PDA

View Full Version : Is the Magpul UBR being updated?

Hootiewho
06-15-09, 08:06
I was listening to a vendor at a local gunshow this past weekend tell a guy who was looking for a UBR that he could get them from his distributor, but urged the guy to wait a few weeks as the UBR was being completely re-done. He said the newer units would be dramatically different. I was calling B.S., but does anyone have any info on this?

rob_s
06-15-09, 08:08
vendor... ...could get them from his distributor,

This is the part that sounds like BS to me. ;)

ICE1811
06-15-09, 08:09
Not sure, but I do recall seeing what they call the MAGPUL ACS...

Check it out...

http://www.mygotimegear.com/product.sc?categoryId=-1&productId=748

.45fmjoe
06-15-09, 09:47
He is probably confusing the UBR with the new ACS stock.

Ridge_Runner_5
06-15-09, 09:56
He is probably confusing the UBR with the new ACS stock.

Agreed.

SWATcop556
06-15-09, 11:07
No plans to update the UBR that I can find. Sounds like he's thinking of the ACS. I would be very hesitant to purchase from someone spouting of about things that they can not back up or can't keep straight. But then that would scratch 99.5% of all gun stores off my purchase list.

Hootiewho
06-15-09, 11:15
He may very well have been confused, but he did mention UBR several times. I figured he was full of it; maybe had an order in from magpul and wanted the guy interested in buying to buy from him, not anyone else???

I was just curious if there was any truth to his statements.

Thanks Guys

NickB
06-15-09, 11:23
I was listening to a vendor at a local gunshow this past weekend tell a guy who was looking for a UBR that he could get them from his distributor, but urged the guy to wait a few weeks as the UBR was being completely re-done. He said the newer units would be dramatically different. I was calling B.S., but does anyone have any info on this?

No, the UBR is not currently being updated. If it were, that would be news to me.

SWATcop556
06-15-09, 11:27
No, the UBR is not currently being updated. If it were, that would be news to me.

From the horse's mouth. Sounds like the guy doesn't know what he's talking about or is full of shit.......or both!

Thanks Nick.

Stickman
06-15-09, 11:38
The UBR and ACS both have three letters, so I can see where he was confused.

Below is a link to a Magpul ACS review I recently completed for anyone who isn't familiar with the ACS (very picture intensive).

Magpul ACS Review (WEVO) (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277)