PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR Receiver Extension w/ Storage?

Razorhunter
01-17-07, 17:04
Guys,
Is anyone using this VLTOR Receiver Extension tube? In the link below, it is the THIRD product down from the top. http://www.vltor.com/accessory.htm
It is shown under "Shotgun Adaptors" but it looks like it will work on the AR15/M4 correct?
Am I correct that I can take my Colt tube off, and install this VLTOR model onto my M4? I like the VLTOR because of the watertight storage inside the tube. Listing states that it's Mispec too...

Can anyone confirm this, and is anyone using this tube on their M4/AR15????

Here's another closeup.... http://www.vltor.com/images/ssttube1-600.jpg

MASP7
01-17-07, 17:20
The only way you can use this tube on an M4 is if you don't plan on shooting it!
That "buffer tube" is externally the same dimensions as their regular tube, except it is solid on the threaded end, and has a screw cap on the rear. It is intended for applications such as shotguns adapters that use the CAR stock, some of the AK stock adapters, and Vltor's M14 stock.
That handy storage area is where your M4's buffer and spring usually are.

LOKNLOD
01-17-07, 17:22
Doesn't work that way.

Remember that the spring and buffer are operating inside the tube on an AR. If you turn it into a storage compartment, you don't have room for the spring and buffer. On a shotgun or AK w/ an AR stock adapter, there is no spring/buffer operating inside the tube so that's what this tube is designed for.

Razorhunter
01-17-07, 18:00
Yes gentlemen,
I just got finished removing my buffer in preperation for an H2 buffer I just ordered from GR Tactical. I've got an ISMI Spring coming too.

I have a few inches of dead space in there (when stock all the way out), and I thought it to be an excellent storage area, (for a few choice small parts only of course) as I leave stock in this position at all times...

mark5pt56
01-17-07, 18:17
As stated, you can't use the tube mentioned on the AR. The buffer and spring use ALL of the space inside the tube, regardless of stock position.

deadwood83
01-17-07, 18:36
I think he meant between the butt of the collapsable stock and the end of the buffer tube....

It's not part of the buffer tube you're seeing if so. That's just dead space. Tape off the end if you plan on storing anything in there although i'd recommend against it.

LOKNLOD
01-17-07, 18:58
I have a few inches of dead space in there (when stock all the way out), and I thought it to be an excellent storage area, (for a few choice small parts only of course) as I leave stock in this position at all times...

If you're just going to leave the stock all the way out all the time, you should just buy an A2 buttstock with trapdoor compartment and call it good.