PDA

View Full Version : 6.8 barrels and SSA combat loads....

Hawkeye
01-17-07, 13:11
Anyone know what all 6.8 barrels out there will work with SSA's combat loads?

9DivDoc
01-18-07, 14:24
I just got looking at some over at CMMG's site....

Cr Lined and they specify on their site that they are good to go with Silver State

(whether or not this is all of SS's loadings and bullet types and weights I dunno)

I'm still fence sitting waiting to see what shakes out with the Grendel and Hornady.

Though a 6.8 Masada might strongly compell me to put the dog and his house up for sale...(& I'd throw in the lawnmower)

Hawkeye
01-18-07, 14:54
Its my understanding that CMMG's barrels will work with all commercial loads including SSA's, EXCEPT their "combat" loads.

FlyingHunter
01-19-07, 20:05
FWIW. I've shot alot of different SSA loads in my 6.8spc upper built by PRI and never had a problem.

9DivDoc
01-21-07, 12:20
Anyone know what all 6.8 barrels out there will work with SSA's combat loads?

http://ko-tonics.com/KT68.html 4140 but they claim to handle the SS +
6.8 Rem Spc loads?

hth

Erick Gelhaus
01-22-07, 21:07
SSA combat load? Is that their Extreme flatpoint load? If so, keep it away from a Stag Arms bbl.

Trumpet
02-17-07, 12:52
I've been hearing different things on this matter. Some say that WOA says "no" to the SSA hot loads, where other vendors say "no problem". One very well known barrel maker told me last night that the SSA "defense" load is pretty much bad juju and another famous AR builder said not to belive the hype over this load.

Since I'm in the market for my first 6.8 upper, this is all beginning to become a bit confusing.