PDA

View Full Version : Beretta PX4 Storm

RogerinTPA
01-16-07, 23:11
I got a PX4 Storm (.40 cal) a few months ago and put about 600 rounds through it so far. It's very pleasing and comfortable to shoot via 3 different size back straps. Fast follow up shots and double taps. The rotating barrel when fired, gives the recoil more of a "shoving" effect. Very accurate even at the 25 yard line. I actually like it more than my Glock 23, which the hand grip is a little too narrow for me. I highly recommend this weapon. ;) I Just wish they hurry up and produce a good holster for it.

http://www.px4storm.com/

VA_Dinger
01-24-07, 21:16
Wow, that looks interesting.

It’s nice to see so many new handguns hitting the market. I assume this is another pistol originally designed for the SOCOM solicitation.

LOKNLOD
01-24-07, 23:23
My friend has had the 9mm version for a little over a year now. I haven't shot it extensively, but the limited time I've spent with it, it feels good in the hand (subjectively). Shoots well (more accurate than me, as little as that means) and I don't know of him having any hang-ups with it.

Navy87Guy
01-25-07, 05:29
I got a PX4 Storm (.40 cal) a few months ago and put about 600 rounds through it so far. It's very pleasing and comfortable to shoot via 3 different size back straps. Fast follow up shots and double taps. The rotating barrel when fired, gives the recoil more of a "shoving" effect. Very accurate even at the 25 yard line. I actually like it more than my Glock 23, which the hand grip is a little too narrow for me. I highly recommend this weapon. ;) I Just wish they hurry up and produce a good holster for it.

http://www.px4storm.com/

I agree -- I love my Storm. It became my daily carry gun as soon as I got it. My wife loves it, too, with the small backstrap installed. When the PX4 in .45 ACP comes out this summer, that will be my carry piece and the 9mm will be set up for my wife.

What do you define as a "good holster"? Most of the top makers now offer a holster that fits the Storm. I carry mine in a Comp-Tac Pro Undercover. I also have a High Noon holster for it. VersaMax and most of the other top brands also have Storm versions.

Beretta has a winner on its hands with the Storm!

Jim

voodoo96743
01-25-07, 21:53
Wow, that looks interesting.

It’s nice to see so many new handguns hitting the market. I assume this is another pistol originally designed for the SOCOM solicitation.

No, the 9mm and .40 have been out a while, but the .45SD (http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotlight/4_%20of%20spotlight_pistol_px4stormpistol45.cfm) was to be their entry. I'm a big fan of Berettas, but really don't see the $450 they want for the SD over a regular .45.

RogerinTPA
02-11-07, 14:46
The 2 ranges I go to are pretty well stocked, but they keep telling me the PX-4 is too new as far as getting a holster. Maybe the supply line is a bit slow in the Clearwater, FL area!

Hawkeye
02-11-07, 19:24
I know that both Galco and Blade-Tech have holster for the Storms.

RogerinTPA
02-26-07, 18:55
Since the original posting, I have found quite a few quality holsters online.:)
Thanks for the help.

Roger

Jerm
02-17-08, 21:08
does the 9mm accept 92 mags?

if so it would save me alot of money to go with it over the M&P,Glock,or XD.

edit-or if the 92 will accept the Px4 mags?

rathos
02-18-08, 18:00
Completely different mags. The storm 9mm actually holds 17 rounds.

does the 9mm accept 92 mags?

if so it would save me alot of money to go with it over the M&P,Glock,or XD.

edit-or if the 92 will accept the Px4 mags?

Jerm
02-18-08, 18:27
the 90-two mags are compatible though correct?

i think they have 17 rounders.