you do is run a stupid bore-snake through it and spray it down with carb cleaner, brush it off, lube it and your done!! It's a stupid design but what do you expect for 500 bucks...

Talked to Umerex on the phone an got their E-mailed cleaning instructions (if that's what you call them) sent to me!! They would not go into details about tearing it down because of warranty issues.... All I got was (if it breaks, send it back to us for repair)

Don

Don

Wild Bill
06-15-09, 20:39
Don't you unscrew the flash suppressor from the front of the barrel and it all falls apart?

Wild Bill

Left Sig
06-15-09, 20:51
Don't you unscrew the flash suppressor from the front of the barrel and it all falls apart?

Wild Bill

Doesn't it do that on it's own after 100 rounds? I know my Walther P22 would do that if you didn't use thread locker...

Wild Bill
06-15-09, 20:59
Not being mean there, but I was reading on another forum about these. I can't find what I was reading, but they showed the takedown and everything.

Wild Bill

rljatl
06-16-09, 17:06
Sorry I made you mad.

I see that the manual says, "NOTE: Further disassembly is not necessary or recommended and will void your warranty."

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=catalog-manuals