PDA

View Full Version : FFL has 9mm 10.5" pistol and I need info...

SuicideHz
01-17-07, 19:04
As it states in the title, my FFL has a used one at his shop.

I got my refund check from SW and it will cover the cost of the "pistol" and the tax stamp for my lower...

It's a LCW lower marked PISTOL ONLY and I would like to replace it ASAP but it will do for the time being. It has a LONG buffer tube- appears to be an A2 tube but I am not sure.

Standard LCW lower, hammer appears to have been machined for 9mm but I don't know enough about them to know what exactly what might have been done by just looking at it.

It's got a mag block that drops in from the top and utilizes the AR mag release to eject it AND the UZI mags it takes. It comes with ONE UZI mag.

The upper is an A1 and I didn't check for markings. It has a real 9mm deflector and port door cover. Uppers is in very new condition with some scuffs on the left side. Nothing DC can't fix and it's not even anything to complain about.

Charging handle appears very new, latch looks new and barely any latch marks on upper. Bolt carrier looks very new- barely any wear and very clean- he never cleans guns he takes in.

Barrel is 10.5"- the A1 9mm FH and crush washer just clear the bay lug, which it does have. I didn't take off the standard carbine handguards to look for markings. One handguard has a small crack. I have genuine COLT M4 handguards I could put on for the time being...

The handguards spin freely around the barrel. I haven't looked at standard handguards in so long I can't remember why they shouldn't or what keeps them from spinning. Easily fixable I would imagine. I've built several so I can take the barrel off and realign the delta ring parts if I need to. Oh, is it because there is no gas tube to hold the D-ring assembly in place?

He's asking $649 and will give it to me for $625 out the door.

I'm contemplating purchasing it and then filling out the Form 1 for my lower so I can swap uppers and just throwing the LCW lower to the side or selling...

I currently have a RRA 2-stage NM trigger group in my Noveske lower. Will I be able to easily swap uppers? I also have an H2 buffer in my lower...

I plan on taking my Matrix 9 over to his shop in the next few days to see how it looks and feels and also sounds.

He handed me about 20 rounds today to fire in the range. It shot very well and the group was nice.

Please comment on this purchase and also tell me about your 9mm SBRs if you wish...

Thanks,

Joe