PDA

View Full Version : BST forum rules

rob_s
06-16-09, 12:59
Any chance we could ban replies by anyone other than the original poster, provided that the original poster comply with the 48 hour rule when replying to his own post?

Questions from prospective buyers or tire-kickers could be sent via PM or email and if the OP thinks they are general enough can be addressed in the first post via edit.

For example, if someone posted

I have for sale one Colt 6920 $1500. Totally stock, lightly used

Then if he got a question on round count via PM that said "how many rounds through that Colt of yours?", he could edit the first post to say:

I have for sale one Colt 6920, $1500. Totally stock, lightly used

how many rounds through that Colt of yours
About 1500, give or take 200 or so.

Then maybe another guy PMs and asks "does that 6920 come with any extras like magazines, etc.?" at which time the OP can edit again like so

I have for sale one Colt 6920. Totally stock, lightly used

how many rounds through that Colt of yours
About 1500, give or take 200 or so.

does that 6920 come with any extras like magazines, etc.?
Yes, the stock Colt accessory pack of sling, two 20 rounders, cleaning kit, etc. as well as the detachable carry handle

The above would keep the bumping issues to a minimum as well as keep people from crapping in threads when they shouldn't be. Seems to me that someone computer-savy could input some code that only the original poster, or mods and staff, can reply to a thread in the BST section. The OP could choose what to address in the post as he sees fit, and could even just collect all the questions to date and use answering them as his bump after the 48 hours has passed.