PDA

View Full Version : SW M&P15OR Sling mounting

Jakal
06-16-09, 10:15
I have this model of M4 and am trying to get a sling mounted on it. I have just the basic model so I need to be able to mount the swivel to the gas block which I understand from S&W that it is already tapped for that purpose.

I would prefer not to have the sling tied to the barrel in anyway. I know that the gas block is attached to the barrel but I have seen some sling mounts that go around the barrel.

Any suggestions as I do not have a tatical fore-end for side mounting. .

Mac5.56
06-16-09, 11:07
The large hole on the underside of your gas block is machined to accept a quick release push button sling mount. Buy one, pop it in there and your GTG.

RD62
06-16-09, 15:58
I believe the mount that goes around the barrel you are thinking of may be the Blue Force Gear UWL (universal wire loop). It comes in two lengths and I think it would work well for your application if you are not wanting to use the existing gas block mount. They are inexpensive and can be had from several sources.

-RD62

USAFR
06-16-09, 18:02
Check out Black hawk for a single point sling mount, it, and other mounts to the nut that holds the butt stock, easy to mount and works well.