PDA

View Full Version : Q: "Is that a .38?" A: "A .38, .39...you know - whatever it takes..."

Doogie
06-16-09, 21:01
Don't know if any of you remember that scene from the movie "Mr. Mom", w/ Michael Keaton a buncha years back; but it encapsulates a scenario I'm stuck with: I have a rather...'un-gunny'...boss who insists on carrying a Kel-Tec (?) .32 ACP as a primary DW.

Yes, yes, yes - I have made a concerted effort to modify this mindset with exposure to tactical awareness on various (and numerous!) levels, but.....well, let's just say it, ah...hasn't happened yet:rolleyes:

Anyone know who's got .32 ACP in ANY kind of PD round???? (This also may help me 'mend a fence' w/ the guy after a rather graphic extrapolation the other night of what could happen to him after he touches off a couple FMJ in a BG's direction...) :eek: so, any help is good help..!

Doogie

DRich
06-16-09, 21:30
For .32ACP, the FMJ is your best bet. It gives the greatest possibility of decent penetration.

I often carry a .32ACP as a BUG and it's always stoked with FMJ.

ToddG
06-16-09, 21:45
Your boss, armed with a .32, is ten times better armed than most people.

Agree with DRich, FMJ is probably the way to go.

bkb0000
06-16-09, 22:20
i havent even been able to find anything BUT FMJ for a .32- winchest makes some .32 silvertips, but i'd imagine a thick jacket would just about soak that up.

FMJ all the way.

i carried the same gun- keltec p32- as a BUG for a long time before switching to a taurus 85. decided even as a BUG, i need something i can actually practice with, and you really dont want to put a lot of rounds on the keltecs.