PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the PWS 7" Diablo?

xfive
06-19-09, 20:16
Accuracy and reliability wise, besides being a carry rifle, are they worthy for a SD/Hd and range use rifle?

SWATcop556
06-19-09, 20:43
A fun range gun by all means yet robs the 5.56 of it's velocity necessary to fragment and be ballisticly efficient. Anything shorter than 10.5 is not for the two-way range.

06-19-09, 20:57
+1 for Swatcop1911. From what my noob self has learned, would have severe restrictions on usability/effectiveness.

FiveStar
06-19-09, 21:44
I saw Todd from PWS using one at the MGM Ironman. All I can say is that I was totally impressed. I was a Range Officer and saw him shooting/hitting small steel poppers at 350-400 yds with that little thing. I would buy one in a heart beat.

SWATcop556
06-20-09, 01:11
I saw Todd from PWS using one at the MGM Ironman. All I can say is that I was totally impressed. I was a Range Officer and saw him shooting/hitting small steel poppers at 350-400 yds with that little thing. I would buy one in a heart beat.

I'm not saying they are not accurate by any means. Our team was recently sent a RRA 7.5 to check out and with a quality optic I was able to keep it on a 10x10 steel plate at 200 yards. They can be accurate rifles and some might even perform well with high quality ammo, but the vast majority of them don't have the ballistic performance needed due to the shorter barrel and loss of velocity.

If you are going to use a weapon with that short of a barrel for social purposes then you are better served with a pistol caliber SMG with quality ammo.

chadbag
06-20-09, 01:39
From a curiosity standpoint, I wonder if it would be possible to help out in the velocity dept by doing a special loading. If a fast enough powder can be found that would not otherwise create too much pressure etc...

SWATcop556
06-20-09, 01:44
From a curiosity standpoint, I wonder if it would be possible to help out in the velocity dept by doing a special loading. If a fast enough powder can be found that would not otherwise create too much pressure etc...

I have often wondered this myself. I haven't been able to find where anyone has done so and been successful, but that doesn't mean its not out there.

I think these would accel in a PSD application but can't warm up to them. They are a blast to shoot though.

Ulysses74
06-21-09, 11:54
Remove that huge comp and you'll have a very fine room-clearing flamethrower!

uspopo
06-21-09, 12:59
Remove that huge comp and you'll have a very fine room-clearing flamethrower!

Remove that moderator and you will get only one shot out it but it will produce one killer flash!! Awesome upper but it is very mission specific..mainly for CQB.

RadioActivity
06-21-09, 13:35
I have often wondered this myself. I haven't been able to find where anyone has done so and been successful, but that doesn't mean its not out there.

I think these would accel in a PSD application but can't warm up to them. They are a blast to shoot though.

One of the LWRCI guys did this very thing. Let me see if I can pull the thread up.

RadioActivity
06-21-09, 14:05
Hell, I can't find the damn thing.

Well anyways, if you go to the LWRCI forums and ask, maybe someone can find it. I searched and searched, but to no avail...

Its been done though. If I remember correctly someone posted a picture tongue in cheek with an 8'' PSD and a massive scope (that was about the total length of the rifle). At which point someone posted, I believe one of the LWRCI staff, that he was using a 6.8 8'' PSD he reloaded for with pistol powder. The rest is fuzzy in my mind.

Sorry!