5pins
06-15-09, 15:12
All gone now.

Spooky130
06-15-09, 17:57
They've got the SA versions left...

5pins
06-15-09, 21:31
That’s strange. They didn’t have any when I clicked on the link earlier.

JWNathan
06-15-09, 22:35
Just picked one up....a semi version that is. I've been really needing one for an A2 build I've had planned for awhile.

Rock-N-Ruin
06-16-09, 00:48
They had semi's when I was down there last week, I was going to go down today also, but got tied up... Dang!!!! J.

CLHC
06-16-09, 01:12
Yes they have the FA, but in the "Enhanced LMT" BCG version if that's what one seeks. :cool:

Pappabear
06-16-09, 01:27
I just bought the SA for a back up. What is the difference in their (or anyones ) FA vs SA. I have two Colt AR15's and an LMT AR15. Would they have SA BCG's?

Any feedback appreciated.

Remy
06-16-09, 10:08
I just bought the SA for a back up. What is the difference in their (or anyones ) FA vs SA. I have two Colt AR15's and an LMT AR15. Would they have SA BCG's?

Any feedback appreciated.

The Colt's would probably be full-auto........the LMT......I am not sure.

SWATcop556
06-16-09, 11:34
LMT ships their rifles with FA Carriers. If you by just an upper and add a BCG then it's up to what you picked. Colt also ships FA carriers in their rifles.

Pappabear
06-16-09, 18:44
Thanks guys. But what is the difference In the build of a BCG FA and SA. Should I always buy FA if given the chance?

SecretAgentMan
06-16-09, 19:02
Thanks guys. But what is the difference In the build of a BCG FA and SA. Should I always buy FA if given the chance?

It doesn't make much of a difference whether you get a full-auto or semi-auto bolt carrier group. The full-auto has a little bit more mass, which probably slows the cycle rate of the action very slightly (which in turn may result in a very slight increase in reliability), but you can purchase either one with confidence.

WGG
06-16-09, 19:05
LMT ships Semi Auto carriers with their SA rifles. From the LMT web site.

The Defender Standard Model 16 features a standard flattop upper receiver, military carbine handguards, 16” chrome lined barrel, standard trigger group, semi auto bolt carrier group and SOPMOD buttstock assembly.

The CQB MRP Defender Model Piston 16 features a monolithic rail platform upper receiver with 16” chrome lined barrel, standard trigger group, semi auto bolt carrier group and SOPMOD buttstock assembly.

Pappabear
06-16-09, 21:23
Thanks guys, then a probably I am running a few of both. Ranier already shipped mine. It was stated a SA LMT BCG. $135.00 I tried to order one from LMT, it was 6 months at the time. Any thoughts on the 'Fail Safe EXO" bolts?

SWATcop556
06-16-09, 22:46
Thanks guys, then a probably I am running a few of both. Ranier already shipped mine. It was stated a SA LMT BCG. $135.00 I tried to order one from LMT, it was 6 months at the time. Any thoughts on the 'Fail Safe EXO" bolts?

The Fail Zero bolts are getting high marks so far. My understanding is that Chris Costa is running one in his KAC rifle with good results.

I have one on the way for T&E and I'll post more once I have some hands on time with one.

Pappabear
06-17-09, 00:46
How many rounds does your average AR15 run before the BCG fails in one fashion or another, and needs cleaning? Fail Zero claims about double if memory serves me.

Rider79
06-17-09, 02:58
I'm not an expert, but I run F/A BCGs in my carbines and S/A in my midlengths.

Iraqgunz
06-17-09, 03:02
A BCG consists of a bolt carrier assy and a complete bolt. Generally speaking if your carrier is assembled properly it will not give you any problems. The bolt assy is the piece that really needs to be looked at. IMHO you should be performing routine mantenance on your weapon. Part of that procedure involves inspecting the extractor, gas rings, extractor spring and insert.

There is no set amount of rounds before you may experience a failure. It could be 500 or 4000.

How many rounds does your average AR15 run before the BCG fails in one fashion or another, and needs cleaning? Fail Zero claims about double if memory serves me.