PDA

View Full Version : Troy Diamondhead BUIS....???

boondocksaint
06-16-09, 17:50
Anybody have these in stock? (Black)

I couldn't even find them on Troy's web site. Did they stop producing them, or ????:confused:

Red Sun
06-16-09, 19:05
The Diamond aperture BUIS is currently being redesigned.

rgrwilcox
06-16-09, 19:50
What advantages does the Diamondhead offer over a traditional rear sight?

MMcfpd
06-16-09, 21:35
The DiamondHead sight is a patent pending design that Troy produced and sold briefly, but they are no longer authorized to do so. It originated with an Austin company called Shieldshot, Ltd. I don't believe any form is currently in production, but I did see some for sale at a gunshow a couple of weeks ago.

The idea is pretty simple, the diamond aperture gives visual geometric reference points meant to be an aid to centering your front sight post, making it easier to aim accurately. I have one and it does seem to help a bit. As I suspect is the case with many shooters, I'm usually fine with lateral placement with irons and elevation is the looser aspect. Better results seem to come when I don't put much conscious effort into seeing the diamond.

But I have to say that I have only had it out twice, so any conclusions about its utility are probably premature.

rgrwilcox
06-17-09, 08:36
Are the ears on the left, right and top used for anything?

boondocksaint
06-17-09, 11:03
The Diamond aperture BUIS is currently being redesigned.

Any intell on when the redesigned version will be released?

Thanks.

rjacobs
06-17-09, 15:34
I am gonna have to go by this company "shieldshot" in Austin and check out their BUIS. Looks really nice. The base looks similar to the Troy. Anybody know what the price is?

boondocksaint
06-17-09, 18:08
I am gonna have to go by this company "shieldshot" in Austin and check out their BUIS. Looks really nice. The base looks similar to the Troy. Anybody know what the price is?

rjacobs,

Let me know what you think about these. I like the idea of the design and if the price is right, I'd give it a try....

Much appreciated. :D

rjacobs
06-17-09, 19:17
rjacobs,

Let me know what you think about these. I like the idea of the design and if the price is right, I'd give it a try....

Much appreciated. :D

Will do, I am back into town tomorrow and will try to call them on Friday to see if they have an actual retail store or what the deal is. I am pretty lucky to have a few good AR companies close to Austin, Larue being the biggest.

rjacobs
06-17-09, 21:15
I just got an email back from Dan over at Shieldshot. The Diamondhead BUIS wont be released until August 1(or somewhere around there). He is going to get me setup with one at that point, so it will be about a month and a half before I get one, unless he hooks me up early with a test model.

goldakma
06-17-09, 23:23
Any reason for the redesign. I bought one in april when they first came out and haven't had any issues with it. So i guess what i am asking is there anything i should be concerned with?

yallknowho
06-17-09, 23:25
I have one too. I'd also like to know what's being changed.

rjacobs
06-17-09, 23:26
Any reason for the redesign. I bought one in april when they first came out and haven't had any issues with it. So i guess what i am asking is there anything i should be concerned with?

I think they were yanked due to potential patent infringement between Troy and ShieldShot. Its just a guess on my part though.